Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Numbers don't lie @calh45 With Jimmy the 49ers were near the BOTTOM of the league on throws over 20 yards. But what happened when Purdy came in? That all changed. Why? Because he is more willing and confident to go there with it and Shanny had more confidence in him to do it.

And here were the results:

And what? What freedom did Jimmy deserve? Of course Shanny had a short leash on Jimmy because Jimmy isn't good... he turned out to be a pretty average QB. We could trust Jimmy to do just enough to get us where we needed to be in most games. But every time Jimmy needed to make a throw in a big game, he FAILED so why are we discussing this like Shanny should have opened up the playbook for him? Why would he do that?

You recognized my point and then decided to flip it into some sort of pro-Jimmy argument instead of a coaching malpractice point. That's the "and what?" of it. Kyle calling the offense in the same way with Trey or Jimmy would lead to the same results.

Your stat actually validated what I'm saying. Kyle was calling a pass game that allowed game breakers to break games by getting them the ball quickly. Purdy wasn't in those games throwing Mahomes or Allen or Burrow style deep throws. If you try to infer that's what was happening because of that stat I'd call you a liar. Since you used stats I'll use them too. There's a stat called intended air yards - 2022 NFL Advanced Passing | Pro-Football-Reference.com - Brock's intended air yards per attempt is 6.6 yards. That put him 31st per attempt in the league last season. His completed air yards average was bottom half of the league at 5.9. Like I said, if you want to believe he's something that he is that's fine, but don't talk wild at folks who see him for what he is.

The offense Kyle calls when Purdy is playing isn't some sophisticated offense that only he can run. The gains made when him in the offense were because KYLE called the game differently and was fine with tanking the team because the QB wasn't his preference. It's never been about the player. It's been about how the coach only chooses to employ the correct strategy for our offensive roster when he likes the QB. That's bullshyt because there's a limit to how far a team can go when that's the case especially now that Philly is building a team to fight the AFC.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
An NFL coach is "tanking" games because he don't like the QB Lmao. The same NFL where if a coach has a bad season he's on the hot seat and by year two the front offices are already looking for a replacement? That NFL?

I don't fukk with conspiracy theories. @calh45 This is terrible, shyt posting. :mjlol: Shanny had no reason to trust Jimmy to do anything else other than what he was allowed to do. That's it.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Oh and by the way, for everyone concerned that we gave up all of those picks for Trey, we did. But as I had said several pages ago, we have also gained picks through compensation.

We now have 7 picks in the first four rounds of next year's draft. That's huge to be able to replenish the roster with young guys and keep this going.

calh45

Cal
Daps
An NFL coach is "tanking" games because he don't like the QB Lmao. The same NFL where if a coach has a bad season he's on the hot seat and by year two the front offices are already looking for a replacement? That NFL?

I don't fukk with conspiracy theories. @calh45 This is terrible, shyt posting. :mjlol: Shanny had no reason to trust Jimmy to do anything else other than what he was allowed to do. That's it.
:russ:

This is your "response". Calling me a shytposter? I thought you wanted a "logical" discussion. I brought stats just like you did that actually provide context to what I'm saying. Stay in the slow lane if you can't see the higher level of things and don't call it a conspiracy because it's over your head. Don't throw shots if you can't take the smoke. Enjoy the season champ.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Does anyone even like Papa? Dude is such a homer. Wish he went to Vegas with the Raiders. They need to bring in some new blood him and Ryan try to act too cool
papa is awful and so is tim ryan

I switched to the chargers announcers coverage stream yesterday after a couple of quarters

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
:russ:

This is your "response". Calling me a shytposter? I thought you wanted a "logical" discussion. I brought stats just like you did that actually provide context to what I'm saying. Stay in the slow lane if you can't see the higher level of things and don't call it a conspiracy because it's over your head. Don't throw shots if you can't take the smoke. Enjoy the season champ.
yall should chill

I think @Eric Brooks is talking about Jimmy vs Brock moreso and youre talking Trey vs Brock

I think all of us can agree that Brock is vastly superior to Jimmy the vet just off one rookie year ? To me that's a no brainer. Kyle was scared of Jimmy fukking up we never attempted to do 2 minute drills, Kyle would dial up hell conservative shyt.

Kyle trusts Brock more than he trusted any QB here . They had 1 drive with against the Hags in the playoffs with 55 seconds on the clock, one timeout at their own 23 and got a FG out of it. Theres no way in hell they'd get that out of Jimmy.

And they had 1 drive after Dak pick against the cowgirls, 1:15 left and two timeouts left, and they got a FG out of it.

Both had Brock making intermediate throws in a situation where the defense knew they had to prevent a long pass, and they still couldn't do so.

So, when absolutely needed, Brock was able to put air on the ball in obvious passing situations.

I will agree with @Eric Brooks that the notion of a NFL head coach hand picking a QB, trading three first rounders for him in the process, and then deciding he ( the coach) is a racist or having some personal dislike for the QB, then deliberately tanks the team so he can always be ridiculed for the trade, is pretty shaky, my dude. We all know Kyles ego is sky high and this trade is forever a blemish on his resume.

Whats more likely to me, is what @King Kreole said. Kyle really thought Trey could come in and do exactly everything Jimmy was able to do AND have a big arm and ALSO be able to run read options like Cam Newton. The reality is he wasn't able to develop Trey to that point. Thats on him and the coaching staff. And he even said as much, he let Trey down.

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs… Forget about Trey. Brock. Darnold. for a minute

We have no kickers.

OL Depth is shaky.

Do we even have a pass rush without Bosa?

How good are the CBs aside from Ward? Especially if the pass rush ain’t gonna be as good

Some major questions :lupe: which is why I’m kind of lightweight nervous about this season

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I will agree with @Eric Brooks that the notion of a NFL head coach hand picking a QB, trading three first rounders for him in the process, and then deciding he ( the coach) is a racist or having some personal dislike for the QB, then deliberately tanks the team so he can always be ridiculed for the trade, is pretty shaky, my dude. We all know Kyles ego is sky high and this trade is forever a blemish on his resume.

No no no can't you see the conspiracy that is at play here?!?!

I have no idea what @calh45 is talking about anymore. I posted the numbers already. Those are the facts. The offense was vastly improved with Purdy in there over Jimmy. Immediately they were averaging 34 PPG. They were getting huge chunk plays all over the field. Yeah, part of that was Kyle trusting Purdy and part of that was because Purdy would look to attempt bigger plays and also extend plays with his legs. These are all facts.

Jimmy didn't deserve to be trusted to do any more than he was already doing.

Then I'm supposed to look at how Shanny called the Bears game. What am I supposed to be looking at? We all agree that some of those QB run plays with Trey were dumb and he ended up getting hurt on one of them but if we are looking just at the Bears game, it was a monsoon. I doubt Shanny calls it any different with another QB.

And lastly, yes it's incredibly dumb to suggest that a coach is tanking games because he doesn't like a QB. That's completely nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.