Top 10 most segregated cities in the U.S.???

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn’t say in Collierville I said way east past Collierville. If you compare the surrounding faces of Shelby and Desoto county to Fayette County you can see why I said what I said in regards to the supposed segregation of Memphis.

And when we talking about segregation and where people live now, 2024 is a lot more relevant than 1994.
East of Collierville is Fayette County and that used to be a super Black County. It was always rural, but it was heavily Black up until about 20 to 30 years ago. If you want to know how Black Fayette County used to be then you should read up on "Tent City" which was one of America's first Civil Rights protest and then read up on the West Tennessee Colored troops that fought in the Civil War.

StackorStarve

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Newark been segregated since I was a little kid. It’s not that you’re not allowed to live in other areas and I don’t know the history of it all but people just group up. For as long as I’ve been around there’s always been the spanish parts of Newark and the black parts of Newark. The Italians moved away a long ass time ago. Spanish people live in North Newark and the Ironbound section of Newark (east ward). Vailsburg (west ward), south ward, and central ward are black.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Segregated Cities Link

1. Detroit, Michigan
2. Hialeah, Florida
3. Newark, New Jersey
4. Chicago, Illinois
5. Milwaukee, Wisconsin
6. Cleveland, Ohio
7. Miami, Florida
8. Birmingham, Alabama
9. New York City, New York
10. St. Louis, Missouri

What say you Coli?
And none are as segregated as churches at noon on Sundays. :mjpls:

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
Segregated Cities Link

1. Detroit, Michigan
2. Hialeah, Florida
3. Newark, New Jersey
4. Chicago, Illinois
5. Milwaukee, Wisconsin
6. Cleveland, Ohio
7. Miami, Florida
8. Birmingham, Alabama
9. New York City, New York
10. St. Louis, Missouri

What say you Coli?

These 2 south Florida cities make no sense..

It's MAAD gwalla gwallas out there.. but Hella saltines and some negrahs sprinkled in.

And Miami is.damn everyone

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
True. But you're not really prevented from going to or living where ever you want in NYC.

Can't speak for Staten Island though

I beg to differ.

Dyker Heights
Brighton Beach
Howard Beach
Bensonhurst
Corona
Flushing
Little Italy
China town

Just because you can go, doesn’t mean they don’t try to block you out whether not renting, refusing services, price gouging.

Same game, different name

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Black brown coalition:troll:.

Only one southern city on the list but something something wouldn't wish my worse enemy yada yada
As a native, Miami is segregated and racially-driven but indirectly due to socioeconomic factors and not simply because someone is black. If you can pay the rent, most folks don’t give a fukk.

Black and white folks by far and in large avoid living in Hialeah and gladly gave that up to Cubans and other latinos.

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
I beg to differ.

Dyker Heights
Brighton Beach
Howard Beach
Bensonhurst
Corona
Flushing
Little Italy
China town

Just because you can go, doesn’t mean they don’t try to block you out whether not renting, refusing services, price gouging.

Same game, different name

I live in Bensonhurst.

I haven't gotten even an attitude from anyone here. I was fully expecting to harassed but everyone is pretty chill over here.

And I'm not the only black person either.

Honestly, I've gotten "worse" treatment from the gentrifying cacs that move to black neighborhoods.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I was guessing Milwaukee and Chicago would be one and two.

Meanwhile, Minneapolis/St Paul is one of the least-segregated big cities I've ever lived in

I'm not from the Chi but I live here now. Compared to STL, Chicago is pretty integrated, even out South.

There's definitely 90%+ Black areas but you don't have to travel far to run into Whites, Hispanics, or a host of other ethnic groups.

1. Milwaukee
2. New York City
3. Chicago
4. Memphis
5. Jackson
6. Detroit
7. Cleveland
8. Cincinnati
9. St. Louis
10. Newark

I'm actually surprised STL isn't higher on the list.

Surprised Dallas isn't up there though I'd argue that it's more economic

It's always economic.

Racial segregation and economic segregation are two wings of the same vulture.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Detroit ranks high for sure. Still weird when I moved away. Had to adjust to the lack of blackness around. Outside of some teachers and a few randoms spread around the neighborhood, I legitimately didn’t have regular interaction with YTs until my 20s. Ironically I also really miss authentic middle eastern food since it was also a very regular thing to be able to get.

In a weird way I found this to be a strength. I grew up far West Side so I saw white folks regularly. But yeah, all my teachers and doctors were black, my dentist was black, most of the cops were black, the people working in all the businesses were black. It was a source of pride for me.

HOWEVER

Wasn't no real money circulating. No land developers, no venture capitalists, no small business consortiums, nothing. Just baby money.

Don De Dieu

Standing in the sun getting black as I want
Daps
Reppin
Milwaukee
I dated a woman from Milwaukee before and she told me that black people from there doesn’t fukk with white people. At all.

Generally speaking, if you're in Milwaukee proper, that's a stretch. The segregation is hard coded here and has a lasting impact, but most Black folks will have dealings with white people in some form (voluntarily or not.)

But where the segregation might make a difference is for example, you live, work and exclusively socialize on the north side, it's feasible you'd mostly (or entirely, depending on the neighborhood) interact with Black folks all day, every day.