Top Boy (Season 4)

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
That’s terrible if Summerhouse ain’t on Netflix no more. That’s the best seasons of Top Boy bar none.

But I don’t think the Kit thing was as big a strike on Jamie as tryna talk to the plug on the side was. THAT was a major misstep on his part. Ats grew up with Steph so despite what happened there still might’ve been some motivation for Jamie there not to mention the type of upstanding person his character was when it comes to children makes it at least kinda believable that the pressure Dushane put on him was enough to do it.

Thing is tho, I don’t think Dushane or anyone on that side was privy to how close Ats was to Jamie via Steph. At the end of the day, it’s similar to how Alonzo put pressure on Jake but every time he had a “choice” in the matter.

Still sucks that Jamie gone tho, I wanted him to be a Manboy type character but on the inside of Dushane’s organization. I think that would’ve been interesting.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Kano is still the best actor on the show. Breh really carries pain and emotions on his face so well. Hope he goes on to bigger roles.

this is still one of my favorite scenes like this from any tv show. You felt sully like “wtf is wrong with this dude…this mothafukka tried to KILL ME…” their friendship was over right there…it was avon and stringer on the balcony if stringer hadnt died the next day….been team sully ever since

why arent you as angry as I am? Has been something ive paraphrased at work and in life for real…

and he told dushane straight up right there what time it was…and he kept his word

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

this is still one of my favorite scenes like this from any tv show. You felt sully like “wtf is wrong with this dude…this mothafukka tried to KILL ME…” their friendship was over right there…it was avon and stringer on the balcony if stringer hadnt died the next day….been team sully ever since

why arent you as angry as I am? Has been something ive paraphrased at work and in life for real…

and he told dushane straight up right there what time it was…and he kept his word

Yeah I can’t understand how nikkaz don’t fukk with Sully his character is amazing and breh does a great job at the role. Dushane gets points for being more calculated but Sully is a fukkin rydah end of story. This scene is also a strong reminder of why Sully already had it out for Jamie.

The Dris angle made this shyt even sicker. Super gut wrenching stuff and it really makes you question just how much darker Sully would become after that.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
yea theres no reason it couldnt have been 10-12 episodes

Wouldve allowed them to flesh out the Curtis/Lauryn background more
Wouldve allowed them to flesh out the Sully kidnapping/aftermath more
Wouldve allowed them to go into a bit more detail with the Summerhouse gentrification
Then the Shelley storeyline
The Stef/Tia shyt was pretty pointless

I've noticed as someone who has gotten into UK shows most are short and I think @VertigoKnight touched on it as well

like bodyguard 6 episodes a season
line of duty 6 episodes a season
luther avg like 5-6 a season

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Someone in the comments made a great point
Jamie is the reason why sully had to kill driss last season…since he struggles eith it since he needed any reason to kill jamie(the spain thing)

Nah, that wasnt on Jamie though. That deal Dris made was with Modie and Jermaine. iirc Jamie didnt find out about that til Dris came around asking "Yo me and so and so had a deal". That's when Jamie was like :dwillhuh:"Bruv you the rat in their crew"

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Great season. Enjoyed every episode and I’m mad it’s over :birdman:. So many storylines and so much character development. The fact they got so much into 8 episodes makes Power look like a joke.

Sully had to do Jaime. He saw how much Dushane trusted him and how that was going to potentially bring everything down. Jaime couldn’t be trusted. He’s proven that time and time again. Sully did it to save Dushane and the empire. Revenge was secondary imo.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I was talkin wit my cuz the other day and he brought up some good points:

1. The scene when Jaq and her girl got jumped was some pointless pandering shyt. How did the story move forward with that?

2. Jamie’s death might’ve helped set the stage for Dushane and Sully’s final showdown. Dushane wanted Jamie as insurance while Sully doesn’t care about that and killed him behind his back. Unless that last scene with them was Dushane giving the blessing and we don’t know it yet.

3. Ats shouldn’t of been killed off. Him and Steph could’ve been a young version of Dushane and Sully making their first rounds on the ends.
1. I think that was just to reinforce that she was a lesbo with feelings. In the season prior, the only emotion she really showed was with her sister when she was fukking her up, when she was looking after Ats-- which is why she was so sad about him dying, and when she was with that Asian girl last season, IDK why they dismissed that so soon especially since the Asian girl was tryna hook her up with customers

DOSDUMUNI

Pass N' Fly Records
Daps
Didnt get the comment on it either, but Dushane going into the moroccans spot with no back up talking crazy was dumb, even just sending Jamie alone

The Stef/Tia was the worst, 2nd to Sully's love life

Y'all forget that Dushane is a 38yo drug kingpin who can throw 2mill at a Spanish druglord who appears to be Sosa status like it's nothing.

I don't think he's expected to be shook by many.

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Y'all forget that Dushane is a 38yo drug kingpin who can throw 2mill at a Spanish druglord who appears to be Sosa status like it's nothing.

I don't think he's expected to be shook by many.
ehhh new turf & new world, going solo with no backup with not even knowing who he's speaking too was dumb, Emilo even told him these ppl were ruthless. Dushane could have been clipped at any point

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
ehhh new turf & new world, going solo with no backup with not even knowing who he's speaking too was dumb, Emilo even told him these ppl were ruthless. Dushane could have been clipped at any point
It was that or trust the white chick that in your eyes has fukked this up so bad where you gotta step in currently. On top of her seeming to be desperate as hell trying to be part of things so she isnt expendable. No telling what deals the white chick would be cutting in his face speaking spanish.
I saw the going alone shyt as trying to show them he aint on no ra ra shyt. Plus they already got his 2M and he knows it would be crazy for them to actually kill him because they would be cutting off a big customer.