Tom Hanks’ son Chet: I didn’t have a ‘strong male role model’ growing up

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
:mjlol: Yeah he doesn't sound spoiled, obnoxious and entitled at all :francis:
I mean he’s right though. All these athletes and entertainers really believe they are being good parents while they are never home and probably could care less about family time when they get there. Being raised by nannies instead of your parents. Dad not being home for any type of real man talks or to teach you how to navigate. You see him more on TV than at home. Probably cheating on your mom. No bonds being made.

What, besides his acting in movies, makes you believe Hanks was a good dad? Reminds me of Nick Cannon. “He’s rich. He can have as many kids as he wants.”

No amount of money makes up for asking when is your daddy gonna come visit, every night

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wonder what happened to make him look at his father as so emasculated :laff:

His mom's probably wears the pants or something :hhh:
He’s talking just to talk.
Watched the whole video. He said alot of real shyt. It sucks the only part thats "trending" or that people are talking about is that one sentence
Nothing he said in that video was “real” by any stretch of the imagination. Embarrassing that you’re even defending this bullshyt. :mjlol:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Because his other 3 children are well adjusted and aren’t making an ass of themselves. 3/4 means good parenting in my books. :yeshrug:
Not making an ass of yourself doesn't mean your dad was a strong male role model... I can show you a lot of nice, well mannered people and their parents were completely fukked up.

How you even a strong role model when you're on location shooting movies half the year and doing press the other half?

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
But, I get how he feel tho. Must be hard growing up in that household with THAT last name…but he comes across like an arrogant rich prick. :yeshrug:
I would say his first name is what fukked him up. "Yeah, let's call him Chet."

Dude never had a chance. :mjcry:

:russ:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Not making an ass of yourself doesn't mean your dad was a strong male role model... I can show you a lot of nice, well mannered people and their parents were completely fukked up.

How you even a strong role model when you're on location shooting movies half the year and doing press the other half?
Why do you never hear anything negative about him from his three other children? If two of them said questionable things about their dad, then they would have a point.

One black sheep in the family isn’t a poor reflection of parenting. He’s just a typical spoiled rich kid with no purpose, so like a bytch, he takes it out on his dad. That’s some ho shyt. I would never in a million years disrespect my dad, let alone doing it publicly.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: Yeah he doesn't sound spoiled, obnoxious and entitled at all :francis:
Exactly, even considering any familial issues related to Tom not being present; openly disrespecting your father like that isn’t productive and to me, adds to Chet’s reputation of being an ass.