[Tom Henderson] PS5 Pro specs and release window details (codenamed Trinity, 30WGPs, 18000mts memory speed, November 2024 target)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
PS5-Pro-croquis.jpg

Official name: No surprises here, as we now know for certain that the console will indeed be called "PS5 Pro".
PS5 Pro design: We were able to obtain a visual of the front of the new console's final packaging. This gave us an idea of the PS5 Pro's final design, which has never been leaked before. For copyright reasons, we won't be able to share this visual. However, you can see below a sketch we drew illustrating the design of the PS5 Pro.

The design is very similar to that of the PS5 Slim. The console's exterior is the same white color. 2 USB-C ports and the power button will also be present on the console's front panel. The first difference to be noticed from our sketch is the presence of three black stripes in the middle of the PS5 Pro's exterior. However, the type of front panel remains similar to that of the PS5 Slim. And we imagine that it will be possible to re-use the replacement front panels designed for the PS5 Slim.
No disc drive?
Unfortunately, we're not quite sure about this yet. After all, the visual we have is of a PS5 Pro without a disc drive. However, and even if we don't think this will be the case, we're not aware of the existence of an edition with a disc drive. Although it will undoubtedly be possible to affix a disc drive (as with the PS5 Slim), we think this is more a commercial choice on Sony's part, in order to launch this console onto the market at a competitive price by reducing the cost of the (optional for some) presence of a disc drive.
Announcement date: Although Sony's plans can change at any time, the PS5 Pro will be announced very soon. We expect the announcement to be made in the first half of September 2024.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gamers will be enabling further practices of this magnitude by enabling this type of behavior.

I hope it flops for this and many other reasons.
Just curious about this logic, why would this be a bad thing? We have people pouring over pixels and complaining of framerates e.g. Black Myth Wukong and other performance modes in games being bad so why is a pro model refresh seen as a bad thing to you guys? This would be like the Xbox one X or the PS4 Pro which helped resolved some technical issues and brought improvements to hold people over until the next generation.

No stannery just interested in your view.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Just curious about this logic, why would this be a bad thing? We have people pouring over pixels and complaining of framerates e.g. Black Myth Wukong and other performance modes being bad so why is a pro model refresh seen as a bad thing to you guys? No stannery just interested in your view.
Because the disk drive should be included with the console, but Sony knows that stans are going to support the company and their practices anyways.

There’s no reason why it shouldn’t be included other than money especially if they increase the price of the console even without it.

They’ll continue stripping things away things that have always came with the console in the name of money.

I think you’re getting confused about why we’re saying what we’re saying.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Because the disk drive should be included with the console, but Sony knows that stans are going to support the company and their practices anyways.

There’s no reason why it shouldn’t be included other than money especially if they increase the price of the console even without it.

They’ll continue stripping things away things that have always came with the console in the name of money.

Most people are buying digital nowadays. They see the trends/numbers and it ain't close. Even buying games now at retail stores, they don't give you the disc. You get a damn code to download. shyt is goofy. A case with a code inside. :martin:

I'm giving my sons my OG PS5 when the Pro drops and I haven't bought a disc game in years since I do digital to gameshare between me and my sons.

If the goal is to keep the price low to push more units, then this is what will be done. :yeshrug:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Most people are buying digital nowadays. They see the trends/numbers and it ain't close. Even buying games now at retail stores, they don't give you the disc. You get a damn code to download. shyt is goofy. A case with a code inside. :martin:

I'm giving my sons my OG PS5 when the Pro drops and I haven't bought a disc game in years since I do digital to gameshare between me and my sons.

If the goal is to keep the price low to push more units, then this what will be done. :yeshrug:
The goal at the end of the day is to make money and they’re going to keep testing gamers patience and wallets as long as y’all allow it.

Like I said in the controversial opinion thread, y’all gamers are the exact reason why the industry is in the current state it’s in with the practices y’all allow.