Top Rated Movies That YOU Didn't Think Were All That Good

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I just saw Silver Lining PLaybook a few weks ago. Overrated.

I mean it was ok, but I dont get the hype. What b/c Bradley Cooper played a non-Hangoverish role?

It was totally predictable as well

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
-Argo, Apocalypse Now (and I love war movies), The Shining, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Blade Runner.

Those were all right, but I was :ld:after viewing.

-Hangover and Bridesmaids. I'd watch Hangover again, but it's not a top comedy. Bridesmaids is :trash:

-American Hustle is :trash:

Decent for a 1 time view, but other then that :camby:

I'm sure there are others.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I swear horror stans would throw their lives on the "grenade" so to speak, to defend "The Shining" but that was one of the most shyttiest movies that receive high praise, that I've ever wasted my time on. :smh:
:russ:
I recently tried to watch The Shining and I just couldn't get passed the lead female's teeth...Those teeth made the whole movie look like a spoof or something, and when you add the fact that it was made in the 80's with shytty technology, you can't help but wonder if you are watching a serious movie or a "Scary Movie" type movie...:lolbron:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
The Deer Hunter :ld: the first act just dragged along to me
Yeah the deer hunter only has one good act for replay viewing which is the Vietnam/Roulette secenes. its just too long winded. the director was really feeling himself after all the acclaim, made one of the biggest bombs ever after deer hunter and hasnt directed since.

Argo- not sure how this flick won best pic. its pretty average.

American Hustle- another average movie. too slow for my blood.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
King of New York
Scarface
Brokeback Mountain
Forrest Gump

I agree about The Deer Hunter. I only liked the war parts. The rest of the movie was really dry.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
King of New York
Scarface

Brokeback Mountain
Forrest Gump

I agree about The Deer Hunter. I only liked the war parts. The rest of the movie was really dry.

Those aren't top rated at all breh. Cult movies definitely but they aren't going down in the annals of film history as great cinematic treasures lol

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
French Connection
Panic Room

Those aren't top rated at all breh. Cult movies definitely but they aren't going down in the annals of film history as great cinematic treasures lol
fair enough, I just see so much mention of King of NY and you look at the cast and director you think it could be a great film

Then you watch King of NY and go :snoop:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
French Connection
Panic Room

fair enough, I just see so much mention of King of NY and you look at the cast and director you think it could be a great film

Then you watch King of NY and go :snoop:

Yeah it's got some good scenes but it's a bad flick. And we all talk about a lot of movies. I talk about Tango and Cash a lot but I know damn well it's not a top rated movie..although I wish it was

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The 3 headed Oscar monster of terrible Best Pic wins are my choices: The English patient, Crash, and after a current look, Forrest Gump. Gump is the only one of the three I considered a decent movie, but all 3 are terribly overrated.
Yeah, I have to agree with this.

Crash was so amazing the first time I saw it. I saw it 2 more times and realized I got duped.

I didnt really like Babel that much either. :ld:

Daps
Titanic
Any Woody Allen movie
Prizzi's Honor
Shawshank Redemption (I'm not saying it is bad, just not as good as people say it is)
Silence of the Lambs. I will take heat for this but I actually preferred the movie Manhunter based on the same character (came out earlier)
High Fidelity
Mulholland Drive
The Royal Tenenbaums
The Avengers