Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
They like to play single high which is one deep safety and play the other low which could either be a slot or just an 8th man in the box. They did it a lot last year and it worked for the most part but our offense is a little better suited to work against it this year. It's basically supposed to take away what we like to do best which is work the middle of the field but it also hurts defenses in the run game contrary to popular belief. Because you basically start with a man out of position either to the weak or strong side. Makes it easier to combo block to the side you're running to which is what we do best.
it's unfortunate that the Danny Grey thing hasn't seemed to work out, for this reason as well. Being able to pull that single high on help is big, but being able to do it on both sides of the field with Aiyuk as well, compounded by the amount of pre-snap motion the team does... it could have either forced them to give up big plays or forced them out of that coverage more often just to protect themselves.

Deebo just doesn't have that speed, Kittle's gonna be needed to keep Brock alive with McKivitz being on the right, CMC prolly going to be focus of that safety all day... I think the plays would be there because Dallas wouldn't respect Purdy's deep ball. Without Diggs out there I think Aiyuk is going ankle-reaping on the Dallas secondary, and if that single high safety were already occupied keeping on the other side of the field, it'd be a big day. We just... don't have that speed.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Well looks like Aiyuk is Purdy main guy. I don't know how they keep both. That Bosa deal got a few players gone. :francis:
tbh... I think the team is better with Aiyuk than Deebo, at this moment.

Deebo's skillset was made redundant with the CMC acquisition. They're functionally the same player. And I think Ronnie Bell will be able to shore up that tweener role in the WR core probably by the end of TC next season. But Aiyuk has shown up and shown out; cuz been hungry since he came in, in spite of Kyle's dumbass 'tough love' nonsense, and has shown he can produce when not the first option. This season, he's probably Purdy's 1B behind CMC and he's looking like a top-10~ wideout as a result.

I worry that if you let Aiyuk walk and he goes somewhere with a good QB without enough weapons and he can be the focus, he'll make us regret the decision. Aiyuk to Houston with DeMeco and Stroud? :whoo:
I think that regret is less likely to happen with Deebo if we traded him elsewhere.

Love to have him here and want him featured more, just to see if the weight loss and recommitment did anything noticeable, but... I think BA is our best WR. And I don't know if Deebo is our best 'Offensive Weapon'/WR-RB hybrid anymore.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
it's unfortunate that the Danny Grey thing hasn't seemed to work out, for this reason as well. Being able to pull that single high on help is big, but being able to do it on both sides of the field with Aiyuk as well, compounded by the amount of pre-snap motion the team does... it could have either forced them to give up big plays or forced them out of that coverage more often just to protect themselves.

Deebo just doesn't have that speed, Kittle's gonna be needed to keep Brock alive with McKivitz being on the right, CMC prolly going to be focus of that safety all day... I think the plays would be there because Dallas wouldn't respect Purdy's deep ball. Without Diggs out there I think Aiyuk is going ankle-reaping on the Dallas secondary, and if that single high safety were already occupied keeping on the other side of the field, it'd be a big day. We just... don't have that speed.

I'll expand on this in a minute after my meeting but I got some ideas on how to beat it with what we have.

Edit: so the single high would be attacked pretty much like we attacked Pittsburgh. Screens and power runs can neutralize it. I think Deebo will have a big game against them especially if we screen towards the safety side because it leaves him one on one with either Kittle or a pulling guard. Eventually the 2 man set will take him out of the play all together and he's gotta commit to the slot or the run and play action over the top will be open all game. I also expect to see a lot of Deebo and CMC in the backfield together, they have to pick a poison there. I think what we'll do is send a lot of runs straight at the safety and play action right at Parsons because he's good at rushing the passer and average or just above average at run support. He's not going to be a big threat. I expect to see more of Aiyuk in the slot to neutralize that nickel or safety or force them to play the corner inside. If so that outside will kill them all game. If we force Parsons to play in space it's going to be a long day for the whole defense and leave a lot of opportunities for Deebo and Kittle. So basically what I think is they will use Parsons aggression against him. It's going to be run heavy and we will use quick passes to set them up to blitz to get pressure which will open up the middle of the field.

Our defense is probably going to give up a few yards but we disguise coverage pretty well and Dak hasn't shown the ability to handle exotic looks so I expect some delayed blitzes since he holds on the the ball and they like to run long developing plays. I expect a few deep shots and that will be up to our corners to stop but their only real shot is going to be to the outside. In the middle and up the seam we handle that very well.

Last edited:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
tbh... I think the team is better with Aiyuk than Deebo, at this moment.

Deebo's skillset was made redundant with the CMC acquisition. They're functionally the same player. And I think Ronnie Bell will be able to shore up that tweener role in the WR core probably by the end of TC next season. But Aiyuk has shown up and shown out; cuz been hungry since he came in, in spite of Kyle's dumbass 'tough love' nonsense, and has shown he can produce when not the first option. This season, he's probably Purdy's 1B behind CMC and he's looking like a top-10~ wideout as a result.

I worry that if you let Aiyuk walk and he goes somewhere with a good QB without enough weapons and he can be the focus, he'll make us regret the decision. Aiyuk to Houston with DeMeco and Stroud? :whoo:
I think that regret is less likely to happen with Deebo if we traded him elsewhere.

Love to have him here and want him featured more, just to see if the weight loss and recommitment did anything noticeable, but... I think BA is our best WR. And I don't know if Deebo is our best 'Offensive Weapon'/WR-RB hybrid anymore.
I mean I don't think Deebo or Aiyuk are these dominate receivers. They are good, but not great. Neither are on Chase, Jeffereson, Diggs, etc level. I never thought Deebo was a super star WR. shyt it wasn't until he started running the ball people started talking about him a lot. I was on board with trading him to the Jets for the 10th pick. I think the Niners was stupid not to do it.

But if a QB is showing more connection and has faith in WR, then you have to keep him. Not making skill comparisons because it's not even close. But that would be like taking Jerry away from Joe back in the day. They would have easily had let John Taylor walk if the salary cap existed back then.

Aiyuk has shed some of his PAC 12 Bumness and isn't dropping clutch passes like he did in the past. It's clear that he is a better route runner than Deebo. Ronnie Bell can easily replace Deebo. Shanny is an idiot and needs to include him more in the offense. I don't understand why he treats some players like it's college and sits them like it's their freshman year. Bell has shown enough to get a lot more burn.

Either way I don't see how they can keep both with the Bosa deal.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I'll expand on this in a minute after my meeting but I got some ideas on how to beat it with what we have.

Edit: so the single high would be attacked pretty much like we attacked Pittsburgh. Screens and power runs can neutralize it. I think Deebo will have a big game against them especially if we screen towards the safety side because it leaves him one on one with either Kittle or a pulling guard. Eventually the 2 man set will take him out of the play all together and he's gotta commit to the slot or the run and play action over the top will be open all game. I also expect to see a lot of Deebo and CMC in the backfield together, they have to pick a poison there. I think what we'll do is send a lot of runs straight at the safety and play action right at Parsons because he's good at rushing the passer and average or just above average at run support. He's not going to be a big threat. I expect to see more of Aiyuk in the slot to neutralize that nickel or safety or force them to play the corner inside. If so that outside will kill them all game. If we force Parsons to play in space it's going to be a long day for the whole defense and leave a lot of opportunities for Deebo and Kittle. So basically what I think is they will use Parsons aggression against him. It's going to be run heavy and we will use quick passes to set them up to blitz to get pressure which will open up the middle of the field.

Our defense is probably going to give up a few yards but we disguise coverage pretty well and Dak hasn't shown the ability to handle exotic looks so I expect some delayed blitzes since he holds on the the ball and they like to run long developing plays. I expect a few deep shots and that will be up to our corners to stop but their only real shot is going to be to the outside. In the middle and up the seam we handle that very well.

Long read but these are my thoughts on how to break down Dallas' defense, I wanna know what some of the other brehs think.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Ronnie Bell can easily replace Deebo.
What Deebo does for the offense is far more than just what shows up in the stat sheet, he's a prime part of the heart and soul of our entire smack-em-in-the-mouth offensive philosophy. Like, he's one of the nastiest YAC monsters in NFL history and gives our offense juice. I'm not saying that's enough to keep him here at any cost, but you can't just replace that with Ronnie Bell or any other normal receiver.

Like this shyt is not normal

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
What Deebo does for the offense is far more than just what shows up in the stat sheet, he's a prime part of the heart and soul of our entire smack-em-in-the-mouth offensive philosophy. Like, he's one of the nastiest YAC monsters in NFL history and gives our offense juice. I'm not saying that's enough to keep him here at any cost, but you can't just replace that with Ronnie Bell or any other normal receiver.

Like this shyt is not normal

@Novembruh pretty much made a valid point. We have CMC for that.

I'm speaking in terms of WR. Bell is also a better route runner than Deebo. We need a crisp route running WR more than a WR that can play RB.
WCO always was designed for YAC yardage. I mean pretty much all of the receivers get it. Deebo is just stronger. But it doesn't scream you have to keep him for that. I'm not seeing the chemistry between Deebo and Purdy like you see with Aiyuk.

Status
Not open for further replies.