Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
I'd take Jimmy over Darnold every day

Was never a Jimmy hater just no faith in his health
Darnold’s arm and mobility is better than Jimmy. Peak Jimmy was a better QB but they both suffer from boneheaded decision-making. Darnold probably makes that SB throw to Sanders.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Darnold’s arm and mobility is better than Jimmy. Peak Jimmy was a better QB but they both suffer from boneheaded decision-making. Darnold probably makes that SB throw to Sanders.

Darnold don’t even get to the Superbowl though….

Niners would’ve been 6-10

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Lets cut the bullshyt... Purdy gonna stink this shyt up and Trey will be in by week 8.. white america really acting like this his third season of top level play when it's literally his 9th game, the league had no tape on him, he had a major injury and hasn't played a real game since january... All while never being good in the first place, hence getting picked last

I think Kyle knows it too but he gotta appease the stans

Look I like Trey and want him to succeed but Brock Purdy's numbers weren't just pretty good, they were maybe a notch down from elite. He threw 17 TDs and only 4 INTs, made George Kittle relevant again, and won every game he started until he hurt his arm. He has at minimum earned the starting spot. If Trey wants to start he is going to have to show massive improvement because as it stands right now he may not even be QB2 over Sam Darnold. I get it it's not fair but he was the #3 pick and the 49ers pissed away a lot of picks to get him.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

Aside from health and athleticism, Jimmy is a better QB in every single way. Darnold would have thrown us out of games. He has multiple 2 and 3 interception games on his resume.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Trey should have been given reps. You can't develop without playing time. Look at Anthony Richardson. Trey shouldve started over Jimmy in 2021.

Agree with this tbh :yeshrug:

:russ:

I can't believe folks got sucked into this again this pre-season. The worst thing to happen to Lance's career, besides Shanny tanking him, is the draft picks that were traded for him. Sam Darnold shouldn't be given this many chances against 3rd teamers when Lance barely got a chance to start his career.

If this is how it's already going they should've traded Lance and let him get a fresh start elsewhere. I'm tired of looking at Kyle's coaching malpractice with him......and just so everyone knows Brock has a good chance of having a sophomore slump. They had an offseason of tape on him to learn.
Trey lack of experience catches up with him.

However, seeing that Papa shyt makes me sick. It makes you realize just how much the 49ers failed Trey Lance even with his issues. There was no damn reason for the 49ers to get Darnold. Why have Trey battling with Sam Darnold at all?

So not only did they fail at developing him to be the starter. Cause he should have been the starter week 1 in 2021 (I've documented that Trey has issues running in the pros/getting hurt. However, I think he could have figured it sooner than later)

But now you depreciate his value by making him battle Darnold. Trey by most account slightly outplayed Darnold in camp, realistically they could have made sure Trey got all the reps IN CASE Brock isnt the real deal.

We know what Darnold is. He's going to get the jitters and fukk up if/when he plays.

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps

Stronger arm and more athletic is all he got. His accuracy is ass. He completed less than 60% in 4 of 5 seasons, that's near impossible in the this era. And his YPA been near the bottom of the league almost every year too. Meaning not only is his accuracy ass, he not even pushing the ball down the field

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Look I like Trey and want him to succeed but Brock Purdy's numbers weren't just pretty good, they were maybe a notch down from elite. He threw 17 TDs and only 4 INTs, made George Kittle relevant again, and won every game he started until he hurt his arm. He has at minimum earned the starting spot. If Trey wants to start he is going to have to show massive improvement because as it stands right now he may not even be QB2 over Sam Darnold. I get it it's not fair but he was the #3 pick and the 49ers pissed away a lot of picks to get him.

Right!!!

Purdy last year was basically Jimmy’s 2017 season, if we would had wins 6-7 of the 9 games we lost :lolbron:

But enough about that @feelosofer you signed an NDA to be Purdy Boi:mjgrin:

Purdy definitely earned the spot…. But I don’t believe we should get rid of Trey….. let him stay and with the contract…..

Hell, even potentially resign him

calh45

Cal
Daps
This idea that Shanny is purposefully tanking Trey Lance is Grant Cohn level nonsense conspiracy thinking.

Like why? What does Shanny get by having a spectacular failure on his resume? Tanking implies that Trey showcased elite play that he is now being held back from displaying, so when did he show us this elite play? Or is every bust tanked by their coach? Did DeMeco tank Kinlaw? :heh:

If you can genuinely remember the offense at the beginning of last season vs how it changed when Trey got hurt and can't see the difference between how he set up Purdy/Jimmy for success then we don't have to do a back and forth on this.

In Chicago Trey had 28 passing attempts while also being the team's leading rusher. It was the season opener AND a bad weather game where all of our reasonably talented RBs/Deebo were very healthy so it should've been a RB heavy/quick throw game plan. How does that make any strategic sense to have Trey throw almost 30 passes and 13 run attempts when none of our RBs got into double digit carries?

He's never put Brock anywhere near that position nor Jimmy. Do you want to know his gameplan for Brock's first start against Miami? Quick passes and run heavy. They leaned on McCaffrey/Deebo with Purdy as he should've with Trey and Wilson/Mitchell/Deebo in the first game.......and also like he did with Jimmy and Wilson/Deebo in Seattle AFTER Trey got hurt.

It's not a conspiracy. Just say you can't see it. We see football different.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Stronger arm and more athletic is all he got. His accuracy is ass. He completed less than 60% in 4 of 5 seasons, that's near impossible in the this era. And his YPA been near the bottom of the league almost every year too. Meaning not only is his accuracy ass, he not even pushing the ball down the field
Shanny's training-wheels offense will compensate for a lot of those accuracy issues. It wasn't a full season, but Darnold had one of the highest YPA last year, more than Mahomes, Hurts, Purdy and Jimmy G. He can move the ball downfield. This would be by far the best, easiest offense he's ever played in. Only question would be if he can grasp Shanny's offense.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
If you can genuinely remember the offense at the beginning of last season vs how it changed when Trey got hurt and can't see the difference between how he set up Purdy/Jimmy for success then we don't have to do a back and forth on this.

In Chicago Trey had 28 passing attempts while also being the team's leading rusher. It was the season opener AND a bad weather game where all of our reasonably talented RBs/Deebo were very healthy so it should've been a RB heavy/quick throw game plan. How does that make any strategic sense to have Trey throw almost 30 passes and 13 run attempts when none of our RBs got into double digit carries?

He's never put Brock anywhere near that position nor Jimmy. Do you want to know his gameplan for Brock's first start against Miami? Quick passes and run heavy. They leaned on McCaffrey/Deebo with Purdy as he should've with Trey and Wilson/Mitchell/Deebo in the first game.......and also like he did with Jimmy and Wilson/Deebo in Seattle AFTER Trey got hurt.

It's not a conspiracy. Just say you can't see it. We see football different.
Elijah mitchell got hurt in like the 1st quarter of the Bears game.

Status
Not open for further replies.