To understand why some Black men support Trump, start with Ice Cube (Opinion Piece)

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It really isn't, that's the problem. Any deeper discussions that might lead to Democrats in general or Kamala or Biden catching a stray are met with irrational concerns.

I wonder why? Could it have something to do with people trying to keep people from voting like 2016?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I wonder why? Could it have something to do with people trying to keep people from voting like 2016?
It's irrational to think our discussions here are going to effect anybody much less a significant # of people's vote. It's not, people are more stubborn and confident in their stances here for that to be a concern.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I've Cube's an idiot. Even the Trump kids are trolling him for getting played and nikkas in here talking about democrats.

The nikka did something stupid and now he's going to have to eat crow or fade to black.

:unimpressed:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I've Cube's an idiot. Even the Trump kids are trolling him for getting played and nikkas in here talking about democrats.

The nikka did something stupid and now he's going to have to eat crow or fade to black.

:unimpressed:
Ice Cube will be fine, he has as many people complimenting him as are putting him down.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Cardi B was literally an interviewer at the DNC. How you think someone wanting to have a policy discussion of merit is in any way the same as using a popular musician who is also a Bernie supporter to just babble for optics is beyond me.

I swear y'all say the dumbest fukking shyt like it's some type of gotcha. :mjlol:
I don’t do the gotcha chit. But joe Biden can talk to Cardi b. But Cube coming with some serious chit and naw we’ll holla at you later. Joe Biden need to be talking to anybody with some serious chit for and about black people.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ice Cube is in politics (met with the president's team), is a leader (has a lot of people speaking on him positively and 19 million IG followers), and is attempting to establish a contract for Black America. So not really. lol
"not really" what? I don't know what you're talking bout.
You said nobody should care about other's opinion on them. I simply said that stuff matters in politics and coalition building. Didn't say a word about Ice Cube, was just disagreeing with your point.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t do the gotcha chit. But joe Biden can talk to Cardi b. But Cube coming with some serious chit and naw we’ll holla at you later. Joe Biden need to be talking to anybody with some serious chit for and about black people.

How dare you ask any questions, Just Shut up and vote for Zaddy Biden. :troll:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
literally no other group stands to lose as much as black folks should the GOP remain in power.

I mean we weren't exactly winning under the Democrats either and this is definitely a result of not applying much pressure.

There's the expectation that yourself (if you're black), myself and many others will vote democrat "just because" leaving them to chase after
other groups.

We don't realize that tens of millions of people amounts to what is a powerful group of voters who could potentially sway how the Democratic party proceeds.
The argument shouldn't be stratified across bullshyt gender lines or accusations of "Racism" and realistically Kamala and Biden not only have a pretty terrible
track record in regards to systemic racism but they actively helped to reinforce with the policy they chose to get behind.

Neo-Liberalism IS NOT, CAN NOT and WILL NOT ever be good for Black People, it's time we put this shyt to bed.

They may have come across different than I alluded, but I wasn't sure based on our past discussions.

Anyway, I think a lot of contempt coming from the Cube situation is an extension of the emotional proximity many black Americans have experienced with racism.

My parents and grand parents share cropped, they lived through segregation, saw the beginning of integration and were direct active participants within the Civil rights movement.

As such the sentiment has always been, don't sacrifice your dignity trying to curry favor with racists. It almost never works out and almost always sets you back.

I don't get this.
Lincoln was a whole racist, THROUGH AND THROUGH.
He's celebrated to this day for freeing salves.

The racism angle isn't going to work especially if the policy that's being endorsed
on either side is inherently racist when one factors in the rampant systemic racism in this country.

Last edited:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I mean we weren't exactly winning under the Democrats either and this is definitely a result of not applying much pressure.

There's the expectation that yourself (if you're black), myself and many others will vote democrat "just because" leaving them to chase after
other groups.

We don't realize that tens of millions of people amounts to what is a powerful group of voters who could potentially sway how the Democratic party proceeds.
The argument shouldn't be stratified across bullshyt gender lines or accusations of "Racism" and realistically Kamala and Biden not only have a pretty terrible
track record in regards to systemic racism but they actively helped to reinforce with the policy they chose to get behind.

Neo-Liberalism IS NOT, CAN NOT and WILL NOT ever be good for Black People, it's time we put this shyt to bed.

I'm not voting for a dem president just because and I never have. I'm voting for a candidate with more progressive views than the current occupant of the white house, the bonus is it'll hopefully set back or at the very least slow down these racist agendas. I'm not saying joe biden is progressive but his policies are more progressive than the opposition.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Look at these cowards. Destroy a black man to protect an old white men who at best is friendly to the black community and at worse the architect of crime bill that devastated the community.

The community was devastated BEFORE the bill and honestly wouldn’t be that much further along with or without it.

I’m not caping for Joe, but I prefer a politician in office, poor policies and all. Trump isn’t fit to represent any thing or any one.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not voting for a dem president just because and I never have. I'm voting for a candidate with more progressive views than the current occupant of the white house, the bonus is it'll hopefully set back or at the very least slow down these racist agendas. I'm not saying joe biden is progressive but his policies are more progressive than the opposition.
I see where you're coming from btw, so what I've written below
isn't aimed at you breh.

That's the problem with this country though there's too much of a focus on flowery rhetoric and
idealism instead of real, hard tangible results from these elections and that's just for the American people.
I don't suspect we'll get any real change until the DNC isn't just republican-lite and we don't have to
settle for change as something which only happens incrementally.

Not to mention all of the other countries which will face their own special form of brutality under American imperialism.

All across this website we have two extremes which both operate on what realistically is ALL right wing.
You have out and out racists or supporters of open racists with the trump-ists on the coli.
Then you have the DINO's who don't want any real substantive change preferring the status quo
of previous decades that left entire cities and neighborhoods ravaged and desolate.

The big problem is both parties masquerade as "progressives" and ultimately look at progress as something
piece meal.

Black people do not need need incremental progress, obvious half measures, or the accepting of any previous
status quo.

We need a hard and fast 180, the sort of change that should've happened yesterday but for whatever reason our concerns
are quieted with "Oh, it'll come soon, just vote "left" (center-right to right in reality)".

The community was devastated BEFORE the bill and honestly wouldn’t be that much further along with or without it.

I’m not caping for Joe, but I prefer a politician in office, poor policies and all. Trump isn’t fit to represent any thing or any one.

Why do we need our sociopaths to be acceptable ?
What does that result in ?