Top Boy (Season 4)

Token Moltisanti

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Central
Real foul like how they did Jamie innit, had mans on a side mission most of the season, brothers distant toward him, and he gets popped.

I like how this show gives every character an arc and personality, I think this season just reminded me that at the end of the day it’s Dushane and Sully story. Jamie was just a pawn.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Can we all admit now that this was by far the worst season to date, and that the whole direction of the Netflix show is so poor and weak compared to the original two seasons? They were legit amazing. I put them on the same level as the Wire. The first two seasons had such tight and focused plotlines and excellent character development. Not a single scene was pointless or wasted. All the different plotlines for the different characters tended to come together by the end of the last episode of each season, and you saw how they all connected together in the end. Plus everything was very realistic. The cops were actually a force that mattered, Dushane's empire was almost brought down over killing Kamale not once but twice by the police heat. It was really elite television.

Now the Netflix shyt is garbage in comparison. Like yeah it's still entertaining and whatnot. But damn, artistically it has fallen so far from the original Top Boy.

Agreed.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
The 1st 2 seasons was basically following the lives of a handful of people and what it's like living in the hood in UK. The Netflix seasons had that too showing Jamie's family dynamic and Ats situation by they also gotta have Dushane and Sully do something more. Y'all forget too that it was 7 years between the original 2 seasons and the Netflix ones. The only thing I would've changed this season was tone down all the guns. I think they used it too much when gun crime ain't even like that
I was gonna say, shyt it feels like an American show with all the straps. Wassup with that? The roadmen got straps like that outchea?

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Maaan, still haven't gotten up on this yet.

Got a backlog of things to look at this weekend. Batman, this and the first episode of Atlanta S3.