Top Boy (Season 4)

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I think you're overrating the Wire. It's a top show but don't forget there is loads of trash in it too. Every single scene with Ziggy in it is an instant skip. So is the whole politics angle with Carcetti who is another major character in the show who dominates three seasons and is completely trash. Clarence Royce was a way better character. They just put Carcetti in because the creators of the show had a personal beef with Baltimore's white mayor at the time. The final season operates on a top level of stupidity too, with a wildly implausible fake serial killer plot being the main driver of that season.

Nothing's perfect. It needs to be conceded that the original Top Boy only has 8 episodes and there really isn't a whole lot you can do wrong in just 8 episodes. It's not even the same length as one season of the Wire. But for what it is, it was honestly superb. At least, that's my opinion. I enjoyed it just as much as I would any given run of 8 episodes in the Wire

you got a frank sobotka union poster as your avi and youre telling me ziggy storyline is trash and the wire is overrated :dahell::dahell::dahell::dahell:

top boy shoud have kept following Ranell, but instead Drake gave them some cash and all of a sudden Dushane is back as a kingpin :mjlol:. top boy was nowhere close to any season of the wire, people gotta stop comparing anything involving the streets to the wire

they were covering all aspects of Baltimore life since David Simon was a writer there for almost a decade. and building the world that the core characters had to navigate. just never had a big audience and got shut out of all awards while airing

the most memorable things about the original top boy series was Dushane saying "mum i cant eat without your peppa sauce :sadcam:" and the chinese nutjob getting killed by Gem's dad

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
you got a frank sobotka union poster as your avi and youre telling me ziggy storyline is trash and the wire is overrated :dahell::dahell::dahell::dahell:

top boy shoud have kept following Ranell, but instead Drake gave them some cash and all of a sudden Dushane is back as a kingpin :mjlol:. top boy was nowhere close to any season of the wire, people gotta stop comparing anything involving the streets to the wire

they were covering all aspects of Baltimore life since David Simon was a writer there for almost a decade. and building the world that the core characters had to navigate. just never had a big audience and got shut out of all awards while airing

the most memorable things about the original top boy series was Dushane saying "mum i cant eat without your peppa sauce :sadcam:" and the chinese nutjob getting killed by Gem's dad

Frank is a god. He is the GOAT tragic character I've ever seen. Ziggy is fukking trash man! How can you equate the two?

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
dushane is a shyt boss, sully is toooo much of a reckless goon, he'd have been bodied by now. jamie was too much of a nice guy. the spain shyt was fukkin goofy.. send 20yr old breh to spain to deal with super goon as moroccan and spanish brehs and nothing happens. stef runnin with this goof broad that got him into wild trouble and could have got him locked up. lauryn's crazy ass dude kinda made this shyt aite. they moved like g's up until they just shot up the salon for no reason. that old white bytch soulda been died, and i'm glad rueben didnt snitch.

first 2 seasons were better than these netflix jawns but its decent

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Frank is a god. He is the GOAT tragic character I've ever seen. Ziggy is fukking trash man! How can you equate the two?

my point was both their stories had a place in the overall narrative. family dynamics and world building

frank was the man at the port keeping shyt moving, ziggy was the fukk up who couldnt get right, and nick was dabbling in the streets along with the ports.

top boy doesnt have shyt like that lol. but let me stop derailing this thread, you entitled to your opinion

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
*In my best London slang*

Wagwan bruvs? Calm :whoa: Allow it. I started on the food yesterday and finished today innit. Los Duques are a maaajor ting innit. I could give a rat's arse about Lauryn's drama :camby: If it's not opening doors for the Madden mandem in Liverpool then it's a waste still. Rest up n bless up to the mandem lost this season. Dushane's raas ways are going to turn on him eventually.

Just keep my baby Simz/Whatever her name is out of it :mjcry: That's bae

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
dushane is a shyt boss, sully is toooo much of a reckless goon, he'd have been bodied by now. jamie was too much of a nice guy. the spain shyt was fukkin goofy.. send 20yr old breh to spain to deal with super goon as moroccan and spanish brehs and nothing happens. stef runnin with this goof broad that got him into wild trouble and could have got him locked up. lauryn's crazy ass dude kinda made this shyt aite. they moved like g's up until they just shot up the salon for no reason. that old white bytch soulda been died, and i'm glad rueben didnt snitch.

first 2 seasons were better than these netflix jawns but its decent

dushane and his homeboy were the two WOAT criminals :mjlol:. just did every thing wrong all the time and it bit them in the ass every time :russ:

didnt they run up in somebody crib and murk/kidnap in broad daylight without masks or gloves on? then look bewildered at the person girlfriend shut "oy shut up if ya know whats good for ya love. pip pip cheerio" :dead:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I guess from Dushane POV he thought planting them drugs in the last season would humble him.

Also as he told him when they met up at the cafe, there had been no murders when Jamie was sitting down, and people were content making money, not beefing. His betting risk was Jaime would settle down as the huge amounts of money coming in for him and his crew would chill him out to behave himself and he could groom him to be a reliable solider.

What Dushane should have foresaw is treating people like shyt, and dismissing them when he no longer needs them coldly, Is a dumb way to be moving.

Breh in the previous season, Jamie literally shows and tells Dushane to his face how ambitiously aggressive he is.

A person like that would never be content not being the boss along with being some worker.

Dushane should know this as he has literally been that person himself who turned on his old boss who he was a workef for to takeover, yet Dushane is dumb enough to think that wouldn't happen to him? It's just dumb breh.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Breh in the previous season, Jamie literally shows and tells Dushane to his face how ambitiously aggressive he is.

A person like that would never be content not being the boss along with being some worker.

Dushane should know this as he has literally been that person himself who turned on his old boss who he was a workef for to takeover, yet Dushane is dumb enough to think that wouldn't happen to him? It's just dumb breh.

Of course Breh. He was ambitious and Dushane said to Sully his our retirement plan as he saw that.

But I'll agree Dushane is kinda silly to expect things to not play out how they did in the past. I guess Jaime did show loyalty by killing Kit but for Jaime that was less for DeShane and more so his brothers don't have to uproot their lives.

But Dushane is also looking to go 'legit' so would be getting out of that street level game anyway. Leaving things in possibly Jaimes/Jaqs hands.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
As for the ending from a narrative POV I can see why it had to happen.

Jaime's arc is pretty much done he was settling into a loyal solider who was maybe waiting to take over at some point but I feel all the plotting had been sapped out of him because his brothers need some normality in their lives.

Next season having him around would not have worked. Not sure how I feel having Sully do it. But that also makes sense Sully sees Deshanes blindspots and fixes them accordingly.

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
The 1st 2 seasons was basically following the lives of a handful of people and what it's like living in the hood in UK. The Netflix seasons had that too showing Jamie's family dynamic and Ats situation by they also gotta have Dushane and Sully do something more. Y'all forget too that it was 7 years between the original 2 seasons and the Netflix ones. The only thing I would've changed this season was tone down all the guns. I think they used it too much when gun crime ain't even like that

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all acting like someone didn’t get dropped at a petrol station last season with literally no police comeback like it wouldn’t be national news if it really happened

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yeaaah that’s what I mean the earlier stuff felt a little more grounded. Had some good themes/storytelling. It’s like, they still have that but with a shyt load of murder/shooting/ridiculous and unbelievable shyt added on top, when i’m not sure they really need it to tell the stories.

For example the the Lauryn/Controlling scouser lad storyline was one of the better/realistic subplots most of the season then last couple episodes it just went crazy with machine gun fire:damn:

And lets be honest with ourselves, we really REALLY didn’t need that Shelley buried body subplot :dead:

They killed curtis off way to early
Curtis had a crew of 3 folks and was running ish. I kind of wish his plan to kidnap jaq was the last scene of the season