Tom Cruise back at it again! Official Edge of Tomorrow Thread

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
The day resets every time he dies, so he's not actually a good soldier. His first time on the battle field he doesn't even know how to take his gun off safety....but since he can reset the day he knows where to shoot the next day. Die enough times and he can run across the battlefield like :yeshrug: killing everything in sight without even looking.

Fred.
true. i'm not shytting on the movie, or the premise. i just dont fukk with tom cruise in action movies. i'ma watch it eventually. but to me, tom cruise in a movie is a negative, or a neutral aspect to a movie.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
true. i'm not shytting on the movie, or the premise. i just dont fukk with tom cruise in action movies. i'ma watch it eventually. but to me, tom cruise in a movie is a negative, or a neutral aspect to a movie.
Taking all that into account I think you'll like the movie. It doesn't sell him as an action hero. He's a pencil pusher. Dude spends the first half of the movie like :why::whoa: at the idea of fighting, and does literally anything to weasel his way out of going to the front lines. He dies a fukk ton of times, some are :mjlol: before he becomes "the man".

Fred.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Taking all that into account I think you'll like the movie. It doesn't sell him as an action hero. He's a pencil pusher. Dude spends the first half of the movie like :why::whoa: at the idea of fighting, and does literally anything to weasel his way out of going to the front lines. He dies a fukk ton of times, some are :mjlol: before he becomes "the man".

Fred.
thats the only reason i think i'll dig it...tom cruise gets murdered a lot :pachaha:

:demonic:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
I think Oblivion really hurt this movie. I remember watching the trailer online with a co-worker months before the release, and we both were like "Tom Cruise in another sci-fi/action film :yawn:". So there's definitely fatigue.

With that said, it was a top 3 summer 2014 film imo and did good overseas.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Saw it the other day

Its OK but nikkas overrated the fukk outta this one

I was expecting some near classic shyt the way people were talking about it but I felt disappointed when it was over

6.7/10