Today is the 9th anniversary of Uncle Phil becoming head of Xbox. Get in here and show respect for this legend.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When the entire camera perspective and pacing of the game is changed. Those changes become more than just “visual” It’s not like they just used a different art style:comeon:

And the games do sacrifice gameplay for those cinematic changes. One example is the close over the shoulder camera leads to being hit from off screen or having to use those indicator arrows to tell you when somebody is gonna swing at you. Another example is depth perception is more difficult with a close over the shoulder perspective so attacks have to be more “sticky” to compensate for your own lack of perspective, therefore positioning becomes less important in a fight. Those are just two examples but there are more.

Also there IS a limited “cache” of game that can be made. If you are gonna render the characters outfit down to the individual thread cause the camera is gonna be all close up on them for cinematic angles, then you are probably not gonna be able to have a large variety of outfits/armor in the game. Or if you are gonna have all this amazing dense detail in your environments, then you are probably gonna have to cut back on traversal options(which sony said themselves with Horizon)
:russ:

This nikka has never even played God of War Ragnarok .:laff:

You didn't even know the game had more than two weapons in the game a few days ago :laff:.

Now this guy is talking about "Depth perception" and less armor because of graphics. There's damn near 30 armor sets in the game compared to literally NONE in the previous games because there was no armor/XP system :mjlol:

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That’s just the deflection y’all run to when you have nothing else to say.

Naw, its just after a while the euphoria of talking about games wears off and we realize we’re arguing with people who have no clue what they’re talking about.

You haven’t put in the work to have this discussion in good faith, it will always just come down to console wars with you, because you don’t have the same criticism with other games.

Hence you loving hogwarts but trying to shyt on games like Ghost of Tsushima or Horizon

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thats why i don’t bother. They will write entire dissertations about games they haven’t played.
Like, I don't talk about games without having played it.

Actually, there's only one game I've actively said I disliked and NEVER played it and you want to know what game it is?
*gasp*

iu

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Like, I don't talk about games without having played it.

Actually, there's only one game I've actively said I disliked and NEVER played it and you want to know what game it is?
*gasp*

I’ve actually played Days Gone, its garbage. You made a good choice :hubie:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Naw, its just after a while the euphoria of talking about games wears off and we realize we’re arguing with people who have no clue what they’re talking about.

You haven’t put in the work to have this discussion in good faith, it will always just come down to console wars with you, because you don’t have the same criticism with other games.

Hence you loving hogwarts but trying to shyt on games like Ghost of Tsushima or Horizon
No you just read through an emotional Sony stan lense, so anything other than abject praise for sony gsmes you get your panties in a bunch and wanna run in and defend.

If you actually paid attention to what i said about hogwarts. I said the game was just ok. Had i said about any sony game what i said about hogwarts y’all woulda hit your keyboard with great fervor to tell me how i was wrong and just making stuff up to shyt on the game.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Meach ain’t wrong about the camera. It definitely makes certain fights more difficult for no reason like the Berserker twins. :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
No you just read through an emotional Sony stan lense, so anything other than abject praise for sony gsmes you get your panties in a bunch and wanna run in and defend.

If you actually paid attention to what i said about hogwarts. I said the game was just ok. Had i said about any sony game what i said about hogwarts y’all woulda hit your keyboard with great fervor to tell me how i was wrong and just making stuff up to shyt on the game.

No, this is what you said

Hogwarts there are like a dozen different spells. All of which work differently from each other and all of which can be stacked or strategized for different outcomes.

And as the game goes on they throw different stuff at you you to force you to use those different strategies and outcomes.

And that goes on pretty much all the way to to end of the game.

In the first couple fights it was just “levioso” and spam the attack button.

By the end of the game i was doing elaborate combos where i could set up a whole room of like 8-10 enemies to die with one cast of “Avoda Cadabra”

There’s was a real sense of Progression and progressive difficulty. GOW don’t have that. Same weapons and strategies that get you through the first boss are the sales one you will use on the last.

Only come to find out you didn’t even play GOW. Another reason why arguing with you is pointless

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No, this is what you said

Only come to find out you didn’t even play GOW. Another reason why arguing with you is pointless
That’s specifically about the combat which i enjoyed.

Now go to the actual game thread and check it out :ohhh:

And i own and have played ragnarock. Which is why it know the game only has 2 weapons worth talking about. :stopitslime: