Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County

Kyle has never loved a QB like and as much as he’s loved Purdy

I think we finally got ourselves a franchise Quarterback that will be with us for a decade + brehs

And fukk we finally deserved one

It's definitely the system. To be fair it's a system he can play in for several teams in the NFL.

The 49ers made the NFL with the WCO. There are so many teams that have a variation of it. It's just those pass happy teams is where I don't think he would look as good

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Long read but these are my thoughts on how to break down Dallas' defense, I wanna know what some of the other brehs think.
I think the gameplan on offense will be very similar to last playoff game. Dallas D is all about turnovers and wreaking havoc with parsons and that dline on pass downs. We will try to run the ball, I agree about Deebo/CMC backfields where one or the other will be shifted in/out to the slot. A lot of short quick passes. Dallas D did really well in playoffs to stay disciplined, not to fall for misdirections, they blew up a screen or two in that game. I expect a pretty conservative gameplan. Some content creator said they need to outlast the cowboys and just wait for a Dak mistake when hes pressured. And I kinda agree. Cant get too greedy, just be efficient and conservative and not get bogged down in third and medium and longs too much.

I dont think we will see Purdy dropping back and just slinging it like this last game or in the Rams game. Dallas will bring pressure. He will have to navigate the pocket.

Agreed on CMC running at Parsons, this is what Andy Reid did to Bosa last year...and this is what Zona did to Micah too.

Main weakness of Dallas is the linebackers on the second level, they just need to get CMC and Deebo to the second level...which is easier said than done.

Also...speed is one of assets of this Dallas D. They close distance fast.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
What Deebo does for the offense is far more than just what shows up in the stat sheet, he's a prime part of the heart and soul of our entire smack-em-in-the-mouth offensive philosophy. Like, he's one of the nastiest YAC monsters in NFL history and gives our offense juice. I'm not saying that's enough to keep him here at any cost, but you can't just replace that with Ronnie Bell or any other normal receiver.

Like this shyt is not normal

Yeah, I don't see the need to trade Deebo right now, at all. If dude is healthy for the playoffs he's gonna be problem to any defense at that stage of the year.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
That said, I’m rooting for our team to stay healthy more than anything. If we’re healthy heading into the playoffs then we’re good to go. I haven’t seen this offense look this good ever. I started watching at the very end of Steve Young’s career and the best I ever remember was a childhood memory of him and the Garcia era. This is something else though. If our pass rush steps it up we can legit make a run
This is were I'm at too. My main concern with this team is losing a playmaker that can't be replaced come playoff time. Even if Purdy looks like shyt against Dallas this time around, I'd take it as a learning experience and move on from that. Same if the defense can't stop Pollard and let Dak do his thing for once against us. As long as no one is lost for the season, I'm pretty positive about our chances, which is not something I would've guessed before Week 1, at all.

McKivitz being such an obvious weakness scares me to death to be honest, so many bad things can happen because of the right side of OL :damn:

Last edited:

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I think the gameplan on offense will be very similar to last playoff game. Dallas D is all about turnovers and wreaking havoc with parsons and that dline on pass downs. We will try to run the ball, I agree about Deebo/CMC backfields where one or the other will be shifted in/out to the slot. A lot of short quick passes. Dallas D did really well in playoffs to stay disciplined, not to fall for misdirections, they blew up a screen or two in that game. I expect a pretty conservative gameplan. Some content creator said they need to outlast the cowboys and just wait for a Dak mistake when hes pressured. And I kinda agree. Cant get too greedy, just be efficient and conservative and not get bogged down in third and medium and longs too much.

I dont think we will see Purdy dropping back and just slinging it like this last game or in the Rams game. Dallas will bring pressure. He will have to navigate the pocket.

Agreed on CMC running at Parsons, this is what Andy Reid did to Bosa last year...and this is what Zona did to Micah too.

Main weakness of Dallas is the linebackers on the second level, they just need to get CMC and Deebo to the second level...which is easier said than done.

Also...speed is one of assets of this Dallas D. They close distance fast.

Good shyt. I think you're pretty spot on

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
aiyuk has been balling out. how big of a contract do you think he's gonna ask for :lupe:

i hope bosa's slow start is because he missed training camp. his brother got paid and then fell off immediately so would suck if the same happens with nick.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
aiyuk has been balling out. how big of a contract do you think he's gonna ask for :lupe:

i hope bosa's slow start is because he missed training camp. his brother got paid and then fell off immediately so would suck if the same happens with nick.

I would say roughly 18-20 mil per. Bosa's getting close, I think part of it is training camp but also he sees a ton of double and triple teams. And on the plays where he almost gets there reminds me of his rookie year. He rounded into shape towards the end and that was a holdout year too.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
I would say roughly 18-20 mil per. Bosa's getting close, I think part of it is training camp but also he sees a ton of double and triple teams. And on the plays where he almost gets there reminds me of his rookie year. He rounded into shape towards the end and that was a holdout year too.
Yes Bosa has been getting triple teamed. shyt is crazy. Hargraves playing inside has been impressive. Drake Jackson not so much. PAC 12 Bum should be eaten with those two on the D line. :unimpressed:

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

With the cap rising, Aiyuk’s getting at least $20M per. And it might be closer to $25M if he makes the Pro Bowl. I bet Lynch lowkey hopes that don’t happen :heh:

Bosa’s sacks haven’t been there but he’s been getting some good pressure. Besides getting double and triple teamed, QBs are also making it a point to get the ball out quick against us. But it hasn’t been translating to more points for them yet since the defense is only allowing 15 points a game so far

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Yea Deebo is not going anywhere if we can help it. He is an excellent blocker and he is willing to do the dirty work in between plays. He does a lot that doesn't show up in stats and he is actually more valuable in the playoffs.

I do think we should shop Danny Gray. No knock against him. I just think we are so loaded at receiver he just feels like a luxury piece. Kyle's system makes it so that we can find productive receivers even in the 5th round or later. He was really drafted with the idea that Trey Lance eas going to be a starter.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
IIRC Nick Bosa is being triple teamed and he still leads the league in QB pressures. Basically he cannot be blocked 1 on 1. I still remember the raiders game last when he lifted up the left tackle and threw him at the QB. Dude isn't even all the way in shape yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.