TONY KHAN STINKS! (TK ⛷️❄️ BINGES ON OFFER FROM WBD; WEMBLEY TURNSTILE COUNT = 46K 😢; DYNAMITE NO MILLION WATCH: 575 DAYS/82 WEEKS)

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
to be fair, wrestler's court never fired wrestlers.

I've heard even NFL locker rooms have had some form of internal committee to try to handle inter-team disputes
Danielson didn't fire anyone either. He was basically the spokeperson to the locker room of a decision that TK made after a committee told him to fire Punk. Is having an active wrestler in said committee a good decision? I honestly don't know. I just think it's an indictment on Tony that he needed such a committee.

Last edited:

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The Bryan Danielson thing leaking feels like damage control for AEW. "Dont blame us, Daniel, who everybody loves, had a hand in getting rid of Punk".
That's exactly what it is. Yes wrestlers have always had sway in how a company is run but giving an active wrestler final say is cowardly on the CEOs behalf. As a corporate leader myself, this is a clear case of passing the buck by Snowman so he can still be the good guy. Add in the fact that Dragon is universally liked it gets them both off the hook. Cunning yet cowardly move..

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
Not my dawg being the feds. :damn:

(But forreal though, from the way it’s worded it seems like he was in a hands on role with the decision, which… why give that kinda position to one of the boys instead of someone with HR experience, who won’t create a conflict of interest???)

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
shyt sounds terrible.:stopitslime:. Storytelling > matches every day of the week.
TK just running the company for Dave's star rating at this point.
shyt sounds like he lazy as hell and doesnt want to get storytelling to work.
GAB1r48WsAABSYO

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
That's exactly what it is. Yes wrestlers have always had sway in how a company is run but giving an active wrestler final say is cowardly on the CEOs behalf. As a corporate leader myself, this is a clear case of passing the buck by Snowman so he can still be the good guy. Add in the fact that Dragon is universally liked it gets them both off the hook. Cunning yet cowardly move..
The fact that Bryan is universally liked is exactly why he shouldn’t be in this “commission”. It puts heat on him when before there was none. You don’t think all the people in aew that was cool with punk don’t feel some type of way towards DB for having a hand in getting him outta there?

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
I wish AEW stans would stop defending AEW's storytelling by saying "aew has inring storytelling". In ring story telling isnt storytelling and certainly isnt an adequate replacement for regular storytelling imo. :manny:

even in real sports where you're legitimately seeing who the best competitor is, the PPVs that drew the most always came from fights that had:

1. a larger than life personality
2. bad blood between the fighters

it was never simply about who the best technical fighters were or "workrate"

if banking simply on "These guys will have a match to see who the best is!" doesn't work in real fighting, why would someone think that's the best option when it comes to fake fighting?

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
even in real sports where you're legitimately seeing who the best competitor is, the PPVs that drew the most always came from fights that had:

1. a larger than life personality
2. bad blood between the fighters

it was never simply about who the best technical fighters were or "workrate"

if banking simply on "These guys will have a match to see who the best is!" doesn't work in real fighting, why would someone think that's the best option when it comes to fake fighting?
Why do I care about two guys exchanging choreographed flips and kicks absent an angle or storyline when I can watch UFC or gymnastics? Makes no sense.