TONY KHAN STINKS! (TK ⛷️❄️ BINGES ON OFFER FROM WBD; WEMBLEY TURNSTILE COUNT = 46K 😢; DYNAMITE NO MILLION WATCH: 575 DAYS/82 WEEKS)

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
And plus you can’t use that tagline when you putting MFs like Jack Cartwheel and all them other random bums on tv every week
Jack Cartwheel nice tho :pachaha:

I’m not even joking. I saw homie have a banger once with Lio Rush on some GCW show. His offense creative as hell

That shyt has zero appeal the way it’s packaged though lol

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

I’m not even joking. I saw homie have a banger once with Lio Rush on some GCW show. His offense creative as hell

Yeah see my last post lol

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps

That's what I said a few posts up about ol' boy with Bear Country. If Tony would put some effort into the wrestlers' packages (No Diddy, just in case), then we might start caring about those bamas. Tony just putting some unknown indy random, whether they're nice or not, in a 10 minute tv "banger" with no buildup, no introduction, and no character development is the same thing that Vanessa did with Dabnis:

We'll never care about them as long as Tony keeps presenting them to us on trash can lids.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
At what point will they realize this little “where the best wrestle” tag line they keep trying to emphasize doesn’t appeal to anyone but the hardcore mark fanbase they already have? Where the best wrestle isn’t going to be enough for them. :yeshrug:
"Where the big boys play" was a much better tag line and made sense at the beginning of the Monday Night Wars as WCW had a really star studded rusted while WWF was struggling bad and losing stars left and right.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
That's what I said a few posts up about ol' boy with Bear Country. If Tony would put some effort into the wrestlers' packages (No Diddy, just in case), then we might start caring about those bamas. Tony just putting some unknown indy random, whether they're nice or not, in a 10 minute tv "banger" with no buildup, no introduction, and no character development is the same thing that Vanessa did with Dabnis:

We'll never care about them as long as Tony keeps presenting them to us on trash can lids.

You know what… I’ve never really thought about it, but I’m realizing that one of the problems is Tony kinda brings indy guys in as is. They come in and do exactly what they’ve been doing everywhere else. The presentation doesn’t change, there’s no real development.. it’s just a continuation of what they’re already doing/ have been doing.

It’s like Tony really has no ground sense of creative direction when it comes to nuances like that. We’ve seen WWE bring in guys like Sami Zayn, completely strip em of what they had done prior and pull a new character out of him. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. shyt, they’re currently doing it with Lexus King. If Tony Khan got his hands on Sami, that muhfukka would still be wearing a mask talmbout “ole!”

And that’s not me saying everyone has to completely rebrand, but some of these Jack Cartwheel types are undercooked but have *something*.. if some type of real development was put into them, they could probably have solid potential.. but if there’s nobody there to pull that potential out of em.. well, he’s just a nikka doing cartwheels

Last edited:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
You know what… I’ve never really thought about it, but I’m realizing that one of the problems is Tony kinda brings indy guys in as is. They come in and do exactly what they’ve been doing everywhere else. The presentation doesn’t change, there’s no real development.. it’s just a continuation of what they’re already doing/ have been doing.

It’s like Tony really has no ground sense of creative direction when it comes to nuances like that. We’ve seen WWE bring in guys like Sami Zayn, completely strip em of what they had done prior and pull a new character out of him. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. shyt, they’re currently doing it with Lexus King. If Tony Khan got his hands on Sami, that muhfukka would still be wearing a mask talmbout “ole!”
Facts!

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
You see it!

And some of that goes on the wrestlers too. I mean, look at Toni Storm. I’m sure she came up with that timeless shyt herself and got it over. It was way different than anything she had done before that

But I almost feel there also has to be a sense of “let’s really find your thing and hone it in” from a higher up perspective on a large scale to really get shyt crackin.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps

And that’s not me saying everyone has to completely rebrand, but some of these Jack Cartwheel types are undercooked but have *something*.. if some type of real development was put into them, they could probably have solid potential.. but if there’s nobody there to pull that potential out of em.. well, he’s just a nikka doing cartwheels

I've been saying this for years about Tony Khan. Dude doesn't have any creativity inside his brain whatsoever.

Dustin Rhodes becoming Goldust took him to an entirely different level
Cactus Jack becoming Mankind and then Dude Love before bringing Cactus back made him a bigger star
Mean Mark Callous becoming the Undertaker
Ted DiBiase becoming the Million Dollar Man
Curt Hennig becoming Mr Perfect

obviously there were some big swings and misses there but when you take chances like that, the hits are gonna be bigger. AEW never puts their "stamp" on a guy, even MJF was this exact same character in MLW and the indies. Same for OC and Darby and some of their other "success stories"

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Timestamped

This is exactly how I feel about Swerve (and I'm not his biggest fan)...they are booking AROUND him, like he's in the way

I won't even bump my thread on this subject

I thought the whole "first black champion" thing fell flat for several reasons, that's still not an excuse for this weird booking

When MJF was champ it was rightfully the MJF show

IMO, TK never intended for Swerve to be AEW champion. MJF and Adam Cole got hurt and Swerve got over with the fans at the right moment.

TK doesn’t know how to effectively pivot when plans have to change.

Organic Trees

Go Cavs! #LetEmKnow
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland born & raised
I've been saying this for years about Tony Khan. Dude doesn't have any creativity inside his brain whatsoever.

Dustin Rhodes becoming Goldust took him to an entirely different level
Cactus Jack becoming Mankind and then Dude Love before bringing Cactus back made him a bigger star
Mean Mark Callous becoming the Undertaker
Ted DiBiase becoming the Million Dollar Man
Curt Hennig becoming Mr Perfect

obviously there were some big swings and misses there but when you take chances like that, the hits are gonna be bigger. AEW never puts their "stamp" on a guy, even MJF was this exact same character in MLW and the indies. Same for OC and Darby and some of their other "success stories"
Their audience doesn’t want that. They prefer a Indy style of wrestling

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado

This, to me, is a more wild shirt design than the stupid dv shyt Britt had.
I'd argue Tony doesn't think that it's a problem. It can't be a dream match if the indy guy is now someone else completely. The sickos he's booking for dont want indie guys repackaged, they just want them on a larger platform.

Last edited:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
IMO, TK never intended for Swerve to be AEW champion. MJF and Adam Cole got hurt and Swerve got over with the fans at the right moment.

TK doesn’t know how to effectively pivot when plans have to change.

by the time he put the belt on Swerve the fans had already found their new favorite action figure in Will Ospreay

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Their audience doesn’t want that. They prefer a Indy style of wrestling
I mean, they say that but then turn around and call Toni Storm the best gimmick in wrestling (which she actually is one of)

They also love Oranges character..

I think AEW’s die hards are a lot more open to shyt than we think. They might think they’re against WWE style characters and storytelling, but the reality is they aren’t. Look how excited they get when WWE guys make that jump. They aren’t against WWE’s presentation, they just hate WWE itself and aren’t being honest about it

:pachaha:

The AEW superfans who think all that bloodline shyt sucks, clown Jey’s in ring skills etc. would be throwing up 1’s if Roman’s music hit on Dynamite and he came from behind that curtain with Jey and Jimmy