Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Man….. I know it’s a lot and it’s disappointing and hurtful for Trey.

But I really hope his spirit and psyche isn’t broken.

I do hope he can pick himself up and put it together no matter what happens the rest of this season.

Straight up

Facts

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
The whole "Trey is third string" shyt just unbelievably dumb

Everyone know Brock the starter if healthy. So just name Trey the backup and you avoid all this. If Brock go down for any extended period and Trey struggles, then bench him. But you don't even got to have this conversation right now

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
This ain't the team for light-brown QBs; clearly.

This team out here self-sabotaging like a motherfukker. This literally is only happening because they want to ensure Brock's confidence... but like... why? Brock has shown he doesn't need it. Mans came in off the end of the bench last year - but they won't even let him deal with a little competition? Enough to not torpedo your 1st rounder to the point of not even giving him play time while decrying his lack of play time as his major negative?

Why was Darnold in there that long last game? For what? Who was helped by giving him additional reps? Whom?

Then they send Trey in there, he actually pulls them back, but they still... decide developing the kicker's confidence is more important than letting him go and try and win a game?

That tells me they don't give a fukk about him; clearly. Which makes me wonder what the fukking point of getting him was at all. All they did was fukk up his development by a few years if not entirely... to... fiddle-fukk around?

Between that and the weird way Kyle treats the young receivers... I'm wondering if dude has any business being a team leader at all. Be an offensive mastermind; fine. But... he's not someone to rally around by all appearances. Dude has sounded more and more scummy as the years go by with how he engages with people. There's no joviality behind his eyes anymore. He seems defeated.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
This is VERY possible (God I hope not) but you don't go last in the draft as a white QB for nothing.

And if the clock strikes 12 on Brock.....fukkin Sam Darnold :snoop:

Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. Yeah, obviously Brock Purdy isn't gonna be Tom Brady but you really think these GMs have a clue about QBs?

Some of the plays Purdy made last year with his feet to extend the play is more than I've seen out of other high draft picks like Mac Jones etc..

QB is THE hardest position to draft in all of sports.

calh45

Cal
Daps
I feel you but if Lynch didn’t have a HC like Kyle he might already be gone. Maybe I still have PTSD from the way we lost Harbs but good coaches age hard to come by and I’m not eager to go back to the dark ages. People like you and @jwonder and others bring up good points but damn we’ve been to the NFC title game three outta the last four years. Kyle ain’t perfect but we could’ve won it all the last two years if we didn’t have our QBs breaking down in the conference title games.

I really think were one Rashaun Woods away from winning it all this year

We've been fortunate that the NFC hasn't been the arm's race that the AFC has been, so we could always be a puncher's chance away, but with Philly and Hurts the arm's race is here now. Compare Philly's draft to ours. Compare Seattle's draft to ours. Compare Dallas' draft to ours. The margin of error we had in the past few years is gone now.

We're in an interesting level of purgatory that I think is pretty unique in the NFL. Our roster overall is pretty fukkin good. If our QB plays at a C+ level consistently we'll probably end up in the NFC championship game, but he'll need to be B+ at worst to beat Philly and A++ to beat Pat or Joe or Josh or maybe Lamar in the SB. Our coach is petulant, but he's top 3rd as a coach at worst. Our team is young enough that if Brock does shyt the bed this year we can definitely replace him next season and not lose too much, but Lynch can't draft QBs for shyt and Kyle has shown he'll go scorched earth if he doesn't believe in the pick. Arizona Cardinals fans would take all of this in a heartbeat, but we had Montana and Young and Walsh and Seifert. You can call it spoiled, but it is what it is.

:manny:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
The whole "Trey is third string" shyt just unbelievably dumb

Everyone know Brock the starter if healthy. So just name Trey the backup and you avoid all this. If Brock go down for any extended period and Trey struggles, then bench him. But you don't even got to have this conversation right now

That’s my feel on how they should’ve handled it. I’d rather them roll with Trey at QB2 if Brock went down and I wouldn’t even blame them on keeping a short leash on him if say he went 0-2/3 and played absolutely abysmal.

Also this gonna put EXTRA unnecessary pressure on Darnold too. Cuz if he has to come in, people are already torn badly against him so ANYTHING bad by him the scrutiny is gonna be epic. He will get boo’d for everything bad pass, every turnover, every 3 and out.

Where with Trey, I believe the fanbase would’ve had more patience and grace.

Any struggle from Sam will have everyone losing faith in Kyle and have everyone calling for Trey and the question now is “will it be too late?”

Like is he now checked out

This was just played so foolishly

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
That’s my feel on how they should’ve handled it. I’d rather them roll with Trey at QB2 if Brock went down and I wouldn’t even blame them on keeping a short leash on him if say he went 0-2/3 and played absolutely abysmal.

Also this gonna put EXTRA unnecessary pressure on Darnold too. Cuz if he has to come in, people are already torn badly against him so ANYTHING bad by him the scrutiny is gonna be epic. He will get boo’d for everything bad pass, every turnover, every 3 and out.

Where with Trey, I believe the fanbase would’ve had more patience.

Any struggle from him will have everyone losing faith in Kyle and have everyone calling for Trey and the question now is “will it be too late?”

Like is he now checked out

This was just played so foolishly

Other thing is, Darnold is TRASH :mjlol:

Say Brock get knocked out for the year first play of game one. I bet Trey is starting by game four, because Darnold will be garbage like he always been

Last edited:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What kills me is these dipshyt "Oh so you know more than the GM/HC?" I know not to trade 3 1sts for a project who played 12 games in College. :wtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.