Trade 3 Firsts and a 3rd for a 4th Brehs - Official 2023 San Francisco 49ers Season Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
On the first TD drive, Deebo and CMC both converted 3rd and longs after catching short passes :russ:

It really makes no sense how loaded this team is. Brock’s basically playing with The Avengers on offense :heh:
One of the reasons why they were able to convert those besides the obvious talent is because Giants were blitzing heavily and screens are often blitz beaters. That CMC screen to the right was heavily disguised and delayed.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
It’s fair to credit the offensive weapons.

And I know some want to cautiously praise Brock or say it’s all Dr Shanny

But just want to remind folks Mullins and Beathard had some pretty good weapons too.

I don’t feel Brock really needs to prove that much more.

And some may feel “well he needs to prove he can win a shootout or come from behind”

To which my only response is

I would hope our great defense won’t put us in too many situations where we are in shootouts

As well as make many clutch stops defense holds where we won’t have to have too many dramatic comebacks

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Brock obviously has to continue to play well and get better week after week.

But our championship hopes rest squarely on the shoulders of our defense.

And then when that happens…. And ONLY when.

My agenda will be to say IT WAS ALL BROCK and give him all the credit

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s fair to credit the offensive weapons.

And I know some want to cautiously praise Brock or say it’s all Dr Shanny

But just want to remind folks Mullins and Beathard had some pretty good weapons too.

I don’t feel Brock really needs to prove that much more.

And some may feel “well he needs to prove he can win a shootout or come from behind”

To which my only response is

I would hope our great defense won’t put us in too many situations where we are in shootouts

As well as make many clutch stops defense holds where we won’t have to have too many dramatic comebacks

Y’all underrate the importance of CMC.

Mullins and Beathard are inferior QBs but thry didn’t have the same offense. No one talked about the talent on offense back then like they do now. Cmon.

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Mullins and Beathard are inferior QBs but thry didn’t have the same offense. No one talked about the talent on offense back then like they do now. Cmon.
The CMC trade changed everything

I saw a stat the other day saying that he tied Jerry Rice’s team record for most consecutive games with a TD with 12. And he’s only been on the team for 16 games :heh:

I know everybody talks about Kyle using him too much but he’s got a HOF caliber player in his prime. Out of all the weapons on offense, CMC is the most important one

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

I saw a stat the other day saying that he tied Jerry Rice’s team record for most consecutive games with a TD with 12. And he’s only been on the team for 16 games :heh:

I know everybody talks about Kyle using him too much but he’s got a HOF caliber player in his prime. Out of all the weapons on offense, CMC is the most important one
We just worried he gonna ger injured and we can't use him when it matters most.Kyle tends to run players to the groumd and acts surprised when they get injured.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Keep him healthy. If he goes, it’s over.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin

Na…. I don’t underestimate his importance. But let’s not pretend we didn’t get really good production with Mostart and Breida for a bit

No they ain’t CMC, he definitely a special talent. But they ran the ball pretty well and we had lots of success.

They also had a prime Kittles…. Not saying he out his prime now…. But he lost in all the weapons.

I still think Kittles is better than Kelce but he had some injuries and he just not getting the same looks

Either way, not just any QB can run this offense and be successful

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Na…. I don’t underestimate his importance. But let’s not pretend we didn’t get really good production with Mostart and Breida for a bit

No they ain’t CMC, he definitely a special talent. But they ran the ball pretty well and we had lots of success.

They also had a prime Kittles…. Not saying he out his prime now…. But he lost in all the weapons.

I still think Kittles is better than Kelce but he had some injuries and he just not getting the same looks

Either way, not just any QB can run this offense and be successful

They ran the ball effectively, but it's night and day different with CMC. Not even close. Plus catching the ball out of the backfield. Dude is like Frank. He's an extra QB on the field. We didn't have consistency at the RB position as cats would always get injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.