Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
shyt. You know I wanted Harbaugh fired. He's been exposed as a overrated mediocre coach ever since.

Kyle had already been exposed. The reason why people want Kyle fired is because of his dumb play calling in big games and the dumb draft picks especially in the third round.

Na fukk that @jwonder

If this was like a foiled bank robbery scenario….

Where you’re now surrounded with all of my Purdy Boi’s guns pointed at you.

And you have future Acquisition @MushroomX hostage in a chokehold but as a human shield with a gun to his head!:shaq:

And we telling you to CHOOSE

Your chooses are;

1. Harbaugh
  2. Dr Shanny
  3. Murder/Suicide (sorry Mushroom)
What you choosing breh? :lolbron:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Right, as I posted before, if you take out the last anomalous game, Darnold had a 105 QB rating, 220 yards per game, and a 7 to 1 TD-INT ratio last season. Completely respectable numbers on a pretty bad Panthers offense.

Practice is one thing, and I agree the stats mean next to nothing because they're completely devoid of context. But preseason game film is still live game film, and that's what I'm basing my analysis on. Trey looked less comfortable, less confident, and made more mistakes than Darnold did in the preseason games. The coaching staff's decisions align with what we all saw in the games. Darnold didn't look great, but he looked better than Trey. Not by a massive margin, but by a notable one. I agree that Trey has more value so trading him made more sense, but even if we kept them all, he would still be QB3.
Darnold went out and threw 2 dropped picks last game. He is who he is. Y’all can omit this and Carry the 1 and use whatever funky math y’all want to say otherwise.

Brock needs to stay healthy. If he doesn’t, it’s a wrap.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Darnold went out and threw 2 dropped picks last game. He is who he is. Y’all can omit this and Carry the 1 and use whatever funky math y’all want to say otherwise.

Broke needs to stay healthy. If he doesn’t, it’s a wrap.

This and the message will be “Kyle is a fukking stubborn idiot”

Cuz if Lance was there, atleast we’d finally be able to really see what he can do, allow him to get that experience he needs and whatever happens, be fine with it and hopeful for the FUTURE. Like no one is really mad disappointed if Trey can’t win us the SB his first full season or even get us to the NFCC game. He ain’t JimmyG.

But if for any reason Sam comes in and shyts the bed as we know, we back at square 0 again. He only on a 1 year deal so they won’t resign him. That means once again we gotta look for another QB and it’s gonna be hard to trust Kyle and Lynch and we’ll be sour on Brock

This whole thing is messy

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This and the message will be “Kyle is a fukking stubborn idiot”

Cuz if Lance was there, atleast we’d finally be able to really see what he can do, allow him to get that experience he needs and whatever happens, be fine with it and hopeful for the FUTURE. Like no one is really mad disappointed if Trey can’t win us the SB his first full season or even get us to the NFCC game. He ain’t JimmyG.

But if for any reason Sam comes in and shyts the bed as we know, we back at square 0 again. He only on a 1 year deal so they won’t resign him. That means once again we gotta look for another QB and it’s gonna be hard to trust Kyle and Lynch and we’ll be sour on Brock

This whole thing is messy

But Kyle is confident that there is no hope for Lance.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
But Kyle is confident that there is no hope for Lance.

Not what he said on Record to a degree, him and Lynch still saying “they like him and think he’s gonna do great things in this league” type talks.

That’s what I said earlier, as distasteful and bad optics it would’ve been, I’d more rather they buried him to the media.

Just scorch earth

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not what he said on Record to a degree, him and Lynch still saying “they like him and think he’s gonna do great things in this league” type talks.

That’s what I said earlier, as distasteful and bad optics it would’ve been, I’d more rather they buried him to the media.

Just scorch earth

Shanny is a liar.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Let's take a look at our safeties.

Talanoa Hufanga - 2021 5th round draft pick. He made an immediate impact as a rookie making key tackles and forcing some fumbles as well as the game winning play in the 2021 Playoff game against the Green Bay packers. He is an A1 tackler and has the eyes of a hawk as he is always in the vicinity to make a play on the ball. He has missed a few assignments in coverage but he also arguably has the softest hands on defense as he had 4 INT and a pick 6 last year. While his health is in doubt with some inflammation on his knee this current season. If he can be healthy he is an elite safety.

Performance: A-
Potential: A-
Overall: A-

Tashaun Gibson Sr - Veteran Safety. Gibson had an incredible season that doesn't get enough credit. Last year he hauled in 5 INTs and 69 tackles, not too shabby for a 32 year safety who was brought in to be a veteran presence for a young defense. There is a chance he could decline being one year older but even if he plays at 80% of the level he did last year that is more than enough to bolster the back end of this defense.

Performance: A
Potential: B-
Overall: B+

Ji'Ayir Brown - Jersey Kid and Penn State Alum. Brown was considered something of steal in the 3rd round as a lot of boards had him as the 2nd best safety in the draft. Penn State is generally known for producing solid defenders and Brown is no exception. Having a great eye for tracking the ball, he also has the downhill play style that fits an aggressive defense. My guess is under Steve Wilks, he will see action in blitz packages as well as in a traditional safety formations as he continues to develop and improve.

Performance: B
Potential: B+
Overall: B

George Odum - Veteran safety from the Colts. Odum was a solid special teams player and reserve safety. He even notched an INT in limited action. He can spell the starters and is probably good enough to start short term if need be,

Performance: C+
Potential: C+
Overall: C+

Taylor Hawkins - After having an up and down preseason. Hawkins broke his hand in the Chargers game. Likely sidelining him for several weeks. It may be best to put him on IR to protect him from being poached as he does show some talent and could be a contributor in the future with Gipson getting older.

Performance: D
Potential: C
Overall: C-

Myles Hartsfield - From Sayreville, NJ. Hartsfield was a 2020 UDFA for the Carolina Panthers. He has seen action in a few pro games but at this point he is an emergency players/special teams contributor who could be on the practice squad after cuts.

Performance: D-
Potential: D-
Overall: D-

Unit Analysis: Safety used to be an inconsistent position group on this team but in recent years is much improved. I am concerned about Hufanga's knee not sure if it requires a simple procedure or season ending surgery. There is a chance Ji'Ayir Brown could be a starter in the early games of the season. But either way there is enough talent to cover the leagues best receivers and bring down opposing offenses before they make to much progress. The safeties were part of the reason the 49ers were one of the best in the league in stopping opponents YAC.

Unit Grade: B+

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Special Teams

LS Taybor Pepper: He's a competent long snapper. Good enough to get a 3 year extension. He is also well liked by the teammates and coaches. It also helps he's not expensive as some of the previous long snappers we've had.

Overall: B

P Mitch Wishnowsky - Mitch just got an extension. He is somewhat inconsistent. If he punts 6 times in a game, he'll give you 2 coffin corner punts, 2 decent punt and 2 terrible punts with that said, even the 4/6 is still solid and more often than not he pins opposing offense back. He's no Andy Lee but he's not Bradly Pinion either.

Overall: B-

Jake Moody - 2023 3rd round draft pick. Watching Moody. He has a solid boot but he has a tendency to kick to the left of the upright on kicks that are past 50 yards. That is something he has to work on even if it isn't often the 49ers have had to kick that far. On top pf that he has a strained quad which could keep him out of action early in the season.

Overall: C

Zane Gonzalez - Another kicker brought onto the team, Zane is injured now and was injured last year as well. Though he wasn't great in the few kicks he did take.

Overall: D

Unit Analysis: The overall skill level an success off the offense and defense have hidden flaws on the special teams. Not retaining Robbie Gould could be seen as a mistep and there may be a chance Gould simply does not want to return to San Francisco no matter the contract. The teams are working out kickers as I write this. I think the team kick coverage team is the strength of special teams due to the athleticism but kicking is a question mark and a cause for concern.

Unit Grade: C

Status
Not open for further replies.