ChatGPT Brings Down Online Education Stocks. Chegg Loses 95%. Students Don’t Need It Anymore

OnlyOneBoss

Superstar
Daps
Critical thinking is endangered. AI makes doing HW easier, but it is slowly taking away the part of school that’s the most important. Figuring shyt out. And ima include cheating in that too. Even if you were to cheat you had to really work to figure out ways to get around doing your hw and such. ChatGPT will write a whole fukking essay in 30 seconds. That kind of efficiency is crazy.

In the future the ones who REALLY want to learn will stand out while everyone else will be a drooling imbecile without their AI overlords

I been saying this for a min, the intelligence gap is gonna be huge in the future and extremely noticeable. You can see it now with the rise of Anti- intellectualism and the dismissal of deep thinking.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Never used chegg for answers. Always used chegg to rent a textbook for almost as much as it cost to buy. :pacspit: fukk chegg

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
d6xnpHs.png

$1.90
giphy.gif

That is a nasty drop.

And with newer generations of students coming into college without ever seeing a college text book in their life, it’s lights out for Chegg unless they get swallowed up or strictly get into the ebook game.

Wild that 5 years ago during the height of CoronaMania they were at $113 (their ATH) in February 2021 then $31 in November 2021 — and never recovered since the price kept bottoming out.

Probably sat on their asses during Covid and figured the pandemic would last a lot longer and those rental orders would fly off the shelves.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Critical thinking is endangered. AI makes doing HW easier, but it is slowly taking away the part of school that’s the most important. Figuring shyt out. And ima include cheating in that too. Even if you were to cheat you had to really work to figure out ways to get around doing your hw and such. ChatGPT will write a whole fukking essay in 30 seconds. That kind of efficiency is crazy.

In the future the ones who REALLY want to learn will stand out while everyone else will be a drooling imbecile without their AI overlords

Exactly. I've been saying since smartphones came out that by the time I'm a senior citizen, those of us who were in the last generations to grow up without them are going to seem like gods among men. ChatGPT and whatever comes next is only going to make that worse.

As someone who recently got back into college chatgtp is goated

I'm jealous af of yall youngins who get to go thru college with this shyt available at your fingertips.

YouTube had just come out in my college days:flabbynsick:

At this point You got ZERO excuses to be failing any class

Why not just send a check to Phoenix University if that's all you want to get out of college?