Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Remember when everyone thought Shanny was gonna draft Mac? I mean it turns out that both of them ain't it. Drafting a QB is one of the hardest things to do in sports. That's not giving someone a "pass" it's just speaking facts.

But then they found a gem in Purdy in the 7th.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Kyle will get a pass
Maybe.. but then what...

Traded 3 first rounders, got rid of jimmy, MIGHT get rid of Trey...

Then goes out in a win now season and goes 8-9 or worse... And now we back looking for a QB but without picks

2024 will be the hottest of seats

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
He was a dual threat(I'm a Texas fan) with over 1100 yards rushing 🤔
Yeah, over his whole 4 year career. Trey had that in one. Most rushing yards Brock had in a season was 382. We really trying to say Brock was as dual threat as Trey Lance in college? :comeon:

Brock is "sneaky athletic" like Mahomes. Trey was a legitimate dual-threat QB.

King Kreole

Daps
FCS college linemen are not NFL linemen. Especially plays up the gut like he was running
Exactly. Trey has never looked good against NFL-caliber talent. Which is why I don't get why people are acting like he's secret Mahomes. It's far more likely that Trey just doesn't have it than Kyle Shanahan is sabotaging Trey and purposely putting a stain on his own career for some reason.

• Dap
Reactions: dza

King Kreole

Daps
Trey would succeed anyplace but here.
Most QB friendly offense in the league. He's been on the trade block the whole offseason and no teams have sent a legit offer. Two NFL head coaches who were in the building when he was drafted don't have star QBs on their roster yet aren't trading for him. :francis:

• Dap
Reactions: dza

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's an almost unforgivable sin, especially looking at the players drafted right after him. Like fukk me, tell me we couldn't use Parsons or Surtain or Chase or Sewell :bryan:

And folk asking why I'm mad. I'm mad because 1st round picks are like Gold and this team will lose some good players to free agency. We could keep the party going with those 3 1st rounders. Now we drafting kickers in the 3rd round.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Maybe.. but then what...

Traded 3 first rounders, got rid of jimmy, MIGHT get rid of Trey...

Then goes out in a win now season and goes 8-9 or worse... And now we back looking for a QB but without picks

2024 will be the hottest of seats

Go 8-9 with Brock and Darnold, Trey is ruined and you lost 3 1st rounders and now trying to trade for Mac Jones. :heh:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
It's an almost unforgivable sin, especially looking at the players drafted right after him. Like fukk me, tell me we couldn't use Parsons or Surtain or Chase or Sewell :bryan:
It's easy to clown them with all those names but it's not a realistic scenario. 9ers don't trade up the way they did unless it's for a QB, so in this non-Lance outcome they likely stay put at 12 and end up with either Slater or Vera-Tucker.

Either one would obviously help more, and they'd still have the 1s from 21 & 22 (both became #29 overall) but the graphics showing the 10 players after Trey is disingenuous as fukk :pachaha:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Remember when everyone thought Shanny was gonna draft Mac? I mean it turns out that both of them ain't it. Drafting a QB is one of the hardest things to do in sports. That's not giving someone a "pass" it's just speaking facts.

But then they found a gem in Purdy in the 7th.

They drafted a QB who played 1 full season in College. Enough to trade 3 1st round picks when there was a better player in that class later in the 1st. I'm sorry but this wasn't a "OMG, how can you blame them" type pick. It was retarded given how they treated the player afterwards. Completely disgusting

Status
Not open for further replies.