Top Boy (Season 4)

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Having 4 episodes like the original shows did means you really have to streamline everything so everything is tight. It's why for me UK shows are usually so good 4-6 episodes being the limit means you really have to justify why certain things are in the show.

I like that they don't just focus on the drug storyline but show how other residents are living.

It's funny the summerhouse story is pretty true to life they were knocking down an estate just up the road from peckham in elephant and castle and promised the people they were moving out to all over the UK that they could come back. Which was 100% bullshyt. Southwark council housing planners were full of absolute gangsters and crooks, lots of bribes and backhanders.

Meanwhile they were advertising these new build very expensive apartments overseas in places like Asia, my exes mother lived in Thailand at the time and was reading a newspaper there and shocked to see they were already selling floor plans for the knocked down estate.

This is when you could see how London was changing. Lots of music venues getting sold off and turned into flats, basically a purge of vibrant London. Turning it into a bland 'clean' franchises on every street corner everywhere vision of mediocrity.

I know a ton of people who upped sticks amd moved to places like Bristol as they felt the art and music scene was getting strangled in London.

DOSDUMUNI

Pass N' Fly Records
Daps
They killed curtis off way to early
Curtis had a crew of 3 folks and was running ish. I kind of wish his plan to kidnap jaq was the last scene of the season

Curtis's uncle or some shyt is gonna come blow open the buildings next season wit Vee n co while Emilio goes full blown Stephen Segal mode

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Solid season. Just some bullet points:

- The characters I feel the most sorry for is Ats and his mother. He was just a little kid who wanted to help out and ended up being coerced into betraying his own friends. He didn't have a choice. Then of course he sadly gets killed and his poor mother still gets deported and can't even travel back to Africa with her own child. That's the saddest shyt ever but I personally knew a woman who went through the same thing some years ago.

-
RIP to mama Hill. I knew she was gonna pass this season.
I'm not feeling how Dushane spoke to his mother. :stopitslime:TBF she made excuses for him and swept everything under the carpet until it it was way too late.

- I love how Jaq had a bigger presence this season. Ole girl killed her role in this one.

- Everyone knows a Lauryn. Dumb birds like that are a dime a dozen. It's always "b-b-but he was soo sweeeet" bullshyt like they don't know the dudes they're dealing with are scumbags. Curtis is an even bigger and more obvious scumbag than Leyton, but chicks like her never learn their lesson and well, you know the rest.

- Speaking of Curtis, him and his sister were the most interesting villains. I agree with whoever said Curtis has that silent, but violent psychopathic aura to him that you can even see in his eyes. He wasn't on some loud mouth, rah rah shyt but his character was the most :whoa: and his sister was equally as crazy. That was some good casting.

- I would have preferred if they upped the ante and made Dushane and his crew beef with out of towners like the Liverpool gang. Knowing how they get down, the Summerhouse gang would have had MAJOR problems. They knew Dushane and his crew were serious criminals and weren't even the slightest bit fazed. They just ran up on them in their own town, took their shyt and sprayed up the beauty store like it was just another day. :mjlol:

- It's fukk Sully forever and I been saying this waaaay before the finale. People who never saw seasons 1 & 2 thought he was such a nice guy cos he cared for that kid, but dude was a piece of shyt from the beginning.

I would have loved the season to focus on this aspect, Dushane trying to expand his reach but runs into out of town goons, Turks or Albanians

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
I've never understood people who open doors without checking the peephole, I'm always doing that or checking my ring doorbell app :pachaha:

my dad does that weird shyt and you would think most people would know this coming out of the crack era especially.

someone rings the bell and my dad will open the door before they even come up.

Meanwhile I don’t even answer the door if I have no company and the mail man usually leaves the stuff at the door

DOSDUMUNI

Pass N' Fly Records
Daps
If only Jamie invested in a ring

dude had cameras all over last season

lol

How would thatve played out tho?

Sully just goes home after Jamie asks who's there?

Dude would have just shot the knob, kicked the door in, and then murdered all 3 of them except for only Jamie.

No Ma’am

Bang, Bang, Bang
Daps
Dope season. I hope Dushane gets out the life while he can and goes legit... the way Stringer Bell didn't get a chance to :mjcry:

the-wire-d-angelo-barksdale.gif

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
U right Sully would probably act as if it's an urgent matter then kill him in the hallway anyways. But that'd make an even match I guess
But Sully showing up to his crib unannounced especially after letting him know he wouldn't hesitate to dead him would have given Jamie the upperhand if he looked through the peephole/

Daps
Solid season. Just some bullet points:

- The characters I feel the most sorry for is Ats and his mother. He was just a little kid who wanted to help out and ended up being coerced into betraying his own friends. He didn't have a choice. Then of course he sadly gets killed and his poor mother still gets deported and can't even travel back to Africa with her own child. That's the saddest shyt ever but I personally knew a woman who went through the same thing some years ago.

-
RIP to mama Hill. I knew she was gonna pass this season.
I'm not feeling how Dushane spoke to his mother. :stopitslime:TBF she made excuses for him and swept everything under the carpet until it it was way too late.

- I love how Jaq had a bigger presence this season. Ole girl killed her role in this one.

- Everyone knows a Lauryn. Dumb birds like that are a dime a dozen. It's always "b-b-but he was soo sweeeet" bullshyt like they don't know the dudes they're dealing with are scumbags. Curtis is an even bigger and more obvious scumbag than Leyton, but chicks like her never learn their lesson and well, you know the rest.

- Speaking of Curtis, him and his sister were the most interesting villains. I agree with whoever said Curtis has that silent, but violent psychopathic aura to him that you can even see in his eyes. He wasn't on some loud mouth, rah rah shyt but his character was the most :whoa: and his sister was equally as crazy. That was some good casting.

- I would have preferred if they upped the ante and made Dushane and his crew beef with out of towners like the Liverpool gang. Knowing how they get down, the Summerhouse gang would have had MAJOR problems. They knew Dushane and his crew were serious criminals and weren't even the slightest bit fazed. They just ran up on them in their own town, took their shyt and sprayed up the beauty store like it was just another day. :mjlol:

- It's fukk Sully forever and I been saying this waaaay before the finale. People who never saw seasons 1 & 2 thought he was such a nice guy cos he cared for that kid, but dude was a piece of shyt from the beginning.

The Liverpool beef can still be a thing. You know his sister isn't going to take this lying down. But agree Curtis shouldn't have been killed off so quick