[Tom Henderson] PS5 Pro specs and release window details (codenamed Trinity, 30WGPs, 18000mts memory speed, November 2024 target)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
For the record there has been no official confirmation or pr about marketing this as an 8k device so its weird to get hung up on that detail

L Ray

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Glass city
Day 1 for me if the bots don't beat me to it :francis:. I'll give my kids the og ps5, I struggle to play on the 4 with them, the loading times drive me fukking nuts :picard:

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
8k:laff:

Damn they think console gamers are dumb as shyt :laff:
motherfukkers can barely do 1080p- 2k 60fps on so called performance mode .smh,, but that is what hype and trailers are for

Screenshot-20230721-162741.png

Even funnier when u consider that these tv manufacturers have all but abandoned making 8k TV's :wow:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
ya'll keep falling for the okie doke every gen..good grief, gaming consumers are the woat......the 1000 is an over exaggeration lol but gamers are soo easily ripped off a couple of YT vids from reviewers and its ova....Sony knew they were shipping an under power system with OG ps5, they just hold back to re-sell u the same shyt again and then 2 years after ps6 is out lol
I'm not falling for anything. And I'm not sold on buying anything. The PS5 isn't under powered. And if a Pro console exists, it wouldn't be a minimal upgrade going by what's in the OP. Don't care about whatever else you gotta say. :manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm not falling for anything. And I'm not sold on buying anything. The PS5 isn't under powered. And if a Pro console exists, it wouldn't be a minimal upgrade going by what's in the OP. Don't care about whatever else you gotta say. :manny:

Its only funny cause they know they gonna cop :yeshrug:

They just hate that they have to

L Ray

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Glass city
I'll repeat my stance from other threads relating to this topic. I don't like the idea of mid-gen refresh consoles. It will result in less optimized games for the base consoles from 3rd party developers.

Devs already have enough SKUs to make games for. Xbox X|S, PS5 and min - max spec PCs. Adding additional platforms to optimize for while not increasing resources (engineering team size, QA team size), means all platforms get less attention.

Plus, it doesn't matter how much power you give developers, they will find ways to run games at poorly frame paced 30fps with uneven 60fps modes. The problem with games like Star Wars Jedi Survivor and FF16 performance mode isn't the power of the consoles (or PCs) they run on. The issues are that they have issues deeply ingrained in their engines that bottleneck performance in their rendering pipeline. These games also were most likely targeting 30fps from the start. So they try to use cheap and easy solutions (FSR 2) to crawl back performance. The more power you give, the less efficient devs become.

I don't have any faith in most developers to handle something like this gracefully.

Rant over.

While I will buy the Pro, I agree with this. We would need an industry reset where FPS take demand over fidelity. Even with more powerful consoles, all they will do is push graphical demands and frames will suffer.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
A number of games can’t even do 60fps, and actual native 4K. Y’all think there will be games that will even be capable of performing up to those supposed specs? :mjlol:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
A number of games can’t even do 60fps, and actual native 4K. Y’all think there will be games that will even be capable of performing up to those supposed specs? :mjlol:
For indies that are super easy to run, they can probably hit 8K. Modern graphics on AAA games, no way.

I have a 4090, and that shyt isn’t doing 8K on modern games. No way. 8K is overkill anyway. On normal sized TVs and monitors, I doubt anybody could tell the difference between 8K and 4K, unless using a magnifying glass on the screen. Now super ultra wide 8K is different because of the aspect ratio, but that only applies to PCs and pc monitors.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Why y’all acting slow. Console prolly be 500 bucks.

If you got a current ps5 you can sell it for prolly 3-4 hundred on FB marketplace or Craigslist

Repeat when ps6 comes out.

Yep, they acting brand new like they don’t constantly dump more money into pc’s every other year.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Get your weight up? Watch your mouth cornball. 2 PS5's ain't "get your weight up" money, and if it is to you then congratulations, you played yourself.

Imma just wait for the Slim Pro.

Use excuses people used to use back in the day to cover for not having the cash on hand to buy the shyt they supposedly want, brehs.

You're right, two PS5s isn't a TON of money, but only one of us is out here talking about Broke Boy Gaming. :hubie:

BBG

Superstar
Daps
Use excuses people used to use back in the day to cover for not having the cash on hand to buy the shyt they supposedly want, brehs.

You're right, two PS5s isn't a TON of money, but only one of us is out here talking about Broke Boy Gaming. :hubie:
Man, you sure got me there.