Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Garbage. Why even do this trade, Lance won't ever start over Dak so it's not like he's getting his reps.

And fourth round pick is nothing, we had lost three QBs to injuries last year.

Unless Trey requested a trade immediately after being told Darnold is a backup...wed be better off keeping him over a stinking 4th rounder
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what happened. If you're Trey and his agent, you needed to get out of SF immediately to keep your perceived value as high as possible. They have no incentive to stay as QB3 here. QB2 in Dallas is better than QB3 in SF...assuming Trey can beat out Cooper Rush which isn't a given :francis:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Garbage. Why even do this trade, Lance won't ever start over Dak so it's not like he's getting his reps.

And fourth round pick is nothing, we had lost three QBs to injuries last year.

Unless Trey requested a trade immediately after being told Darnold is a backup...wed be better off keeping him over a stinking 4th rounder
That's the only thing that makes sense. Then again, nothing regarding Trey and the Niners has made sense since he was picked :dead:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
The only good news to me is that Dallas takes on the full salary cap hit for Trey.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I'm pretty sure that's exactly what happened. If you're Trey and his agent, you needed to get out of SF immediately to keep your perceived value as high as possible. They have no incentive to stay as QB3 here. QB2 in Dallas is better than QB3 in SF...assuming Trey can beat out Cooper Rush which isn't a given :francis:
to be fair...with how this turned out I wonder why Kyle didnt make Trey QB2...I bet Darnold wouldn't request a trade.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Part of me wanted three 5th round picks so the FO could recover the damage of those three 1st we gave for Trey, considering the 5th round is were our scouting department really shines :pachaha:

I bet the Cowboys offered a 1st and we said: :whoa: . Make that a 5th round pick and you got a deal.

Jerry: best I can do is a 2nd

Us: how about a 4th?

Jerry: a 4th and a sec...

Us: :unimpressed:4th...

Jerry: ughhhh ok?

Us: :mjgrin: suckers

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
:wow: Just like that, he gone

Treys QB coach is in Texas so this is probably a good move for him because Dak looks close to washed

Status
Not open for further replies.