Tom Cruise back at it again! Official Edge of Tomorrow Thread

Vonte3000

Chance 3 :wow: :blessed:
Daps
Reppin
Darien Ga
men lie, women lie, numbers dont :troll:

and now that you quoted it, :whoo: spiderman on them journeyman nba player contract numbers

i hate it had to be him :to:
I don't fukk with the new Spider Man, only movie I care about is Godzilla and I already know it's getting a sequel and EOT was a stand alone movie anyway so it's done the job it needed to

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
the trailers made it look very generic. initially put me off to the flick

plus the name change.."All you have is kill" sounds INFINITELY cooler than "edge of tomorrow".. thats soo generic.. this movie deserves to do better at the box office

it got great reviews, but reviews mean absolutely nothing to the average moviegoer, so i place all the blame on the advertising team.

Vonte3000

Chance 3 :wow: :blessed:
Daps
Reppin
Darien Ga
the trailers made it look very generic. initially put me off to the flick

plus the name change.."All you have is kill" sounds INFINITELY cooler than "edge of tomorrow".. thats soo generic.. this movie deserves to do better at the box office

it got great reviews, but reviews mean absolutely nothing to the average moviegoer, so i place all the blame on the advertising team.
"All you need is kill" sounded dumb as hell to me, but it got me interested enough to do research on it

curz

Don of all Dons
Daps
Reppin
Dade
Its being outsold by the biggest family movie of the year, how is this surprising?

That Fault of our Stars shyt being #1 is shocking though

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I think the original title fit the movie a lot better. You look at the marketing and it makes it look like a pretty serious humorless movie, which it really isn't. Also maybe people were still soured because of Oblivion.
expanding on your second point, possible audience fatigue with tom cruise.. he's had a LOT of projects the past 3 years by his standards.. he used to do one a year and sometimes even take year(s) breaks.. since mission impossible ghost protocol in 2011, he came out with jack reacher..and then like 3 months later oblivion..and now this joint.. not to mention that rock of ages movie in between. but again the shytty marketing with his somewhat excessive recent outpout of almost all action movies.