Tom Cruise back at it again! Official Edge of Tomorrow Thread

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Just finished watching it and damn this was really fukking good. I was very surprised and Emily Blunt's sexy ass with her natural Brit accent had me smitten throughout. Don't know why this flopped but I will definitely be buying this on blu ray.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just finished watching it and damn this was really fukking good. I was very surprised and Emily Blunt's sexy ass with her natural Brit accent had me smitten throughout. Don't know why this flopped but I will definitely be buying this on blu ray.

It was obvious why it flopped, dumb ass people probably sat in the audience like :dwillhuh: zoned out when they got to the time manipulation shyt. Then they went home and told their friends it doesn't make any sense.

The average person is WILD dumb. I remember a few years ago people at work was talking about "Cabin In The Woods" saying the whole movie should've been the red-neck-slasher part. They bounced like 30 minutes into the movie because it didn't make sense to them.

Fred.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
It was obvious why it flopped, dumb ass people probably sat in the audience like :dwillhuh: zoned out when they got to the time manipulation shyt. Then they went home and told their friends it doesn't make any sense.

The average person is WILD dumb. I remember a few years ago people at work was talking about "Cabin In The Woods" saying the whole movie should've been the red-neck-slasher part. They bounced like 30 minutes into the movie because it didn't make sense to them.

Fred.

To be fair though, I actually got what Cabin in the Woods was trying to do, but I hated it. Still, I think you're right about why Edge of Tomorrow flopped. Also, I don't think people even gave it a chance because they have Tom Cruise/action hero fatigue, and his last one before this bombed.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
To be fair though, I actually got what Cabin in the Woods was trying to do, but I hated it.

That's not the same thing though. You can't bounce 30 minutes into a movie and say:

1. It should really be what it's trying to parody.
2. It doesn't make sense because again, you've only seen 30 minutes of it.

When I explained what the movie was actually about they were completely lost. I might as well have explained it to a turtle.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Source code X titanfall

Neither of those are unique either though. "X-Files" even had an episode ("Monday") where they repeated the same day and died over and over.

This movie kinda put it's own twist on it with them killing an Alpha also resetting the day.

Fred.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
bout to download and watch this...been waiting to check this out after I missed it in theaters...and with the xbox one supporting mkv's now......:wow: