[Tom Henderson] PS5 Pro specs and release window details (codenamed Trinity, 30WGPs, 18000mts memory speed, November 2024 target)

BBG

Superstar
Daps
That tweet shows a pro slim, I'm assuming that's just the one with the detachable drive idk? Whatever the one that comes next year is what I'll get

"As mentioned on my Twitter account, I currently have no information on the PlayStation 5 Slim rumours. As reported via Insider Gaming, a new PlayStation 5 with a detachable disc drive is expected to launch later this year. It’s understood that this isn’t a slim version and is set to completely replace the existing PlayStation 5."

Actually, if this comes out later this year, I'll just jump on that.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
FF16 at 120fps at 8k :blessed:
Even 2x Performance boost ain't no way. Jumping resolutions to 2x the pixels on the screen does not mean it will only take 2x Performance to do so.
Also the current ps5 can't even do 4k 60fps on Performance mode for ff 16
Ain't no way 120 fps at 8k will be possible on a console until maybe 2 console gens from now

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Unsure how I want to feel about this because I feel we haven't had enough games that made me feel this is next gen. However, it seems these consoles are underpowered with the way FF16 was running and Starfield coming in at 30fps. I will probably cave in and buy a PS5 Pro, but I hope next gen these consoles can start strong out of the gate. I think there's room to do that if they make the disc drive optional because console gamers are shifting more towards digital

Balla

Superstar
Daps
How this shyt work? I trade in my PS5 and they give me bread to buy the new shyt?

How much you think they’ll give?

I hope this shyt ain’t hard to get like the PS5.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Even 2x Performance boost ain't no way. Jumping resolutions to 2x the pixels on the screen does not mean it will only take 2x Performance to do so.
Also the current ps5 can't even do 4k 60fps on Performance mode for ff 16
Ain't no way 120 fps at 8k will be possible on a console until maybe 2 console gens from now

giphy.gif

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
idiots ready spill put damn near a 1000 for minimal upgrades
Near $1k? This thing wouldn't cost over $500. And if the numbers in the op are real, it would be much more than a minimal upgrade. That 8k talk is just talk, though. No developer would waste resources on a native 8k resolution.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Near $1k? This thing wouldn't cost over $500. And if the numbers in the op are real, it would be much more than a minimal upgrade. That 8k talk is just talk, though. No developer would waste resources on a native 8k resolution.
ya'll keep falling for the okie doke every gen..good grief, gaming consumers are the woat......the 1000 is an over exaggeration lol but gamers are soo easily ripped off a couple of YT vids from reviewers and its ova....Sony knew they were shipping an under power system with OG ps5, they just hold back to re-sell u the same shyt again and then 2 years after ps6 is out lol

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I'll repeat my stance from other threads relating to this topic. I don't like the idea of mid-gen refresh consoles. It will result in less optimized games for the base consoles from 3rd party developers.

Devs already have enough SKUs to make games for. Xbox X|S, PS5 and min - max spec PCs. Adding additional platforms to optimize for while not increasing resources (engineering team size, QA team size), means all platforms get less attention.

Plus, it doesn't matter how much power you give developers, they will find ways to run games at poorly frame paced 30fps with uneven 60fps modes. The problem with games like Star Wars Jedi Survivor and FF16 performance mode isn't the power of the consoles (or PCs) they run on. The issues are that they have issues deeply ingrained in their engines that bottleneck performance in their rendering pipeline. These games also were most likely targeting 30fps from the start. So they try to use cheap and easy solutions (FSR 2) to crawl back performance. The more power you give, the less efficient devs become.

I don't have any faith in most developers to handle something like this gracefully.

Rant over.