Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Moore gave up a few pressures on the left but he was way better than McKivitz. I'd even go so far as to say he might need to get a shot on the right. The one sack the Vikes had came up the middle, I believe it was a stunt.
It was a stunt and as soon as that rusher made that move it was obvious that McKivitz was gonna get embarrassed. I remember seeing it an immediately going "oh fukk". He even pushed the guy towards Brock :dead:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
We lost our margin of error for the season. Next week are the Bengals after a bye. That's not going to be easier than this game.

I don't see all of the issues being corrected by this week so it would not shock me in the least to be 5-3 heading into the bye. Homefield advantage is probably already gone because I don't see any of the trash in the NFC East beating the Eagles in any division game.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I don't see all of the issues being corrected by this week so it would not shock me in the least to be 5-3 heading into the bye. Homefield advantage is probably already gone because I don't see any of the trash in the NFC East beating the Eagles in any division game.
I think Kyle should be able to come up with a more balanced game plan but we'll see if Wilks has what it takes. One thing DeMeco was outstanding at was adjusting, either during a half or one week to the other when we didn't look good. Saleh took more time than DeMeco but he still ended up figuring shyt out.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Before this game I said I had concerns about Purdy getting caught up by the NFL DCs. For me, the Arizona game raised an eyebrow, last week was a concern, and tonight is officially a trend.

I don't completely put it on Purdy because his ceiling is a to be a B- minus QB, but we've officially hit the limit of what this offense can do with the current version of himself. Kyle needs to get into the kitchen and change how he does this going forward if this is his preferred guy.

We lost our margin of error for the season. Next week are the Bengals after a bye. That's not going to be easier than this game.
Arizona game tho? The one where Brock had one incompletion? I think the Rams game was more concerning in terms of not hitting the throws.

They getting too happy with anticipation throws and those post plays. Barely seen screens to CMC today and one time they dialed it he went for a td.

Like @Jmare007 said Brock needs to cut off the heroball bullshytbfrom college. His arm talent is not good enough to get away with those type of throws.

I'm really worried this team got too finesse. Kyles got his toy who can throw with anticipation doesn't mean you need to spam it. I get that Vikes led for most of the game but game was waaay too passs heavy. Mason got zero burn. We used to bully these Vikings running the ball down their throat. Used to have YAC galore.

But yeah teams have definitely been looking at Purdys film. If he fails to adjust hell come crashing down to earth.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Burrow can barely move. At home we should be able to handle the Bungals.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Burrow can barely move. At home we should be able to handle the Bungals.
Here's the thing. Burrow doesn't have to move to throw to Chase down the sideline. I remember Mooney Ward getting shat on by Chase when he was in KC :sadcam:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Here's the thing. Burrow doesn't have to move to throw to Chase down the sideline. I remember Mooney Ward getting shat on by Chase when he was in KC :sadcam:

He was looking better his last time out. He's also had more rest.

I still think we'll be OK at home. I haven't watched any Bengals this year besides highlights though.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Arizona game tho? The one where Brock had one incompletion? I think the Rams game was more concerning in terms of not hitting the throws.

They getting too happy with anticipation throws and those post plays. Barely seen screens to CMC today and one time they dialed it he went for a td.

Like @Jmare007 said Brock needs to cut off the heroball bullshytbfrom college. His arm talent is not good enough to get away with those type of throws.

I'm really worried this team got too finesse. Kyles got his toy who can throw with anticipation doesn't mean you need to spam it. I get that Vikes led for most of the game but game was waaay too passs heavy. Mason got zero burn. We used to bully these Vikings running the ball down their throat. Used to have YAC galore.

But yeah teams have definitely been looking at Purdys film. If he fails to adjust hell come crashing down to earth.

Yep. It was the Rams game. I had the wires crossed. The defense I was annoyed with during the Cards game for 3 quarters.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Bengals finna feast on the dwindling 9ers next week, whole NFL smelled blood :scust:

Go worry about DK's temper problem and Geno's turnover issues. We'll still be in first place in the division because y'all ain't beating the Ravens or Cleveland with Geno being loose with the ball and DK trying to fight anything breathing on the field.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Before this game I said I had concerns about Purdy getting caught up by the NFL DCs. For me, the Arizona game raised an eyebrow, last week was a concern, and tonight is officially a trend.

I don't completely put it on Purdy because his ceiling is a to be a B- minus QB, but we've officially hit the limit of what this offense can do with the current version of himself. Kyle needs to get into the kitchen and change how he does this going forward if this is his preferred guy.

Yeah but ask yourself this. Did the defense force those turnovers and bad throws? Last week Purdy was not sharp but that defense was wayyy better than the Minnesota's, this week he was good until late and those 2 turnovers were completely on Brock. He kinda reminds me of a location pitcher. Every once in a while the control ain't there and they'll look like shyt but when he can hit his spots it's a long night for the batter. He was on point until late.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Yeah but ask yourself this. Did the defense force those turnovers and bad throws? Last week Purdy was not sharp but that defense was wayyy better than the Minnesota's, this week he was good until late and those 2 turnovers were completely on Brock. He kinda reminds me of a location pitcher. Every once in a while the control ain't there and they'll look like shyt but when he can hit his spots it's a long night for the batter. He was on point until late.
I'm not really mad about the first pick that much. It's a throw to a spot and while the throw was off Jennings also messed up.

The second one tho... I know they had like thirty seconds and forty yards to go...but I swear I heard "but why even ponder passing" in the back of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.