Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Biggest complaint I got about them is they make everything more difficult than it got to be

Just like Bosa. You know what it's gonna take so pay him and get him in.

Or, fanbase would've had a meltdown, but they could have traded him for an insane return before the draft. Now you got no real leverage but you still playing games

Man I ABSOLUTELY agree.

Everything they do seems to be so difficult.

And granted we get it, we ain’t in the NFL biz, we ain’t in the lockerroom, we don’t have all the facts and data they may have.

But we see what the Eagles, Steelers, Pats, _______ (not giving that team credit due to a certain Opp poster), and Chiefs do. Or other franchises that just make it look so easier or lack or lack of major effort.

It’s mindboggling

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Explain this to me. Purdy comes in and immediately the team starts putting up 34 PPG. A big reason was CMC but if you watched the games, Purdy is extending plays with his feet, he's looking downfield... he opened everything up. Way more than Jimmy ever did.

So do I think Purdy is this special talent, no not really. But he outplayed Jimmy. The team was a juggernaut. Trey was struggling in a battle for QB2 with Sam Darnold.

I'm not sure what we're discussing here. "They better hope Purdy does this..." Why? What did Trey or Darnold show that was better than Brock?

I think Brock as the starter is fine.

I think the problem is putting Darnold at QB2 over Trey Lance.

Due to the constant injuries suffered at QB in the ShanaLynch era it makes sense to keep 3 comparable QBs on the roster.

Now if Purdy gets hurt which is a possibility, we have an interception prone backup and Brandon Allen who is a fringe NFL QB at best. Basically if Purdy goes down so does the season.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Go look at the Chicago game Trey started. No other QB has ever led the team is designed rushes in Kyle's entire tenure here. It's something Brock is capable of, as you mentioned he has "legs", but Kyle never does it

What would you like me to take from a game that was played in monsoon conditions? I had the cape on for Trey Lance but I also had the cape on for the whole offense because nobody would have looked good in that game.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Second. You're making very bad assumptions about me. I'm the wrong one. I hate Jimmy. Search my posts for whatever you need to confirm that, but what I typed is the truth. Jimmy's deep throws are problematic, but his intermediate accuracy is pretty good. That said, you can't claim you want a "logical" discussion then skip out on reading comprehension because I didn't say anything near Jimmy having the same skillset. I said Kyle's playcalling with him was the issue because it was so vanilla. If you're saying something is laughable then you're laughing at yourself. The offense had zero edge with Jimmy because Kyle didn't trust him after the Super Bowl. That is what I typed. If you're bored and have time there's multiple interviews where Jimmy basically confirmed this when he complained about not having freedom.

And what? What freedom did Jimmy deserve? Of course Shanny had a short leash on Jimmy because Jimmy isn't good... he turned out to be a pretty average QB. We could trust Jimmy to do just enough to get us where we needed to be in most games. But every time Jimmy needed to make a throw in a big game, he FAILED so why are we discussing this like Shanny should have opened up the playbook for him? Why would he do that?

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
I think Brock as the starter is fine.

I think the problem is putting Darnold at QB2 over Trey Lance.

Due to the constant injuries suffered at QB in the ShanaLynch era it makes sense to keep 3 comparable QBs on the roster.

Now if Purdy gets hurt which is a possibility, we have an interception prone backup and Brandon Allen who is a fringe NFL QB at best. Basically if Purdy goes down so does the season.
If Trey and Darnold are comparable skill level, and Darnold is too shyt to be a viable option in the case of Brock going down, then what difference does it make if Trey is here as a backup as well? It would be Purdy or bust with or without Trey.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The hilarious part about your shots at Jimmy is that Brock hasn't really thrown a pass further than 10 yards this preseason that I've seen yet. It's fine if you think he's more than what he is, but don't try to talk slick at us because we don't like to bury our heads in the sand.

Numbers don't lie @calh45 With Jimmy the 49ers were near the BOTTOM of the league on throws over 20 yards. But what happened when Purdy came in? That all changed. Why? Because he is more willing and confident to go there with it and Shanny had more confidence in him to do it.

And here were the results:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
If Trey and Darnold are comparable skill level, and Darnold is too shyt to be a viable option in the case of Brock going down, then what difference does it make if Trey is here as a backup as well? It would be Purdy or bust with or without Trey.

The only difference would be if both Purdy and Darnold got hurt and we've had so many injuries in this era that I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen. But make no mistake, Darnold and Trey weren't going to "save" a season really. Maybe a couple games. Brock is the only QB on the roster where I feel the team could win it all.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
The only difference would be if both Purdy and Darnold got hurt and we've had so many injuries in this era that I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen. But make no mistake, Darnold and Trey weren't going to "save" a season really. Maybe a couple games. Brock is the only QB on the roster where I feel the team could win it all.
I'm just challenging the logic of these pro-Trey posts. If Darnold is too shyt to keep our season afloat, then what is Trey? In order for them to make sense they would have to claim that Darnold looked categorically worse than Trey in the preseason and they can't do that because it's not true, which is why they instead turn to Darnold's past production outside of this offense and Trey's hypothetical potential that we have no actual evidence of him being able to actualize. What we do have evidence of is this:

This is why Trey Lance is no longer a 49er. Putting this on tape in your third year in this system that you were once the starting QB of is very, very bad. Darnold has no tape in a 49ers uniform this bad. Backup QB is about a high floor. Darnold's was higher than Trey's. I was in favor of keeping Trey as QB3, because even if he can't run this offense well he at least has an arm.

I personally don't believe it's a wrap for our season if Darnold has to come in and spell Purdy for a bit. I think he can run this offense competently and we're far too talented on offense to let Sam Darnold sink us. All he would have to do is play point guard, not try and manufacture winning plays like he was doing with the Jets and Panthers. Granted, it's preseason, but so far as a 49ers he's shown he can do that. He can make the right read and deliver the ball. Purdy does it at a tier above Darnold, but I believe Darnold can complete 7 yard slants to wide open Deebo and 15 yard posts to wide open Kittle and hand off to CMC. This is not a difficult offense for a QB. Darnold has already made a few impressive throws here, the arm talent is there.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

I would have rather see what we had in Lance. Darnold is a known quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.