TOP 50 LYRICISTS (THE SOURCE EDITION) MAGAZINE SCANS

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
So, GZA not even in the top 10 when talking about lyricists ?
:trash: list

GZA "Fame" (follow the names) - YouTube

EDIT : The cool thing now is to have Rakim ranking #1 so the author can be viewed as a connaisseur ("Rakim #1 ? OK, that list is legit..."). In pure lyricism, I got GZA and Nas above him even if it's close.
Wow at Lil Kim being in a top 50. She's top 1000 at best.

Where have U been...Rakim been #1 on people's list for over 20 years!!

Pure Lyricism Rakim >>> Nas/GZA/Anybody

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You can argue about the ranking, but I'd say 80% the picks are solid. Only real glaing ommissions are Ghost, MF Doom, and AZ.

and Ras Kass, Kool Moe Dee, Grandmaster Caz, Sha Rock, Aceyalone, Kurupt, Del, Casual, Saafir, Xzibit, Wise Intelligent, Lord Finesse, Sadat X, Grand Puba, MC Lyte, Boots Riley, Paris, Kool Keith, Treach, King Tee, Kam, Special Ed, Masta Ace, Richie Rich just to name a few.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Grap is too low,he had more influence on nikkas then Rakim I would say as far as style....why he's that low? The name Rakim has just gotten more massaging over the years.

And no I didn't mean Big Daddy Kane,influencing jay don't mean he influenced everybody Jay influenced.

Rakim changed the way niccas flow and spit. Cats didn't just start putting Rakim at #1...he's been at that spot on many lists for over 20 yrs.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
eminem #6 while cannibus is #44.:whistle:

no gripes with ll cool j being where hes at but kool moe dee is a better lyricist and hes not even mentioned.

wheres lord finesse?

killa cam & murder mase would ish on probably half of the people mentioned.

none of the o.g. super-lyrical cats are even mentioned.

and again, wheres AZ & beanie siegal!!??

LL should be in the Top 10 and Moe Dee should be on the list...high up!!

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and u still have yet to prove how he bit off of gillie :pachaha:

post some examples of this biting please?

what exactly did he bit off of the figgas?

ok, in regards to the gillie shyt, it depends on who you ask but according to gillie and some other guys from philly (which you are from so you should know this) jay bit off dutch from major figgas after they turned down signing with roc-a-fella. originally jay was tryna sign major figgas to roc-a-fella around 97-98 but gillie said the deal wasn't right so they passed. later they said they noticed that jay was using dutches style and gillie being the frontman took offence to it. thats just what they say, this is a pretty old story though, im suprised you haven't heard of it.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eidt: I finally saw the whole list.

Lol at Lil' Wayne, 50 Cent, Rick Ross, etc..

F8cked up list for real.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
ok, in regards to the gillie shyt, it depends on who you ask but according to gillie and some other guys from philly (which you are from so you should know this) jay bit off dutch from major figgas after they turned down signing with roc-a-fella. originally jay was tryna sign major figgas to roc-a-fella around 97-98 but gillie said the deal wasn't right so they passed. later they said they noticed that jay was using dutches style and gillie being the frontman took offence to it. thats just what they say, this is a pretty old story though, im suprised you haven't heard of it.

yup. and jay snagged some swag off most wanted too.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Personally I would put Slick Rick in the top 10 but the list overall isn't too bad for The Source. The mag hasn't been worth shyt in at least 10 years