Toys ‘R’ Us has declared bankruptcy

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
It's weird man. In Tucson there's a Toys R Us, but it's super dead. Its been open for like 25 years and I don't know how they do it.

In Wichita there's a Toys R Us that's busy every time I go in. No idea why :yeshrug:

Lol what? Walmart is the top employers in like 14 states. They are a blue chip stock with one of the best dividends in the Dow 30. They cater to an audience that doesn't give a shyt about online retail (seniors citizens & low income households). Walmart isn't going anywhere bruh.
Not in the immediate future, but as Amazon continues to expand their territory Walmart is going to feel the pressure.
Walmart has the opportunity to learn from the mistakes such as the one we saw with Blockbuster Video and embrace the online community.
Amazon understands the game more than anyone at this point. You need both a strong competitive strategy for online and brick and mortar.
If walmart continues to be complacent when it comes to online competition I see nothing but bad things in their future.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
To type this you have a disconnect from reality, especially in comparison to best buy.
At the end of the day its Wal-Mart selling to brick and morter and amazon online, with each one trying to enter the others marketplace.
On the fringe you have your boutiques and upscale experiences in Target, Costco, newegg, tigerdirect, and etc.
@Kamikaze Revy is right, Walmart is dying it just isn't as noticeable because they are the largest & subsequently last of the old guard to fall. Their cost of goods vs any online retailer (especially the bogeyman Amazon) is ridiculous. They're are spending a lot of money just to maintain, meanwhile Amazon can release, sell & deliver 100ks of product overnight to over 1 billion customers worldwide at negligible cost.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
@Kamikaze Revy is right, Walmart is dying it just isn't as noticeable because they are the largest & subsequently last of the old guard to fall. Their cost of goods vs any online retailer (especially the bogeyman Amazon) is ridiculous. They're are spending a lot of money just to maintain, meanwhile Amazon can release, sell & deliver 100ks of product overnight to over 1 billion customers worldwide at negligible cost.
You don't understand Wal-Mart's business model.
They are old guard of brick and morter, but they are in the same business and have the same degree of proficiency in the same field as Amazon, they are the only two companies in the world that are the masters of that level of logistics and moving products and they have it at two different spectrums, Amazon controls shipments, Walmart has shipments and it also is entirely integrated into each suppliers manufacturing network.

Wal-mart sells everything almost at a profit because they know exactly how and when their manufacturing produce, how much it costs to produce and how much it costs them to do business. They have an incredible supply chain integration and its the best in the world. They aren't spending money to stay ahead either, they simply compete in the market that Amazon is trying to get into with their purchase of Whole Foods.

Like I said before, do some reseach, read some business cases and look at the financials of Wal-Mart and its projections and the moves they are making. Do the same for Amazon, put some facts and documented knowledge behind your gut feeling or what you "think" is happening.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
You don't understand Wal-Mart's business model.
They are old guard of brick and morter, but they are in the same business and have the same degree of proficiency in the same field as Amazon, they are the only two companies in the world that are the masters of that level of logistics and moving products and they have it at two different spectrums, Amazon controls shipments, Walmart has shipments and it also is entirely integrated into each suppliers manufacturing network.
Walmart logistics fall short at the final mile, i.e getting it to the customer, Amazon has that mastered, to equate the two is disingenuous on your part.

Wal-mart sells everything almost at a profit because they know exactly how and when their manufacturing produce, how much it costs to produce and how much it costs them to do business. They have an incredible supply chain integration and its the best in the world. They aren't spending money to stay ahead either, they simply compete in the market that Amazon is trying to get into with their purchase of Whole Foods
They're profitable, I've never said other wise. Their cost of sales however relative to Amazon is not competitive nor sustainable. Margins are razor thin.
You don't seem to understand the Whole Foods purchase either, that's more of logistic play than getting into the archaic business of retail

Like I said before, do some reseach, read some business cases and look at the financials of Wal-Mart and its projections and the moves they are making. Do the same for Amazon, put some facts and documented knowledge behind your gut feeling or what you "think" is happening.

With all due take your own advice, you don't have a clue what you're talking about. College grade rationale of something that isn't that hard to grasp

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Walmart logistics fall short at the final mile, i.e getting it to the customer, Amazon has the mastered, to equate the two is disingenuous on your part.

They're profitable, I've never said other wise. Their cost of sales however relative to Amazon is not competitive nor sustainable. Margins are razor thin.
You don't seem to understand the Whole Foods purchase either, that's more of logistic play than getting into the archaic business of retail.

With all due respect take your own advice, you don't have a clue what you're talking about. College grade understanding of something that isn't that hard to grasp[/QUOTE]

They don't fall short at all, they can use the same infrastructure Amazon does, with less sunken cost. It different strategy not falling short and its interesting to see which one wins.
So to say I'm disingenous when I literally said they are two masters of logistics on different ends of the spectrum, makes no sense, and I can only think you are trying to use words you don't know the meaning of to save face for a reason I don't understand.

Their cost of sales is entirely sustainable, its part of their business plan. They keep their margins thin by design, it isn't accidental.
Whole foods is to enter into the B&M business for goods that need to be sold at the B&M level, groceries and perishable goods, a sector Wal-Mart and local grocery chains dominate in. Its entirely understandable and makes sense.
Same token Wal-Mart is acquiring digital media content distributers and acquired jet.com from former Amazon creators to implement in the years their major enterance into the online sector utilizing their logistics and supply chain.

So like I said, and I don't mean it to insult or demean, but seriously to encourage. Do some reading and research on both companies, read case studies and look at their earning reports, before saying Wal-Mart is on the verge of dying out compared to say a Best Buy, or that they are 'afraid" of amzon. They aren't

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
They don't fall short at all, they can use the same infrastructure Amazon does, with less sunken cost. It different strategy not falling short and its interesting to see which one wins.
So to say I'm disingenous when I literally said they are two masters of logistics on different ends of the spectrum, makes no sense, and I can only think you are trying to use words you don't know the meaning of to save face for a reason I don't understand.

Their cost of sales is entirely sustainable, its part of their business plan. They keep their margins thin by design, it isn't accidental.
Whole foods is to enter into the B&M business for goods that need to be sold at the B&M level, groceries and perishable goods, a sector Wal-Mart and local grocery chains dominate in. Its entirely understandable and makes sense.
Same token Wal-Mart is acquiring digital media content distributers and acquired jet.com from former Amazon creators to implement in the years their major enterance into the online sector utilizing their logistics and supply chain.

So like I said, and I don't mean it to insult or demean, but seriously to encourage. Do some reading and research on both companies, read case studies and look at their earning reports, before saying Wal-Mart is on the verge of dying out compared to say a Best Buy, or that they are 'afraid" of amzon. They aren't
I'm not going round in circles on this, I'll bump this thread in few years and make sure to @ you when the inevitable occurs. Peace.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
yikes....
Perhaps they need a bit of....correcting, sir.
delbert-grady.jpg

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I'm not going round in circles on this, I'll bump this thread in few years and make sure to @ you when the inevitable occurs. Peace.
There is no inevitable, the pieces are being set right now, and most likely by the time a "winner" is decided this site won't even be online and we'll be dead.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
best buy is actually doing well. their model of letting ppl test electronics and price matching amazon or wal-mart has kept them growing. plus they have geek squad who can help install or setup whatever ppl buy. plus they are rolling out a rent program so they'll be good.

kids don't play with toys and they end up taking up space and being clutter after a month or two. just a waste of money. millennial parents know this so they give their kids multi use minimal stuff like a tablet or phone for entertainment from what i'm seeing. the only toy i can think of that's popular is lego. i still buy some for decor around my condo.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Who said Best Buy was trending downward?
I seen it stated several times that Best Buy implementing price matching not only saved the business, but they've actually seen growth.
If anything I expect Walmart to disappear. Their customer service is piss poor, their products are low quality, and they stopped price matching. Amazon is in position to eat their lunch right in front of them and they aren't going to put up a fight. For these retail locations to survive they're going to have to price match online prices. There's no way around it.
That's certainly an interesting hot take on Wal-Mart. It's hard to invision that when looking at the sheer scale of their business but at the same time A&P was once the largest retailer in the country and now they no longer exist. So to say it's not possible is naive as we've seen it happen before. That took years and years though