Top Rated Movies That YOU Didn't Think Were All That Good

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kevin Smith movies- not that clever, mostly boring to me

Argo- it was cool, nothing I'd watch again

Avengers and Ironman- not mad I saw them, but I barely cared about what was happening on screen, and as pure action they aren't that great. I honestly don't see why Ironman is much more highly regarded than Ironman 3, maybe because it's slightly less goofy?

Inception, need to see it again though

Usual Suspects

The recent Star trek movie, not complete garbage but just a nothing movie

Fight Club used to fit this category to me, but it clicked for me the 2nd or 3rd time I saw it, great movie that's deep beyond what Brad Pitt is saying.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Shining....just don't see it....and I like Kubrick
Heat....Thief is better. Too many irrelevant story tangents
Scarface......most overrated film of all-time

*ducks*

Did you like Barry Lyndon?

I agree Thief is better, feels more authentic and less Hollywood, but Heat is still an all time great movie off of acting, the shootout, and visuals alone.

Scarface's place in actual film criticism is fair imo.

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Did you like Barry Lyndon?

I agree Thief is better, feels more authentic and less Hollywood, but Heat is still an all time great movie off of acting, the shootout, and visuals alone.

Scarface's place in actual film criticism is fair imo.
Still have yet to watch Barry Lyndon

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Se7en was alright, the twist at the end was one of the only good things about it, but it was so damn predictable.

Raiders Of The Lost Ark... :snoop: this is the one and only "Indiana Jones" movie I've even seen and I had enough.

Gravity...c'mon man...

I've never seen 5 minutes of any Star Wars movies or Star Trek movies/tv shows and I don't plan to.

:merchant::damn:

HowardHughes

Still hiding
Daps
Reppin
Vegas
Kevin Smith movies- not that clever, mostly boring to me

Argo- it was cool, nothing I'd watch again

Avengers and Ironman- not mad I saw them, but I barely cared about what was happening on screen, and as pure action they aren't that great. I honestly don't see why Ironman is much more highly regarded than Ironman 3, maybe because it's slightly less goofy?

Inception, need to see it again though

Usual Suspect

The recent Star trek movie, not complete garbage but just a nothing movie

Fight Club used to fit this category to me, but it clicked for me the 2nd or 3rd time I saw it, great movie that's deep beyond what Brad Pitt is saying.

Just curious what didnt you like about the usual suspects

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Yeah but the function of the film should still get me to actually care about everyone else too not just have all of their dialogue be exposition which it all is. Leo grows and you're right about that but even so his dialogue is still just explaining everything. Again, that's like everyone in the matrix explaining to me what the matrix is for 2 hours.
The concept behind inception is so original, that I didn't care about the characters as much as I did the plot development.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
LOTR trilogy - everything good is pure and white...everything bad is black and ugly. Not to mention the badass Black Uruk orcs have a white hand painted on their face to show who their master is. smh at the subtle 'cism :stopitslime:

In defense of Jackson, the 'white is good, dark is not' comes direct from Tolkien. As for the movies, I didn't get the white hand thing (than you for pointing it out), I was too busy :what:ing at the 'mud people' literalism.