Top Boy (Season 4)

Ashtrey

Superstar
Daps
Last season was perfection. This season was real good.

I love how they incorporate other UK cities like Manchester and Liverpool into the show. Places I know nothing about. Hearing the different accents.

When Curtis and his sis were on screen I changed to subtitles :mjlol:

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
I absolutely loved this season, just finished it.
I hope they drop another season soon.

Also, I think Jaq stole every scene she was in, absolutely killed her role.

IN A BIT!

Jaq had a big role this season, she was very believable in all her scenes. Most of the actors were on point, Curtis, Vee and Speaks were all believable and menacing.

Solid season. Just some bullet points:

- The characters I feel the most sorry for is Ats and his mother. He was just a little kid who wanted to help out and ended up being coerced into betraying his own friends. He didn't have a choice. Then of course he sadly gets killed and his poor mother still gets deported and can't even travel back to Africa with her own child. That's the saddest shyt ever but I personally knew a woman who went through the same thing some years ago.

-
RIP to mama Hill. I knew she was gonna pass this season.
I'm not feeling how Dushane spoke to his mother. :stopitslime:TBF she made excuses for him and swept everything under the carpet until it it was way too late.

- I love how Jaq had a bigger presence this season. Ole girl killed her role in this one.

- Everyone knows a Lauryn. Dumb birds like that are a dime a dozen. It's always "b-b-but he was soo sweeeet" bullshyt like they don't know the dudes they're dealing with are scumbags. Curtis is an even bigger and more obvious scumbag than Leyton, but chicks like her never learn their lesson and well, you know the rest.

- Speaking of Curtis, him and his sister were the most interesting villains. I agree with whoever said Curtis has that silent, but violent psychopathic aura to him that you can even see in his eyes. He wasn't on some loud mouth, rah rah shyt but his character was the most :whoa: and his sister was equally as crazy. That was some good casting.

- I would have preferred if they upped the ante and made Dushane and his crew beef with out of towners like the Liverpool gang. Knowing how they get down, the Summerhouse gang would have had MAJOR problems. They knew Dushane and his crew were serious criminals and weren't even the slightest bit fazed. They just ran up on them in their own town, took their shyt and sprayed up the beauty store like it was just another day. :mjlol:

- It's fukk Sully forever and I been saying this waaaay before the finale. People who never saw seasons 1 & 2 thought he was such a nice guy cos he cared for that kid, but dude was a piece of shyt from the beginning.

Sully returned to his natural form he was on some hiding business after what he did to dris but hes a gully mother fukker and dont you forget it. Ngl theirs a sexy sumn sumn to him tho.

As someone else said the Liverpool beef can still happen, just like the US down south, them man up north move different and are on a different kinda crud. But your right I wish it was fleshed out a bit more, they were excellent villains.

I may have to watch this season again

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Apart from the Scousers, the opps and the villains were kind of tame this season.

We need another Modie type to rise up for next season:feedme:

too bad dutchavelli ruined his career by being into young girls, he would have made the perfect villian

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
I don't agree with the Channel 4 seasons being inherently better. The first season, a White woman (successfully) uses a Black child as a drug mule and ticket out the hood and Leon, a righteous Black man, gets senselessy murdered behind her shyt. Yall was feeling that over what happened in S3?

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sully did it to look out for Dushane.

Dushane doesn't know that Jamie tried to snake him in Spain. Last time I checked Sully never told him exactly what Juan said.

Sully almost got merked by Leyton because of the beef Jamie had with him and Dushane. He got shot by Modie/Jamie/Jermaine and spooked his BM to the point he couldn't see his daughter after just starting to reenter her life.

Then Ats' death.

Then Kit's death. Jamie was that quick to kill Kits...yet you see the lengths Jaq went for Lauryn.

Essentially, Sully saw that the longer Jamie lived...the lesser his situation would get. Sooner or later Jamie will do something in the ends of looking out for himself, and his brothers. Honorable, but remember this is a street drama.

This.

Dushane = Jamie

Sully = Jaq

Sully knows how Dushane moves and he knows Jamie is the same way. He knows it's only a matter of time before Jamie comes for them.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Man.........this season felt like a lot of filler.

Lauryn/Curtis shyt
Tia/Stef shyt
Sully/Pebbles
Spain shyt was cool, but felt fillerish

Then they dumbed down Jamie a lot from last season. Him and Kit were smart and calculating as fukk............now man.

Ending was disappointing, still gonna peep next season though. Liking Jaq's development.
Wish Dushane wouldve told Shelly it was kinda her fault her shop got shot up. She the one that wanted Dushane to let Lauryn live. :yeshrug: