Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Is it really about talent though? I think this DLine should play MUCH better with the players we already have. Not sure adding 1 more rusher is gonna change much. Can 1 dude make that much of a difference or is our problem more about coaching and just playmakers doing what they are supposed to?

We should but the ends aren't getting pressure and if there's somebody out there we can get to fix it then we should IMO.

A couple of plays really flipped this game, the fumble and that long TD we gave up at the end of the 1st half along with the missed field goal. The 1st pick was bad but not a knife in the chest, second one was but there's a lot we can clean up. Purdy will be fine, he still only has less than a full season under his belt, and I still expect him to make mistakes but better to do it now rather than later on in the season.

Not really worried about the offense right now, Purdy gotta be able to move on and let this be his worst game, defenses are geared to stop CMC now and we really missed Deebo and Trent(with the run) this game. Deebo would have ate in a game like this one, and also Minnesota did not let Aiyuk get loose in the second half. Even then, we still had a shot to win and Purdy threw a terrible pick at the end.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

Kyle with the :ufdup:

I'm sure Wilks will say that the call should've lead to a pick by Ward but like @yseJ and @Heretic said, it was a needless gamble that put us 16-7 instead of 10-7 with us getting the ball after the half.

If you wanna argue that the mistakes they've made have made the offense look more pedestrian I agree with that but I don't buy that defenses have somehow adjusted to the team and now we won't be able to move the ball. They still have the pieces to be a top 3 offense in the league.
I never even implied that :dwillhuh: taking some of what @Bigb41513 said, we haven't looked like we know what to do when things aren't perfect and that makes it very, very hard to win ugly games. And we used to be pretty damn good at those ugly games. I hope this is enough of a slap in the face to wake us up to the fact that perfect execution on offense wont happen every game and we gotta have more tools in our bag to react when things are more messy/uglier.

Bigb41513

I ain’t lying we real San Francisco giants
Daps
Reppin
Bay area
What's a Niner level QB? We haven't had a Hall of Fame QB since Young. Jeff Garcia was a decent QB but that's where I'd place him, he wasn't great. Alex Smith was a game manager at best. Kaepernick was a playmaker but by no means an elite QB. Jimmy G was another game manager. Now we have Brock.
All of them besides Jimmy better then brock. And a lot of people wouldn’t even say he’s better than Jimmy lol. Alex smith with the right coaching is better than Brock. Brock can get better and he needs to.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
All of them besides Jimmy better then brock. And a lot of people wouldn’t even say he’s better than Jimmy lol. Alex smith with the right coaching is better than Brock. Brock can get better and he needs to.

Brock is definitely better than Jimmy and Purdy actually reminds me a lot of Garcia, but let's not forget, Garcia had Owens as his number 1. We don't have that. We do have 2 good receivers but not a T.O.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

Kyle with the :ufdup:

I'm sure Wilks will say that the call should've lead to a pick by Ward but like @yseJ and @Heretic said, it was a needless gamble that put us 16-7 instead of 10-7 with us getting the ball after the half.

I never even implied that :dwillhuh: taking some of what @Bigb41513 said, we haven't looked like we know what to do when things aren't perfect and that makes it very, very hard to win ugly games. And we used to be pretty damn good at those ugly games. I hope this is enough of a slap in the face to wake us up to the fact that perfect execution on offense wont happen every game and we gotta have more tools in our bag to react when things are more messy/uglier.

The worst thing about the whole Wilks shyt is that Wilks is known for these kind of blitzes, that's what every fanbase who had him told Niner content creators. He's pretty blitz happy and sometimes it really bites his teams.

The problem of course is that we never had such consistent issues to get pressure with four. We'd have no pressure for a stretch of the game and Saleh/Demeco would figure it out. And when they'd very rarely blitz most of the time it'd pay off.

Now we blitzing a ton and can't seem to disguise it as well although it was better in second half when everyone would stack the line and then bail at last second.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Alex Smith was a disaster for years and then he finally reached "Mid NFL QB" status before losing his job to Kaepernick and then losing his job to Mahomes after that.

Jimmy G is leading the league in interceptions right now as I type this.

If the league has "caught up to Purdy" then cool but I think I'll wait another few games at least before I bury him.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
We should but the ends aren't getting pressure and if there's somebody out there we can get to fix it then we should IMO.

A couple of plays really flipped this game, the fumble and that long TD we gave up at the end of the 1st half along with the missed field goal. The 1st pick was bad but not a knife in the chest, second one was but there's a lot we can clean up. Purdy will be fine, he still only has less than a full season under his belt, and I still expect him to make mistakes but better to do it now rather than later on in the season.

Not really worried about the offense right now, Purdy gotta be able to move on and let this be his worst game, defenses are geared to stop CMC now and we really missed Deebo and Trent(with the run) this game. Deebo would have ate in a game like this one, and also Minnesota did not let Aiyuk get loose in the second half. Even then, we still had a shot to win and Purdy threw a terrible pick at the end.
I guess my thing is that getting one more pass rusher might not make a difference because he might end up doing exactly the same as Jackson, Bosa and Gregory. I think the issue might be deeper than talent.

Regarding Brock. You are right, but I'm seeing glimpses of him trying to do too much in terrible moments and that was one thing he had showed he had improved greatly from his college days. Him slipping back to those terrible habits -granted, in very few throws, but he wasn't doing that before- is not an encouraging sign. Him and the coaching gonna have to clean that shyt up, I don't wanna see him try to throw an incomplete pass while he's getting tackled just to avoid a sack. And I don't wanna see him scramble and throw it across his body to the middle of the field (the pass that Aiyuk almost caught tonight and the INT).

These are the things he needs to improve upon, not go back to :heh:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If theres any silver lining here is that Jaylon Moore was nowhere as bad as I thought he'd be. McKivitz had a worse game, although he didn't get the help Jaylon would get.
how long is trent out? might as well give moore a shot at rt when he returns

• Dap
Reactions: dza

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
If theres any silver lining here is that Jaylon Moore was nowhere as bad as I thought he'd be. McKivitz had a worse game, although he didn't get the help Jaylon would get.

Moore gave up a few pressures on the left but he was way better than McKivitz. I'd even go so far as to say he might need to get a shot on the right. The one sack the Vikes had came up the middle, I believe it was a stunt.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Media and people who were already skeptics will bury Brock. The team as a whole will be relegated to Lions/Dolphins/Ravens status. Everyone will now fast-forward to "Super Bowl Rematch" as the new talking point with Eagles and Chiefs.

This gives the team a chance to actually address all of the issues that have been there since the start of the season. It's a long season. Let's see what they do.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Can't be said enough, Bosa needs to step the fukk up too. He's been coasting along without criticism. Where is he? I'm watching Myles Garrett wreck games while being double teamed. They are paying Bosa to be a DPOY candidate. Time to show up.
I'm going to give MAGA Bosa till after the bye. He missed all training camp and no matter how much he worked out on his own, he wasn't getting the reps or coaching he should've gotten. I'm not excusing him being a average so far this season, but it was kinda predictable that holdout was going to affect his performance.

But Week 10 after a bye is more than enough to step it the fukk up and stop the bullshyt he's given us so far.

• Dap
Reactions: dza

calh45

Cal
Daps
Alex Smith was a disaster for years and then he finally reached "Mid NFL QB" status before losing his job to Kaepernick and then losing his job to Mahomes after that.

Jimmy G is leading the league in interceptions right now as I type this.

If the league has "caught up to Purdy" then cool but I think I'll wait another few games at least before I bury him.

Before this game I said I had concerns about Purdy getting caught up by the NFL DCs. For me, the Arizona game raised an eyebrow, last week was a concern, and tonight is officially a trend.

I don't completely put it on Purdy because his ceiling is a to be a B- minus QB, but we've officially hit the limit of what this offense can do with the current version of himself. Kyle needs to get into the kitchen and change how he does this going forward if this is his preferred guy.

We lost our margin of error for the season. Next week are the Bengals after a bye. That's not going to be easier than this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.