Tom Cruise back at it again! Official Edge of Tomorrow Thread

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Van Helsing :mjlol:

PTA the gawd needs to swoop in and give him a proper role. Magnolia is still his best performance

Although I'm not sure how well The Master would've been received by Cruise :patrice:

But I think he needs to work with some strong directors. He's working with 7/10 cats like Doug Liman, Chris McQuarrie and whatever chump directed Oblivion.

Previously he's worked with PTA, Kubrick, Scorsese, Cameron Crowe, Spielberg. He needs a proper auteur to give him direction and stop just chasing box office numbers.
im guessing after the master, tom and PTA wont be on good terms

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
There was a time if anyone opened against Tom they would of gotten slaughtered. Tom lost cause these "Young Adult" novels are making Bank at the Box Office. Also Angelina Jolie is killing it with that Disney "Sleeping Beauty" remake movie. With that said, Tom murdered the Worldwide Box Office:

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $28,760,246 20.6%
+ Foreign: $111,000,000 79.4%
= Worldwide: $139,760,246

Worldwide it's killing it. The biggest issue with "Edge of Tomorrow" is they spent way to much. 178 Million production budget. This should of been 85-100 million tops. But once you watch the movie you see where all the budget went. The Effects were crazy good in this. Tom needs to start taking a lower salary and backend box office points instead of getting what he always gets. Tom salary is one of the reasons the budget balloned. Also This film is based off a Japanese Manga.

If you are adapted a Manga sadly box office has proven to be shaky. Fans of the Manga can be very critical of American Adaptations. But "Edge of Tomorrow" followed the "All you need is kill" manga damn near perfectly. So Props to them. I thought the movie was great too by the way. Pure Sci-Fi. The movie will make close to 100 Million Domestic but it will make over 400 Million Worldwide so it will gross close to 500 Million so it will be a success. But it's clear outside of the "Mission Impossible" Franchise, Tom isn't the biggest draw in the U.S. anymore. His personal life sadly has affected his box office since the couch jumping fiasco.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
That Fault in Our Stars bullshyt made almost all of its money in the first 48 hours of its release; by Saturday its take had dropped by over 50%. So unless those crying white girls go out in droves next week to see it again it will fall off the radar.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Still haven't seen this movie despite all the positive word of mouth because the trailer looks so generic. They should've invested in a trailer showing more of the action or aliens or something to sell it other than just the concept.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Still haven't seen this movie despite all the positive word of mouth because the trailer looks so generic. They should've invested in a trailer showing more of the action or aliens or something to sell it other than just the concept.
Word of mouth is the best marketing tool out there. That's why I believe it will ultimately be successful. I'm going again tonight for 5$ Tuesday's with some friends

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Man EOT is gonna have to make a killing internationally...it's marketing was through the roof about a month before it came out...

I think people are just tired of Tom Cruise...hell I'm a Cruiseaholic and I'm tired of him...

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
damn shame smh....i guess im a better judge when it comes to trailers cuz i knew it was gonna be dope :yeshrug:...it is true a lot of ppl didnt see it because of the promo for it tho....my bro actually didnt go see it cuz his girl said it didnt look interesting :rudy::snoop: @etrofllenrod504
I gotta recover now trying tto watch it before the weekend lol

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
This is exactly what I'm thinking. I've never heard about this or seen a single advertisement about it. How could it be No.1 in the Nation?
Women hold alot of power in terms of a target audience, they bring their boyfriends and such. Going to be a massive economic fall off for that movie m EOT will be more consistent because word of mouth is spreading.

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Trailers left a lot to be desired. Looked a sci-fi Ground Hog Day.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
i dont buy that public image stuff

nobody even is thinking of tom like that. i aint watchin the trailer for mission impossible thinking "man this looks dope, but that scientology shyt tho:patrice:"

it was just marketed poorly. and probably a bit of tom oversaturation, especially with these types of movies

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This is exactly what I'm thinking. I've never heard about this or seen a single advertisement about it. How could it be No.1 in the Nation?

I said it before so I'll say it again: We aren't the target market for it. It's based on a bestselling book and it appeals to teens and women and fans of the book, so once you target them and hit them and get them into a fervor, you win. Simple as that. plus the people who were fans heard the good word of mouth so of course they came out to see it.