Tragic Mulatto Alexandra Shipp decries racism because fan wants a Black recasting of Storm

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
Born and raised in Phoenix, was a freshman when she was senior at St.Mary. She never gave the indication that she was proud of her other side. This was some years ago, so maybe things have changed due to her experience since then.

U hit?

El Bajo Negro

Banned
Daps
He said himself that his mother looked like a white woman. She was biracial.

I personally don't see the issue here. She got in her feelings about someone claiming she's not black enough to play Storm. Who wouldn't be upset at someone shytting on their "acting" because they're light?

So we're just gonna completely ignore the fact that Storm is dark-skinned?:sas1:
Just gotta play the victim huh...

I'd expect people to be equally upset if they cast Don Cheadle to play Barack Obama in a biopic. :sas2:

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
Black people are partly to blame when y'all lump every mixed and non black as actual black people fukk shyt like this happens.

Next Hollywood's Gonna be using octaroons as representation for black people to deflect racism and underrepresentation

Stephanie_Convery,_L.png

playing Madam CJ Walker.

:dead:

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
The anger wasn't directed at her though...

People were saying that they wanted Disney to cast a fully black person and then she got angry and lashed out.

I see nothing wrong with black people wanting a black character to represented by a black person.
Varying skin tones =/= biracial...

I personally would like to see them cast an actual African instead of these biracials but w/e its not really a huge deal to me
I’m reading the actual tweets and People were talking about her though, which is cool but of course she’s going to get upset when people say she’s not what they want. It’s human nature. I mean people say they want you pulled from your job Duh you’re going to get upset and defend yourself. They went at it the wrong way.

Honestly this is corny to me. It’s storm. In the 90s cartoon she looked like a tan white woman. In some teen versions of the comics she looks like a light skin or biracial person. In other versions she looks darker and more African. I mean for god sakes no matter what color she is they always draw her with straight euro hair and euro features:yeshrug:The character is kind of just all over the place, so for people to say she was supposed to be this or that, nah she was always a rep of what whites think blacks should look like. so with that in mind Disney isn’t doing anything brand new lol. Doesn’t excuse it, just doesn’t seem like a point for outrage to me. You say varying skin tones does not equal biracial, but everyone is also equating the actors background to the characters background. It’s make believe. I get we want a character that represents. It’s just corny how the twitter stuff played out on both sides. Grown people calling out other grown people about a fictional character who’s appearance has always been wishy washy

bea3c673e5eb546bfab83c4d588dfbd4.jpg

alexandra-shipp-storm-136517.jpg

7a6080326bb3e7d6ecba13a9efb026f2.png

She’s not too far off from this at all:yeshrug:

Last edited: