Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Ummm....last preseason game? Why give Darnold all those damn snaps?
Give Trey all of Darnold's reps in the last preseason game, it's not enough to change the facts on the ground. Sam is running the offense better than Trey. Best case scenario for Trey is that he's QB2 and hoping Brock gets injured, which isn't saving his career. They gave Darnold those snaps because he has the least experience in this offense, and after what happened last season, it would be malpractice for us to not treat the QB position like a meritocracy.

How about Year 1 when it was obvious Jimmy was on his way out?
We were a SB contending team, why would we throw that away to test out Trey? Jimmy was on his way out, but there was no rush, he was the best QB on a win-now roster.

Can't learn if you can't play? And the plays he was running for dude when he did play was borderline retarded. Kyle and Lynch are both bozos for this whole situation.
Kyle and Lynch are bozos because they bought a lemon and should have known better, but they did try and make it work. Trey was the undisputed QB1 rolling into his second year. Trey has never shown any success or potential in a non-QB run offense, so I don't blame Kyle for trying to replicate that and put him in a familiar offense.

• Dap
Reactions: dza

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Welp, I said on day 1 this trade was stupid. Fields could have been had and we could have traded down for him and gotten a player/picks.

That’s a trade you make for a franchise QB. Not a kid you plan on starting 4 games to sit behind me irrelevant and a bust. This is even worse than I had thought. You give up all that then basically destroy him. No trade value nothing. We still don’t know if he can amount to a great player.

CJBeathard got more of a shot.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Welp, I said on day 1 this trade was stupid. Fields could have been had and we could have traded down for him and gotten a player/picks.

That’s a trade you make for a franchise QB. Not a kid you plan on starting 4 games to sit behind me irrelevant and a bust. This is even worse than I had thought. You give up all that then basically destroy him. No trade value nothing. We still don’t know if he can amount to a great player.

CJBeathard got more of a shot.
and of course the ownership gonna give these clowns a pass.

PLAY THE MAN

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Give Trey all of Darnold's reps in the last preseason game, it's not enough to change the facts on the ground. Sam is running the offense better than Trey. Best case scenario for Trey is that he's QB2 and hoping Brock gets injured, which isn't saving his career. They gave Darnold those snaps because he has the least experience in this offense, and after what happened last season, it would be malpractice for us to not treat the QB position like a meritocracy.

We were a SB contending team, why would we throw that away to test out Trey? Jimmy was on his way out, but there was no rush, he was the best QB on a win-now roster.

Kyle and Lynch are bozos because they bought a lemon and should have known better, but they did try and make it work. Trey was the undisputed QB1 rolling into his second year. Trey has never shown any success or potential in a non-QB run offense, so I don't blame Kyle for trying to replicate that and put him in a familiar offense.

Cmon man.

King Kreole

Daps
Cmon man.
I'm genuinely curious. Kyle and Lynch aren't above criticism, but the ones I'm seeing don't make sense. You can look back at my posts, I thought Trey was going to be an MVP candidate last year. But facts are facts. I ask people what Kyle has done so terribly with Trey and it's that he didn't play him enough in a Week 2 preseason game for QB2 competition. Cmon.

• Dap

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Its almost why I'd just roll with him as the backup in case Purdy gets hurt/isnt the real deal. He's 23. Whats the rush. Darnold probably isnt THAT much better right now.

That's a SB roster. You'd want a backup who can compete if the starter was to get hurt. I would assume they wanted Trey to win the starting job just so they can justify giving up all the assets to draft him. He must really be THAT bad to lose out on the backup gig.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
@jwonder

You me, with out OG Red Gang Ally’s @Ishlibidish23 @Big dikk and others have raised a lot of hell and caused a lot of damage in the coliseum over the last few years.

But bruv

If we don’t fukking win this year

It’s time to got Ultra Last Emp in here.

We gonna get banned and the level of banned where there is no coming back from.

Straight up CONAN CREED

@Mike Wins if you don’t know (cuz you were newer but you with us too) I’m gonna tell you “WHAT IS BEST IN LIFE”

This is how we need to respond the day if it happens we are eliminated

I’m tired of this shyt man for real. I like Kyle but he probably needs to go after this season if we don’t win

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I'm genuinely curious. Kyle and Lynch aren't above criticism, but the ones I'm seeing don't make sense. You can look back at my posts, I thought Trey was going to be an MVP candidate last year. But facts are facts. I ask people what Kyle has done so terribly with Trey and it's that he didn't play him enough in a Week 2 preseason game for QB2 competition. Cmon.
Kyle didn't develop him right
- his playcalling got him hurt
- didn't give him reps this preseason as he should have
- gave up on him not over Brock, but Sam fukkin Darnold

King Kreole

Daps
Kyle didn't develop him right
- his playcalling got him hurt
- didn't give him reps this preseason as he should have
- gave up on him not over Brock, but Sam fukkin Darnold
I disagree on the playcalling point, but it's a defensible take.

But the preseason reps and losing out to Sam Darnold are on Trey. We really think if he was balling out in practice and looking elite they would put him behind Darnold? For what? QB2 isn't a joke position, it saved our season last year. Best QB wins and gets the reps so they can be ready to step in immediately. If Darnold is playing like the 2nd best QB on the roster, then he should be QB2. If anyone thinks that Trey has looked definitively better than Darnold this preseason, they should just say so.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

3 1st round picks vs end result. Sat for 1 season and injured the next. No longer in the plans before the start of week 1. I could understand if Darnild came in and was lights out. He hasn’t been at all. Shanny was really trying to help him last game. He’s played 60 games man. His chapter is over.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's a SB roster. You'd want a backup who can compete if the starter was to get hurt. I would assume they wanted Trey to win the starting job just so they can justify giving up all the assets to draft him. He must really be THAT bad to lose out on the backup gig.

Have you seen Darnold play?

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Thats the thing he wasnt bad. Both Purdy and Darnold were only slightly better in camp.

The thing to remember is Trey got hurt week 2 of the season. So he didnt even get a full year of practicing let alone the the games. The 49ers should have used some level of nuance like @JLova is saying.

Darnold should have easily cleared Trey in order to be the #2 QB. By midseason Trey would probably clear Darnold in practice instead of just being slightly worse.

King Kreole

Daps
3 1st round picks vs end result. Sat for 1 season and injured the next. No longer in the plans before the start of week 1. I could understand if Darnild came in and was lights out. He hasn’t been at all. Shanny was really trying to help him last game. He’s played 60 games man. His chapter is over.
Trey is definitely a stain on Shanny's resume, but the problem was drafting him, not things they did or didn't do after he was drafted.

Darnold is competing for QB2, and has looked fine in that role and in this offense. If he was lights out he would be pushing for Brock's job. Alex Smith played around the same amount of games looking like a bum before having his career revived in the right offense. Sam's chapter might be over, but he's playing the position better than Trey right now, which is why he's QB2 over Trey right now.

• Dap

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I play about Do It Jerruh alot but Jerruh needs to get Lance and plan not paying Dak and letting him bounce

Just sayin

Status
Not open for further replies.