Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
We've been fortunate that the NFC hasn't been the arm's race that the AFC has been, so we could always be a puncher's chance away, but with Philly and Hurts the arm's race is here now. Compare Philly's draft to ours. Compare Seattle's draft to ours. Compare Dallas' draft to ours. The margin of error we had in the past few years is gone now.

We're in an interesting level of purgatory that I think is pretty unique in the NFL. Our roster overall is pretty fukkin good. If our QB plays at a C+ level consistently we'll probably end up in the NFC championship game, but he'll need to be B+ at worst to beat Philly and A++ to beat Pat or Joe or Josh or maybe Lamar in the SB. Our coach is petulant, but he's top 3rd as a coach at worst. Our team is young enough that if Brock does shyt the bed this year we can definitely replace him next season and not lose too much, but Lynch can't draft QBs for shyt and Kyle has shown he'll go scorched earth if he doesn't believe in the pick. Arizona Cardinals fans would take all of this in a heartbeat, but we had Montana and Young and Walsh and Seifert. You can call it spoiled, but it is what it is.

:manny:
Top 3rd coach my ass. You want to know why? It's because he is coaching in the NFC. There are no scary teams in the NFC. Yes I'm including the Eagles also.
It's been fairly easy for this big eared elf fakkit. The competition is really inferior to what we have on the roster.

Put Kyle in the AFC and he be getting thumped in the first round every time.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Kyle low key fukked up ALL our QBs with this decision.

Brock now has to face the pressure of duplicated the success of last season…. But this time without the cushion and help from Jimmy but from start with EVERYONE ready for him. So he has to prove that he’s worthy and deserving of being QB1.

Darnold if he comes in has to prove that he is better than what he was on Jets and Panthers and really is deserving on beating out Trey knowing basically majority of the Niner fanbase hates him and he don’t have the rapport and vibe of the lockerroom like Trey and Brock who’s been there 2-3 years (he the outsider).

And Trey probably is absolutely crushed and confidence depleted trynna figure out how the fukk did things turn out like this and how did he get to where he is at and now will just be in his own head.

Every loss for whomever will weigh heavier on them than any QB on this league.

No one on the roster has the will power of (and I know y’all gonna hate me saying this but) Jimmy.

Who would just take his mistakes it L’s, shrug them off like no big deal and move on to the next game putting the past behind him.

I get why they say you need a vet QB, Sam ain’t it. We need a VET vet, fukk it. Cut him and call Rivers
Jimmy Da Goat. :wow:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
On a team where the QB has lasted a full season once since Kyle has been coach.
Right. But the idea we can get a high caliber starting quality QB with nothing wrong with them to sit behind Brock in the hopes he goes down isn't based in reality. The market is a real thing. Sam Darnold is probably one of the best backup QBs in the league. He didn't play horribly last season either. He shyt the bed in the last game, but in the rest of the season he had a 105 QB rating, 7 touchdowns and 1 interception, averaging 220 yards per game, and that was with the DJ Moore as the only legit player in his supporting cast. In this system with these players he should be much better. Yeah he's been a massive bust so far, 55 picks in 56 games, but Jameis has 96 picks in 86 games and he's considered an elite backup. Heinicke and Dalton are pretty much the only two current backup QBs I would rather see in our QB2 slot and execute this offense than Darnold.

:yeshrug:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
The thing that’s
Right. But the idea we can get a high caliber starting quality QB with nothing wrong with them to sit behind Brock in the hopes he goes down isn't based in reality. The market is a real thing. Sam Darnold is probably one of the best backup QBs in the league. He didn't play horribly last season either. He shyt the bed in the last game, but in the rest of the season he had a 105 QB rating, 7 touchdowns and 1 interception, averaging 220 yards per game, and that was with the DJ Moore as the only legit player in his supporting cast. In this system with these players he should be much better. Yeah he's been a massive bust so far, 55 picks in 56 games, but Jameis has 96 picks in 86 games and he's considered an elite backup. Heinicke and Dalton are pretty much the only two current backup QBs I would rather see in our QB2 slot and execute this offense than Darnold.

Nicca what? You really trynna find a silver lining?

calh45

Cal
Daps
Top 3rd coach my ass. You want to know why? It's because he is coaching in the NFC. There are no scary teams in the NFC. Yes I'm including the Eagles also.
It's been fairly easy for this big eared elf fakkit. The competition is really inferior to what we have on the roster.

Put Kyle in the AFC and he be getting thumped in the first round every time.

The NFC hasn't been what the AFC has been, but being objective he's top 3rd at worst. The only ones I could say are clearly better than him are Andy, Beli, Tomlin, Payton, Pete, and Pederson. Then you got the arguable level with McVay, Harbs, McCarthy (I don't think he's good, but he won a SB), and maybe Vrabel. He's in that second group in whatever order and that puts him top 3rd at worst. The rest of them haven't accomplished enough to be above him or be on that level with him. Sirianni and Taylor only have one SB appearance with more talent. Daboll? No. O'Connell? No. LaFleur? No. Reich? No.

I don't like what he does all of the time, but he is not a Rivera or Staley level HC

calh45

Cal
Daps

Minschew and Heinecke were right there and performed better than Darnold. This wasn't a performance choice for him it was a preference pick. Lynch is clearly letting him cook on the QB choice.

Darnold will play this year because Brock will get hurt since that's Kyle's pattern, which weirdly never gets called out for an offensive genius, and when it does it will go badly because he's Sam Darnold and we know what that means. Jimmy used to do one big fukk up per game and be fine. Sam Darnold is a perpetual train crash of a QB.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County

You are so full of shyt about Darnold like them crackers.

You're the only one on here that really thinks he'll do a good job if Purdy got hurt:mjlol:

Darnold did nothing that screamed QB2

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Jameis has damn near 100 more TDs than Darnold :dead:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
The NFC hasn't been what the AFC has been, but being objective he's top 3rd at worst. The only ones I could say are clearly better than him are Andy, Beli, Tomlin, Payton, Pete, and Pederson. Then you got the arguable level with McVay, Harbs, McCarthy (I don't think he's good, but he won a SB), and maybe Vrabel. He's in that second group in whatever order and that puts him top 3rd at worst. The rest of them haven't accomplished enough to be above him or be on that level with him. Sirianni and Taylor only have one SB appearance with more talent. Daboll? No. O'Connell? No. LaFleur? No. Reich? No.

I don't like what he does all of the time, but he is not a Rivera or Staley level HC
I wouldn't say he's that off from Rivera. He also made the super bowl when he had the talent. I'd probably take Rivera over Kyle. His decision making is definitely better

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
That we whiny and entitled due to shyt that happened over 30 years ago :francis:

That's not fair. Yes, we have the second most Super Bowls but aside from the near decade of disaster that followed the team has been right in the mix. If you add up the Harbaugh years and the Shanny years.

But the thing is... we've all seen excellence. We've seen what a complete team looks like. That's why we ain't satisfied. We want 💍

We're not on some "happy to be here" shyt like other franchises.

Status
Not open for further replies.