Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
@jwonder which coach do you hate more Shanny or Harbs? :jbhmm:
Damn this is a tough one, But I'm going to have to go with Shanny. The personnel decision making is horrid. The play calling is horrid. Both are hacks. I remember people thinking that I was crazy how I talked about Harbaugh. They quickly STFU when they see he can't even get it done in college.

What people have to understand is that if you are hyped up as some type of "Guru". You got to show that shyt. Neither has.

calh45

Cal
Daps
No no no can't you see the conspiracy that is at play here?!?!

I have no idea what @calh45 is talking about anymore. I posted the numbers already. Those are the facts. The offense was vastly improved with Purdy in there over Jimmy. Immediately they were averaging 34 PPG. They were getting huge chunk plays all over the field. Yeah, part of that was Kyle trusting Purdy and part of that was because Purdy would look to attempt bigger plays and also extend plays with his legs. These are all facts.

Jimmy didn't deserve to be trusted to do any more than he was already doing.

Then I'm supposed to look at how Shanny called the Bears game. What am I supposed to be looking at? We all agree that some of those QB run plays with Trey were dumb and he ended up getting hurt on one of them but if we are looking just at the Bears game, it was a monsoon. I doubt Shanny calls it any different with another QB.

And lastly, yes it's incredibly dumb to suggest that a coach is tanking games because he doesn't like a QB. That's completely nuts.

I have personally seen a coach tank multiple players and straight up told everyone he was. I have heard direct first hand knowledge of coaches tanking players at other colleges as well because they didn't like players. I have heard direct first hand knowledge of several NFL coaches who have tanked players. The idea of this is not anything to anyone who's played football above the high school level. I can understand how you think it's ridiculous, because you 100% don't know that world, but I can guarantee you it happens.

Him being his father's son makes it even more likely to me that's exactly what happened. I'm literally telling you what I know happens in the football world and have direct knowledge of and you're telling me it can't be possible because "reasons"

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I have personally seen a coach tank multiple players and straight up told everyone he was. I have heard direct first hand knowledge of coaches tanking players at other colleges as well because they didn't like players. I have heard direct first hand knowledge of several NFL coaches who have tanked players. The idea of this is not anything to anyone who's played football above the high school level. I can understand how you think it's ridiculous, because you 100% don't know that world, but I can guarantee you it happens.

Him being his father's son makes it even more likely to me that's exactly what happened. I'm literally telling you what I know happens in the football world and have direct knowledge of and you're telling me it can't be possible because "reasons"

:mjlol: You're talking about a fukking college coach tanking a player now. Yeah, ok. What does that have to do with an NFL coach supposedly setting up a QB to fail, purposely, therefore, directly impacting his own win/loss record?

"You don't know that world.." Lmaooo

calh45

Cal
Daps
yall should chill

I think @Eric Brooks is talking about Jimmy vs Brock moreso and youre talking Trey vs Brock

I think all of us can agree that Brock is vastly superior to Jimmy the vet just off one rookie year ? To me that's a no brainer. Kyle was scared of Jimmy fukking up we never attempted to do 2 minute drills, Kyle would dial up hell conservative shyt.

Kyle trusts Brock more than he trusted any QB here . They had 1 drive with against the Hags in the playoffs with 55 seconds on the clock, one timeout at their own 23 and got a FG out of it. Theres no way in hell they'd get that out of Jimmy.

And they had 1 drive after Dak pick against the cowgirls, 1:15 left and two timeouts left, and they got a FG out of it.

Both had Brock making intermediate throws in a situation where the defense knew they had to prevent a long pass, and they still couldn't do so.

So, when absolutely needed, Brock was able to put air on the ball in obvious passing situations.

I will agree with @Eric Brooks that the notion of a NFL head coach hand picking a QB, trading three first rounders for him in the process, and then deciding he ( the coach) is a racist or having some personal dislike for the QB, then deliberately tanks the team so he can always be ridiculed for the trade, is pretty shaky, my dude. We all know Kyles ego is sky high and this trade is forever a blemish on his resume.

Whats more likely to me, is what @King Kreole said. Kyle really thought Trey could come in and do exactly everything Jimmy was able to do AND have a big arm and ALSO be able to run read options like Cam Newton. The reality is he wasn't able to develop Trey to that point. Thats on him and the coaching staff. And he even said as much, he let Trey down.

Ole boy wanted to chat. He should stop with me. Football coach egos are off the charts for what/how regular folks would think about shyt. Tommy Tuberville is a senator right now who is literally blocking national security level appointments because abortions. Do you think that style of "negotiation" didn't apply when he was a coach? He was absolutely terrorizing players.

calh45

Cal
Daps
:mjlol: You're talking about a fukking college coach tanking a player now. Yeah, ok. What does that have to do with an NFL coach supposedly setting up a QB to fail, purposely, therefore, directly impacting his own win/loss record?

"You don't know that world.." Lmaooo

I'm not gone name names for your goofy ass, but you're dumb if you think I haven't spoken to NFL players too and heard those stories.

I'm glad you feel happy that you feel like you're smarter than me about a level of access you've never achieved. Have a good Sunday sport.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
You know as crazy as this may be for everyone else not Niner fans

And maybe some of us

In the grande scheme of things

This just a typical Tuesday in Niner Offseason :mjlol:

Am I having fun with this chaos and fukkery? Of course and why not?

All the greatest comedies come from the greatest tragedies. Instead of being mad and crying about like some folks trynna fight it and defend shyt. I figure it’s best to lean into it and have fun with it.

Niner Offseason is unavoidable and life at this point.

We don’t do “quiet summers”:lolbron:

It’s ALWAYS some shyt, just embrace it like brehs.

I always been ahead of the curb and been training many of you for shyt like this for the past few years:russ:

Last edited:

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Right, as I posted before, if you take out the last anomalous game, Darnold had a 105 QB rating, 220 yards per game, and a 7 to 1 TD-INT ratio last season. Completely respectable numbers on a pretty bad Panthers offense.

Practice is one thing, and I agree the stats mean next to nothing because they're completely devoid of context. But preseason game film is still live game film, and that's what I'm basing my analysis on. Trey looked less comfortable, less confident, and made more mistakes than Darnold did in the preseason games. The coaching staff's decisions align with what we all saw in the games. Darnold didn't look great, but he looked better than Trey. Not by a massive margin, but by a notable one. I agree that Trey has more value so trading him made more sense, but even if we kept them all, he would still be QB3.

I agree, and I felt like Trey was qb3 by default also even if he outplayed Darnold because with Purdy as QB1, we wouldn't have to change much with Darnold out there as opposed to how we look with Trey. With Trey we have no real intermediate passing game and that's Shanahan's bread and butter.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
You know as crazy as this may be for everyone else not Niner fans

And maybe some of us

In the grande scheme of things

This just a typical Tuesday in Niner Offseason :mjlol:

Am I having fun with this chaos and fukkery? Of course and why not?

All the greatest comedies come from the greatest tragedies. Instead of being mad and crying about like some folks trynna fight it and defend shyt. I figure it’s best to lean into it and have fun with it.

Niner Offseason is unavoidable and life at this point.

We don’t do “quiet summers”:lolbron:

It’s ALWAYS some shyt, just embrace it like brehs.

I always been ahead of the curb and been training many of you for shyt like this for the past few years:russ:

It's fun. Lost in all of this is that Lance wasn't gonna play regardless. Hopefully Purdy stays healthy and this isn't even a discussion anymore. We got what we could, we got a pick back, and we can all pretend that we gave up all them picks for Purdy to start with :heh:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
It's fun. Lost in all of this is that Lance wasn't gonna play regardless. Hopefully Purdy stays healthy and this isn't even a discussion anymore. We got what we could, we got a pick back, and we can all pretend that we gave up all them picks for Purdy to start with :heh:

Now I do disagree with that just cuz off the history of KYLES reign.

I mean this is insane but 4 of the 6 year KYLE has coached with us…. A 3rd QB has played.

I wanna believe Purdy can make it to 17 games plus SB.

But come on :mjlol:

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Now I do disagree with that just cuz off the history of KYLES reign.

I mean this is insane but 4 of the 6 year KYLE has coached with us…. A 3rd QB has played.

I wanna believe Purdy can make it to 17 games plus SB.

But come on :mjlol:

:skip: it's bc Jimmy is made out of sheetrock. But yeah the odds are we need a 3rd QB

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
:skip: it's bc Jimmy is made out of sheetrock. But yeah the odds are we need a 3rd QB

I’m gonna blame Dr Shanny :lolbron:

Kyle can protect QBs and RBs

Oh who we kidding …. He gets all our players hurt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.