Tom Cruise back at it again! Official Edge of Tomorrow Thread

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
It was obvious why it flopped, dumb ass people probably sat in the audience like :dwillhuh: zoned out when they got to the time manipulation shyt. Then they went home and told their friends it doesn't make any sense.

The average person is WILD dumb. I remember a few years ago people at work was talking about "Cabin In The Woods" saying the whole movie should've been the red-neck-slasher part. They bounced like 30 minutes into the movie because it didn't make sense to them.

Fred.
Completely disagree.

It opened poorly because tom cruise isnt as big of a star as he once was, domestically anyway. And the marketing was ass. The trailers made the movie look like shyt.

The film opened to 30 million and managed to crawl over a 100 million. In this day and age thats incredible. Movies are extremely front loaded. This movie had tremendous word of mouth which lead to it having legs and going from a flop to doing respectably. People loved this movie and spread the word.

Really it just boils down to the marketing. Marketing/trailers are an art unto themselves. It can make an undeserving movie like cloverfield into a box office smash, and cause a brilliant film like fight club to flop.

Last edited:

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
very entertaining film

wish i saw it in the cinema now as it definitely needed a big screen. Oblivion was the reason i slept on it

the ending is the only weak part

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Just finished watching it...

Don't get why people didn't like the ending. I got it and it was dope

the first time he got reset it was from the blood of the alpha or some shyt. That blood resets the day in a continuous loop. At the end when he killed the queen or whatever, the queens blood got in him and it was able to reset his conscious back further.. but the queen stayed dead. The queen was special because even though he was resetting, the queen still knew what he was doing and was able to counter/adapt so even though Cruise kept resetting himself the queen was doing the same thing and that's why the aliens kept winning.

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
Just finished watching this movie. Awesome, really enjoyed it. Cruise killed it, emily blunt killed it, and Doug Liman killed it. Good movie, very enjoyable.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Completely disagree.

It opened poorly because tom cruise isnt as big of a star as he once was, domestically anyway. And the marketing was ass. The trailers made the movie look like shyt.

The film opened to 30 million and managed to crawl over a 100 million. In this day and age thats incredible. Movies are extremely front loaded. This movie had tremendous word of mouth which lead to it having legs and going from a flop to doing respectably. People loved this movie and spread the word.

Really it just boils down to the marketing. Marketing/trailers are an art unto themselves. It can make an undeserving movie like cloverfield into a box office smash, and cause a brilliant film like fight club to flop.

I didn't bother to see it because of the trailer. it looked like another generic sci-fi.. BUT Tom Cruise has a good track record with sci-fi movies so I should've gave it a chance. it was definitely better than the trailer would have led people to believe.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The movie failed because of the marketing, pure and simple. It's because of word of mouth that the movie actually managed to make it to 100 million despite its low opening.

The problem with the marketing besides the incredibly generic an unappealing title Edge Of Tomorrow is that the trailers made the movie look so damn serious. They only focused on the high science concept with some lame indie electronic music, failing to completely show off that the movie actually has some good comedy in it and funny characters (like why didn't I know Bill Paxton was in this being hilarious as fukk until I sat in the theaters watching the movie?). This movie was killed by the people who were supposed to sell it.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
40 minutes into this piff :blessed:

Last movie I caught was Looper :win:

:whew:
this and looper are 2 of my fav flicks of the past few years

didnt dl the rip cuz i wanna wait til the blu like the old days

Last edited:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
:wtf: I just watched this yesterday and can't understand how this didn't do better, this shyt was pretty good.
cuz the people finally agree with me, tom cruise is not convincing in action roles.... + it wasnt comic book related/sequel. i'm bout to watch it cuz of the sci-fi elements tho

A.V.

reTIreMEnt: THE ALBUM (01/22) ALL DSPs
Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
Someone plz PM me the best place to catch this shyt online...My link went down :to: an HOUR into the movie :damn: +reps/daps/protection given :salute: