Tom Cruise back at it again! Official Edge of Tomorrow Thread

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
You don't think it's important for a trailer to communicate the basic premise of the movie it's trying to sell?

Here's what I think most people gathered from the trailer

- Tom Cruise
- Future
- Mech suits
- He has to keep dying for some reason
- Emily Blunt

Not surprising to see why it wasn't box office gold.
All you need to sell the movie is mech suits action and tom cruise. Their marketing department just failed.

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
Knew this was gonna flop when the theater I watched it in Saturday night was half empty.

nikkas on here gotta stop calling this a great movie though. It's a decent action flick with some funny moments, but it was far from great and there was nothing special at all about this movie.

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Tom Cruise needs to do something to repair his image. I would even fake like I left that cult if it would help.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
I don't think the trailers did a good job showing what the movie was about
\

Sure as fukk didn't. I watched it on several different occasions and was still lost. I was told it was good though and I have to see it.

But I definitely knew it wouldn't beat the fault in our stars. Didn't think it'd do worse than maleficent though which is in its second week.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
They took a "basic" storyline that should've received a smaller budget, hired Tome Cruise, got big eyes and increased the budget.

most of the budget went to paying for tom cruise's services no doubt

http://newsone.com/2583084/after-earth-movie/

once again After Earth was number in the foreign box office as well, but it seems more people came out to celebrate the flop more than cape for it having success overseas

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
A flop is a flop opinions dont change that
What do you mean? Why the fukk would I care if something is considered a financial flop? It's a good movie. Some of my favorite movies ever would be considered "flops". There is also a huge difference in this situation because Edge of Tomorrow is going to make a lot of money through DVD sales

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What do you mean? Why the fukk would I care if something is considered a financial flop? It's a good movie. Some of my favorite movies ever would be considered "flops". There is also a huge difference in this situation because Edge of Tomorrow is going to make a lot of money through DVD sales

I didnt say you cared but you obviously do because you brought up foreign numbers

I was merely pointing out the contrast of thus between the gleeful celebration of will smiths financial flop

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
the trailers dont get you hyped at all, i knew it would flop

It looks too similar to Oblivion which was meh and too recent

Cruise is falling off unfortunately. MI is holding him up luckily