Tragic Mulatto Alexandra Shipp decries racism because fan wants a Black recasting of Storm

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
None issue and she must feel some type of way to respond to the issue.

If someone went directly to your social media account and blasted you, your ethnicity and your mom I think you would defend yourself.

That girl was minding her damn business before those morons insulted her.

It's one thing to ask for a different actress if you think she's subpar....then I would say she's too sensitive but that's crossing the line.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Naw she is feeding the trolls and should know better.
She got caught up.

Then folks on this board would say she's a punk for taking verbal abuse.

She has every right to defend herself.

Why do nikkas care so much about this mixed talk? shyt.

You have dudes on this board who honestly believe that mixed folks take opportunities. Like Obama was only called half a ****** by rednecks:mjlol:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Then folks on this board would say she's a punk for taking verbal abuse.

She has every right to defend herself.

Why do nikkas care so much about this mixed talk? shyt.
I was curious by the thread title. Once I investigated I saw it was a none issue. She got the job and encountered the regular hate anyone gets for playing a comic book character. Now the race thing is a sore spot in her life since she felt the need to respond to it. I didn't even know she was mixed until it was brought up here.

She has every right to defend herself but she should pick her battles.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
How about the British girl from Game of Thrones as Storm? She acts circles around Shipp.

nathaniel-emmanuel.jpg

Or Chadwick old co-star from 42

MV5BZTM0ZTBlMjktOTJkMi00ZGI4LThiOTItMjNkMGNlM2IxODA3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTk5MTg2NDY@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m reading the actual tweets and People were talking about her though, which is cool but of course she’s going to get upset when people say she’s not what they want. It’s human nature. I mean people say they want you pulled from your job Duh you’re going to get upset and defend yourself. They went at it the wrong way.

Honestly this is corny to me. It’s storm. In the 90s cartoon she looked like a tan white woman. In some teen versions of the comics she looks like a light skin or biracial person. In other versions she looks darker and more African. I mean for god sakes no matter what color she is they always draw her with straight euro hair and euro features:yeshrug:The character is kind of just all over the place, so for people to say she was supposed to be this or that, nah she was always a rep of what whites think blacks should look like. so with that in mind Disney isn’t doing anything brand new lol. Doesn’t excuse it, just doesn’t seem like a point for outrage to me. You say varying skin tones does not equal biracial, but everyone is also equating the actors background to the characters background. It’s make believe. I get we want a character that represents. It’s just corny how the twitter stuff played out on both sides. Grown people calling out other grown people about a fictional character who’s appearance has always been wishy washy

bea3c673e5eb546bfab83c4d588dfbd4.jpg

alexandra-shipp-storm-136517.jpg

7a6080326bb3e7d6ecba13a9efb026f2.png

She’s not too far off from this at all:yeshrug:

I could care less tbh, but i understand why people do.

Storm has never been biracial.
This chick is biracial.
Some black people want a black person to play a black character, fictional or otherwise

I get it :yeshrug:

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Cac movie exec:smugbiden::“Hey alexandra? Wanna play a lead role in a multi million dollar franchise that helped launch the careers of actors such as Hugh Jackmans, James Mcavoy, Jen Lawrence, and Michael Fassbender?”

Alexandra: :troll:“no thanks cac movie exec. TheColi says Im not Black enough”

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline

How amazing would it have been of not only the last media loaded. What is up with The Coli? @FreshAIG @Rekkapryde very regularly tweets don’t load in the first post - not that I specifically need to know more about this person after her random ‘she’s white, she made me’ statement - but it would be nice if tweets loaded (my connection is good brehs, it’s not that)

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Cac movie exec:smugbiden::“Hey alexandra? Wanna play a lead role in a multi million dollar franchise that helped launch the careers of actors such as Hugh Jackmans, James Mcavoy, Jen Lawrence, and Michael Fassbender?”

Alexandra: :troll:“no thanks cac movie exec. TheColi says Im not Black enough”

Exactly. But that's how it is on TheColi.

She should pass on paydays while the MBA candidates on here discuss her blackness.