Top Boy Series 3 Discussion Thread | (Netflix)

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
For Netflix purposes. Season 2. Top Boy
Season 4, yes, if you've been watching Top Boy: Summerhouse, since the beginning.
Top Boy season 3: What’s the difference between Top Boy and Top Boy Summerhouse?
Top Boy made a miraculous comeback to Netflix after the series was saved by the streamer. The new series came six years after the show was cancelled by Channel 4. The show's return was released on September 13 and is proving popular. But there's been some confusion about the new series which is technically the third outing but has been billed as “season one” on Netflix.

Meanwhile, Netflix has re-branded the first two seasons of the gritty London drama Top Boy: Summerhouse.

Technically, there’s no difference between Top Boy season Summerhouse and Top Boy.

The third outing is possibly being referred to as “season one” on Netflix because it’s the first run on the streamer.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For Netflix purposes. Season 2. Top Boy
Season 4, yes, if you've been watching Top Boy: Summerhouse, since the beginning.
Top Boy season 3: What’s the difference between Top Boy and Top Boy Summerhouse?
Top Boy made a miraculous comeback to Netflix after the series was saved by the streamer. The new series came six years after the show was cancelled by Channel 4. The show's return was released on September 13 and is proving popular. But there's been some confusion about the new series which is technically the third outing but has been billed as “season one” on Netflix.

Meanwhile, Netflix has re-branded the first two seasons of the gritty London drama Top Boy: Summerhouse.

Technically, there’s no difference between Top Boy season Summerhouse and Top Boy.

The third outing is possibly being referred to as “season one” on Netflix because it’s the first run on the streamer.
Yeahhh I get why they did it, but also hate they ignore the first two seasons or try to rebrand jt

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Jamie was my nikka
Why his brothers had to get done like that :mjcry:

edit: I knew Jamie would somehow end up with Dushane

Last edited:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
how did Kit know that Ats splanted the contraband
and who was that with the eyepatch

Last edited:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Dushane's weakness and what I predict will be his downfall is his lack of ability to motivate and create unity among his soldiers

He treats his so called business partners like lap dogs (e.g. Sully and Dris)

"Do this now!" Like bro aren't we equal business partners?

Not in Dushane's mind.

When your gang starts feeling some type of of way towards you,
it's the beginning of the end
i agree...but Sully was a hot head from time...and always wanted to go about things his way (the reckless way) when it went against dushane's desire. In terms of how he treated Dris, he had no good reason for that. Even the way he told Dris to go wit Jaq to the fields. Dumb shyt

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think I only watched season 5 like once.....

Everytime I've tried to rewatch I barely get past the first ep.

I mean the scenario in the opening scene of season 5 starts off aight, but it just seemed forced, at least the acting....

The best part about the first few seasons, was the authenticity.

Like Mcnulty raping homeless people, was just garbage....

I get the point they were trying to make, about how fake a sensation crime leads to funding, or how certain aspects of investigating a crime are underfunded, due to systemic issues, coming from policy as well as chain of command, but the way the wire handled that situation, was pure doo doo.....

Thus why my recollection of season 5 is very vague....

Season 2 was dope, like I've said a million times on here.....

Season 2 is really about how large quantity of drugs get into the country, not cacs.

lmaoooo I'm pretty sure he met the woman from the bar

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would say that I highly recommend watching the first 2 seasons; character development is very important to storyline to see how deep it gets. If you don’t, you’re just getting surface level reaction from a one season watch. Keep in mind, that the main actors were tweens, teens and very young adults during season 1 and 2- so season 3 is like a culmination of their life choices and decisions along with how their family structure (or lack of) affected their lives over that time. Helps to understand how they got where they are and why. Just like 10 yrs of your life is going to have a lot of changes m as opposed to someone just knowing you for the past year.

About to watch from the beginning :ehh:

Lurking Class Hero

Medicine for loneliness
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is excellent, should've watched it when it first came out. My only complaints are the ease with which Sugar and the Turks were taken out, especially Sugar who was made out to be a really big deal.

Favourite moments:

Dushane and them breaking into lizzy's house and her coming with the crocodile tears only to be met with tears of laughter: "Pleae don't tell my husband, it will break his heart!":sadbron:
Dushane: :mjlol: "are you serious! What the fukk is this bruv! Are you seeing this shyt!?":russ:

Sully: "real dribble and everything":laff:

When Jamie threw Cam off the balcony:whoo:

the reveal at the end:whoo: they gave clues, but I didn't see it coming.

I can't be the only one who found Dushanes yardie connect funny:russ:. That overly deep voice and cross accent was hilarious to me.

Jamie's fat bredrin in getting sonned by an old lady:lolbron:

Dushane: "ZT's? what's that, rubber duckies and bubble bath?":childplease:

The way Dushane exploited Jamie's kid brother:picard: and :wow: at the same time.

I still don't get how Santan Dave died. Was he set up by Jamie? did that girl he spoke to call the police? Was it the shifty doctor?

anyway great show, big step up from the previous seasons.

Last edited: