To those of you buying stocks right now

Thethirdpew

Banned
Daps
I would stop buying stocks right now :francis:. I have a friend that works for Goldman Sachs in Japan and he told me that we're in for another drop in the stock market around late may and early June :yeshrug:. Breh explained to me how a lot of the baby boomers had their pensions/savings tied up in the market prior to February 2020. The market crashed around Feb 2020 and they panicked. This was followed by the artificial pump in the market that you are seeing now as the baby boomers are artificially pumping the stock market. Once certain stocks get to a certain price to where the baby boomers covered their losses expect a mass sell off that will make thhe stock market crash again. This crash will be a big one because the market will actually respond to all the bad news we got. Notice that a lot of the "too big to fail" companies actually went up the last two weeks (boeing and Ford come to mind) :jbhmm:. That is because a lot of those companies have share holders that are old white boomers that are looking to jump ship before the market crashes again. How do you jump ship if a crash is coming? You find new buyers. How do you find new buyers? You artificially pump the market. Whenever Trump reassures the nation that "things will go back to normal soon" the companies with baby boomer share holders go up as new naive buyers come in meanwhile these old white people are selling their stocks before this shyt comes crashing down again :mjlol:. This explains why the market hasn't been responding to all the bad news that are coming out such as record unemployment levels and all these COVID cases.

Last edited:

Thethirdpew

Banned
Daps
Unfortunately a large chunk of my stock holdings are in a 401k that 1) Cannot be liquidated until I leave the company and 2) has no non-equity investment options except a bond fund, and corporate bonds may be more fukked than equities in the financial meltdown we might be facing.
One of the main reasons I never touched a 401K was situations like this :hubie:. Roth IRA gang :banderas:. Sorry to break it to you but your 401k about to tank in the coming months :francis:.I wish you luck though.

Thethirdpew

Banned
Daps

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
I must say OP has a lot of logic. Right now there is a lot of people jumping in the market trying to get the dip and not realizing more pain is yet to come.

The one thing that wasn’t mentioned about why May and June will be bad for the market is that is when companies second quarter figures will start posting. Obviously those numbers will be spectacularly bad and the market should take a massive hit. Then the third quarter will post and there will be even more pain. Then the housing market will start to crash and even more pain. The roller coaster is just going over the edge folks.

Shoog Shatmi

All Star
Daps
One of the main reasons I never touched a 401K was situations like this :hubie:. Roth IRA gang :banderas:. I wish you luck though. Sorry to break it to you but your 401k about to tank in the coming months :francis:.
I've got a Roth too. 401ks are still a good idea to contribute up to your company's match, since you're up 100% for everything you put in.

Thethirdpew

Banned
Daps
That's why you trade options in times like these. Also, the fed is pumping a lot of money into the market which should keep it a float for some time. The fed is even thinking about buying ETFs, they seem to be desperate to re-inflate the bubble.
Especially right now with earnings season and all this volatility.People became millionaires off Amazon last week :wtf:.

Nature's Fury

addicts of drugs not yet synthesized
Daps
Matter of fact, Ford announced today that they would have at least 2 billion in losses and guess what happened? Their stocks went up and didn't come crashing down (like they should have):deadmanny:
Ford warns of $2 billion loss in first quarter due to coronavirus pandemic

Ford should be at 2 dollars a share right now :francis:

I’m one of those first timers who just started putting money into the market. I guess I’ll either take em out in May or put it into something long term and forget about it. I need to learn more anyway.

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
1929 crash, oil crisis, black Monday, dot-com bubble, 9/11, Housing bubble...

Dow+Long+Range+Trend+Graph.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You think the baby boomer generation is artificially pumping up the stock market right now? :mjlol:

its hedge funds and money managers that are buying the dip. Baby boomers arent trading in and out. They are holding steady with their 401ks. And they dont have nearly enough firepower to pump it up like that.

You think one guy who works for goldman knows whats going to happen and is going to be right? R u kidding me? Ask 500 so called professionals who work in the industry and youll get a wide variety of answers. Its always been that way.

You think that everyone wants to “cash out” just to “break even” when things go higher? Thats against human psychology.

The reason why the market isnt dropping on all this bad news is because its old information. Its already priced in. The stock market is a future looking indicator. As far as anyone can see. A month ago the future looked all black and dim.

With the gilead effective corona drug news and social distancing showing results, this is the “new news” the market is trading on.

can the market pullback from here and may have gotten a little ahead of itself? Of course.

the financial advice on this website lately has been :mindblown:

Last edited:

Thethirdpew

Banned
Daps
I must say OP has a lot of logic. Right now there is a lot of people jumping in the market trying to get the dip and not realizing more pain is yet to come.

The one thing that wasn’t mentioned about why May and June will be bad for the market is that is when companies second quarter figures will start posting. Obviously those numbers will be spectacularly bad and the market should take a massive hit. Then the third quarter will post and there will be even more pain. Then the housing market will start to crash and even more pain. The roller coaster is just going over the edge folks.

Crazy what he said about everyone tryna buy stocks nowadays. I noticed this when I started seeing a lot of "how to buy stocks" videos on my Tik Tok. That's when I knew we were in a bubble :mjlol:.