TONY KHAN STINKS! (TK ⛷️❄️ BINGES ON OFFER FROM WBD; WEMBLEY TURNSTILE COUNT = 46K 😢; DYNAMITE NO MILLION WATCH: 575 DAYS/82 WEEKS)

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego

Translation:
"There was no bidding war for me. WWE only offered me $7.50/hr, so I went back to AEW and hustled Tony Khan for more of his daddy's money."

At what point will they realize this little “where the best wrestle” tag line they keep trying to emphasize doesn’t appeal to anyone but the hardcore mark fanbase they already have? Where the best wrestle isn’t going to be enough for them. :yeshrug:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
At what point will they realize this little “where the best wrestle” tag line they keep trying to emphasize doesn’t appeal to anyone but the hardcore mark fanbase they already have? Where the best wrestle isn’t going to be enough for them. :yeshrug:
Great point.
We're an American fanbase. In most cases, we don't care about the wrestling itself, we care about who is wrestling whom. We want to know WHY these two guys want to kill each other, what led up to their beef, and what the fallout will be.
The "wrestling" is the cake that Tony Khan is trying to sell. His problem is that the fans don't want that cake without the frosting, the decorations, the candles, and everything else that American style wrestling usually delivers.
You can't sell wrestling to an American fanbase without good characters and good stories, period.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado

HHH nightmare too apparently.

Translation:
"There was no bidding war for me. WWE only offered me $7.50/hr, so I went back to AEW and hustled Tony Khan for more of his daddy's money."

He doesn't look like he believe what he's saying. What the fukk is this leather jacket bullshyt he's doing now?

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
And plus you can’t use that tagline when you putting MFs like Jack Cartwheel and all them other random bums on tv every week
Don't forget Jacked Jameson

AEW-9-1140x570.jpeg

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Don't forget Jacked Jameson

AEW-9-1140x570.jpeg
I never knew that guys name, but I've seen him on Collision. He has a good look, and he can talk. If Tony Khan put even a little effort into that guy's character, he could be a solid midcarder (I've never seen him wrestle, so add a grain of salt).
My point is that guys like LA Knight, Joe Hendry, and Lexis King aren't great grapplers, but they got over because somebody gave a damn about their presentations.
I guarantee you, if Shawn Michaels had Jacked Jameson in NXT, we'd all be fans of the guy.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
I never knew that guys name, but I've seen him on Collision. He has a good look, and he can talk. If Tony Khan put even a little effort into that guy's character, he could be a solid midcarder (I've never seen him wrestle, so add a grain of salt).
My point is that guys like LA Knight, Joe Hendry, and Lexis King aren't great grapplers, but they got over because somebody gave a damn about their presentations.
I guarantee you, if Shawn Michaels had Jacked Jameson in NXT, we'd all be fans of the guy.
I literally just saw the name and thought this would be a funny thing to post. :yeshrug:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I said similar about Jack Cartwheel after his match. Gave dude a 10 minute match on national tv and we never heard from him before or after that :russ:

He showed some talent. More than Jungle Boy has for sure.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Timestamped

This is exactly how I feel about Swerve (and I'm not his biggest fan)...they are booking AROUND him, like he's in the way

I won't even bump my thread on this subject

I thought the whole "first black champion" thing fell flat for several reasons, that's still not an excuse for this weird booking

When MJF was champ it was rightfully the MJF show