To help combat overheating Sony will have game specific updates

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Watch this video.

Though I suspect you don't really care since this is speaking good about the PS5. :mjlol:

Also this one

That video told me nothing I don't already know, except I'm never watching that nikka again. Corny, unfunny, and unnecessarily long winded. He also sounds like a Sony nuthugger trying to spin how having a weaker system is good. His bullshyt hypothesis on the heat, power draw and noise are all speculation. Also, if the PS5 is running full blast more often than not trying to get as close to parity to SX, then these "savings' won't happen as much, if at all. It's also been suspected the fan in the PS5 will be louder than SX, so it's possible he's just flat out wrong. Again, all evidence points to Sony trying to close the power gap using whatever means they had.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That video told me nothing I don't already know, except I'm never watching that nikka again. Corny, unfunny, and unnecessarily long winded. He also sounds like a Sony nuthugger trying to spin how having a weaker system is good. His bullshyt hypothesis on the heat, power draw and noise are all speculation. Also, if the PS5 is running full blast more often than not trying to get as close to parity to SX, then these "savings' won't happen as much, if at all. It's also been suspected the fan in the PS5 will be louder than SX, so it's possible he's just flat out wrong. Again, all evidence points to Sony trying to close the power gap using whatever means they had.
Your post tells me all that I needed to know. Confirmation bias 101. Nothing will "tell you anything" besides what you want to hear. If I posted a video of someone saying the PS5's design is problematic and inferior you'd say "facts!".

It's funny how you guys avoid the truth because it doesn't align with what you want to believe.

Your whole perspective is deadlocked into a "weaker vs powerful" paradigm that has zero nuance. Everything to you is just "Sony tryna catch up... lol"

Anyway, you weren't buying the PS5 in the first place so all this energy towards an inferior system is pointless. Y'all need to spend more time talking about how great the Xbox will be instead of telling people to be concerned about the PS5 for unfounded reasons.

It's quite funny how objective some of you guys try to appear yet it's impossible because you only want to the convo to be framed one way. I can tell you cherry pick what you listen/read online because DF said similar things but y'all ignore them when they say something positive about the PS5.

I posted this, you couldn't have possibly watched it and said you know more than what he knows and can say he's wrong and that the PS5 defied all manufacturing and testing logistics and was simply overclocked to that degree mere weeks/months in advance in a scramble to match Xbox. it makes zero sense. You went straight to shytting on dude because he's not saying what you want him to say. He's explaining how something works and to you it's "spinning a weaker system." The fanboyism is real.

Again, y'all can stop with the faux concern now. You only want the convo to be "PS5 is weak, Series X makes a gigantic leap over it!" and to even cast doubt on it's engineering. It'll be "hot", liquid cooling is :picard: and all this other nonsense.

shyt is quite funny how y'all try to frame the discussion.:skip:

Anyway enjoy y'all Xbox next month.

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Your post tells me all that I needed to know. Confirmation bias 101. Nothing will "tell you anything" besides what you want to hear. If I posted a video of someone saying the PS5's design is problematic and inferior you'd say "facts!".

It's funny how you guys avoid the truth because it doesn't align with what you want to believe.

Your whole perspective is deadlocked into a "weaker vs powerful" paradigm that has zero nuance. Everything to you is just "Sony tryna catch up... lol"

It's quite funny how objective some of you guys try to appear yet it's impossible because you only want to the convo to be framed one way. I can tell you cherry pick what you listen/read online because DF said similar things but y'all ignore them when they say something positive about the PS5.

I posted this, you couldn't have possibly watched it and said you know more than what he knows and can say he's wrong.

It literally discredits and debunks the idea that Sony overclocked the PS5 to "match" the XSX on a technical standpoint. Again, y'all can stop with the faux concern now. You only want the convo to be "PS5 is weak, Series X makes a gigantic leap over it!" and to even cast doubt on it's engineering. It'll be "hot", liquid cooling is :picard: and all this other nonsense.

shyt is quite funny how y'all try to frame the discussion. :skip:

You accusing someone of confirmation bias is ironic and hilarious. Asking a logical person to believe Sony magically boosting their console a TF AFTER the delta from the SX got out, requiring an overengineered power and cooling system was all intentional is asking A LOT.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You accusing someone of confirmation bias is ironic and hilarious. Asking a logical person to believe Sony magically boosting their console a TF AFTER the delta from the SX got out, requiring an overengineered power and cooling system was all intentional is asking A LOT.
It's no surprise you and Iceberg are both huge Xbox fans. There's nothing here to pretend.
Difference here is I'm presenting logical evidence from experts on this that does not align with what you guys are saying. What you guys are saying are forum babble from a bunch of people who think they know more than the engineers themselves. Notice how I haven't said anything negative about the Series X's hardware since, it's mostly correcting PS5 misinformation? I mean not long ago some nikkas on here believed RE8 would be 1080P/60fps and struggle on the PS5.

The idea that you think the engineering is overdone is funny when that's the opposite of what Digital Foundry said.
. It's pretty clear what Sony's strategy is here with hardware design: to keep costs manageable with a small processor, but increase performance by blasting it with a high level of power, diverted to CPU and GPU frequencies as needed. Dissipating the heat is all down to what I'd consider an almost Toyota-like philosophy - not to reinvent the wheel (in the way that Microsoft has with Series X perhaps) but to rely upon what works and to add some extra flourishes where needed.
If DF, the go to experts on here says this then why are you guys saying otherwise? Again, you just want to hear what you want to hear. Nothing else really to discuss at this point lol.

The PS5 was overclocked in January right after leaks hit and that was that. Logistics be damned. :mjlol:

Enjoy the Xbox breh :salute:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It's no surprise you and Iceberg are both huge Xbox fans. There's nothing here to pretend.
Difference here is I'm presenting logical evidence from experts on this that does not align with what you guys are saying. What you guys are saying are forum babble from a bunch of people who think they know more than the engineers themselves. Notice how I haven't said anything negative about the Series X's hardware since, it's mostly correcting PS5 misinformation? I mean not long ago some nikkas on here believed RE8 would be 1080P/60fps and struggle on the PS5.

The idea that you think the engineering is overdone is funny when that's the opposite of what Digital Foundry said.
If DF, the go to experts on here says this then why are you guys saying otherwise? Again, you just want to hear what you want to hear. Nothing else really to discuss at this point lol.

The PS5 was overclocked in January right after leaks hit and that was that. Logistics be damned. :mjlol:
Then why was everything 9.3 TF until MS came with 12, then all of a sudden the 10.2 number appeared? Devs, rumor mills, nobody knew about the extra TF that was always there?:patrice:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Yo, dis nikka fatboi1 is like "Digital foundry said it uses a Toyota like philosophy, TOYOTA!!!"

Like nikka, gtfoh :laff:
I don't believe otherwise, but, it this was designed like that intentionally, that's worse, as this would be a serious case of mis-engineering. There's no way they wanted it to be that hot and power hungry, to where they have to make cooling profiles for games case by case.
You got it wrong, see, they got heat sensors on it so they can collect the data and then the fan see they can tell it to go on its high setting. See, the fan is very integral to system performance so when it's running say on medium? The graphics can get a 15% boost thanks to the left over power. It's a new way at looking at heat, you should be more open this method because it's TOYOTA engineered bro :wow:
Automatic optimization is forward thinking. A PS5 isn't a PC and optimization = something that happens over time. This isn't a bad thing. I think people should just let the console come out and do it's thing as opposed to faux concern.
You're not interested in reality, you're making excuses for anything Sony related and it's rotting your mind :francis:
Watch this video.

Though I suspect you don't really care since this is speaking good about the PS5. :mjlol:

Also this one

So this engineering fanboy doesn't have any system, and nobody has the ps5 but somehow he's there authority? He's qualified because he's an engineering student? And you're serious :dahell:

Anyway, you weren't buying the PS5 in the first place so all this energy towards an inferior system is pointless. Y'all need to spend more time talking about how great the Xbox will be instead of telling people to be concerned about the PS5 for unfounded reasons.

I posted this, you couldn't have possibly watched it and said you know more than what he knows and can say he's wrong and that the PS5 defied all manufacturing and testing logistics and was simply overclocked to that degree mere weeks/months in advance in a scramble to match Xbox. it makes zero sense. You went straight to shytting on dude because he's not saying what you want him to say. He's explaining how something works and to you it's "spinning a weaker system." The fanboyism is real.

Again, y'all can stop with the faux concern now. You only want the convo to be "PS5 is weak, Series X makes a gigantic leap over it!" and to even cast doubt on it's engineering. It'll be "hot", liquid cooling is :picard: and all this other nonsense.

shyt is quite funny how y'all try to frame the discussion.:skip:

Anyway enjoy y'all Xbox next month.

This nikka is FURIOUS!!! :lolbron:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You're not a logical person as evidenced by your posts throughout this and other threads. You're just another fan pushing bullshyt that has no basis in reality. :yeshrug:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Then why was everything 9.3 TF until MS came with 12, then all of a sudden the 10.2 number appeared? Devs, rumor mills, nobody knew about the extra TF that was always there?:patrice:
Except this is absolutely untrue. There was no "always 9.2TF then 10.2 number" sequence. The github leak was testing for various BC modes with less CU.

Just watch this. If you still think it's possible to make drastic changes this late in the game then you are seriously misinformed. They plan these things out years in advance. Either way you're being a bit dishonest or you're really just not in the know.

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Except this is absolutely untrue. There was no "always 9.2TF then 10.2 number" sequence. The github leak was testing for various BC modes with less CU.

Just watch this. If you still think it's possible to make drastic changes this late in the game then you are seriously misinformed. They plan these things out years in advance. Either way you're being a bit dishonest or you're really just not in the know.

You're wasting your time. It's should be obvious by now that it's literally impossible for the "last minute up clock" stuff to be true.

I mean, fast and narrow was part of Sony's design philosophy and the clock speed and gpu design bears that out. The years old patents for the cooling solution bear that out. Navi 21 shipping w/ 2.3 - 2.4 GHz clocks show that high clocks are an inherent design in RDNA2 architecture.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're wasting your time. It's should be obvious by now that it's literally impossible for the "last minute up clock" stuff to be true.

I mean, fast and narrow was part of Sony's design philosophy and the clock speed and gpu design bears that out. The years old patents for the cooling solution bear that out. Navi 21 shipping w/ 2.3 - 2.4 GHz clocks show that high clocks are an inherent design in RDNA2 architecture.
AMD overclocked their GPU to match Nvidia after September's conference :troll:

These guys think like consumers. They think these manufacturers pick parts on newegg.com and order them in bulk and hook them up a few months before release.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

You're literally making to shyt, and you would have got co signed if I wasn't here to slap some sense into you :stop:

You're fanboy deep into a strawman argument, nobody said a thing about Sony but taking years to develop what they have, but they did not design the system to need updates on a per game basis. You are fatboi1 show us that and we'll fall back. Otherwise acknowledge there's something not good going on.

You guys are literally acting as if hardware doesn't fail all the time, it's impossible for Sony to have to adjust right?

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
You're not a logical person as evidenced by your posts throughout this and other threads. You're just another fan pushing bullshyt that has no basis in reality. :yeshrug:

Smack, who is this nikka *Yung Ill voice*

I've already seen that video. It's not a "drastic change" if it's a part of the SOC feature set, which is what Cerny said when he introduced the concept. Again, if I were to believe it wasn't a response to the SX, then it was Sony over engineering again. I just have a hard time believing that was the best they could come up with.

The theory that they tried to cheap out is feasible, too, but that's not good, either. However you slice it, the design isn't that good this time:manny:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I've already seen that video. It's not a "drastic change" if it's a part of the SOC feature set, which is what Cerny said when he introduced the concept. Again, if I were to believe it wasn't a response to the SX, then it was Sony over engineering again. I just have a hard time believing that was the best they could come up with.

The theory that they tried to cheap out is feasible, too, but that's not good, either. However you slice it, the design isn't that good this time:manny:
I somehow doubt you "watched" and even listened as he gave plenty of first hand evidence from Sony's engineer themselves plus other companies doing the same thing.

This is back pedaling. First it was a overlock of "a whole teraflop!" to now it's not a drastic change. Going from 9.2TF to 10.2TF is drastic breh. Even if it was a 400 MHz overclock that would be drastic.

If it was part of the "SOC feature set", it was already part of it 2 years ago as said by the head of mechanical design Ootori. Dude literally says they planned the cooling and liquid metal stuff years ago but you're saying it's overengineering as if you know for a fact what is normal and what is overengineering. Again, overengineering is literally impossible. They can't over engineer something they planned years in advance.

You're stuck on numbers point blank period. The "12TF" vs "10.3tf boost" is all that you're seeing. You're just seeing the cooling as a "response" to MSFT when that's literally impossible. You're ignoring roadmaps with AMD, developer feedback. It goes against how these things are made.

Last edited:

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit

It's what they designed to achieve their goals. Again, fast is one of their goals, and some workloads scale better with high clock speeds. The "it was a response" narrative makes no sense because it is impossible to design something this comprehensive in such a short window. The "cheap out" narrative makes even less sense when you look at their I/O and other complementary customization(s).

Blazing fast with ways to reduce bottlenecks, and they have seemingly achieved this.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I somehow doubt you "watched" and even listened as he gave plenty of first hand evidence from Sony's engineer themselves plus other companies doing the same thing.

This is back pedaling. First it was a overlock of "a whole teraflop!" to now it's not a drastic change. Going from 9.2TF to 10.2TF is drastic breh. Even if it was a 400 MHz overclock that would be drastic.

If it was part of the "SOC feature set", it was already part of it 2 years ago as said by the head of mechanical design Ootori. Dude literally says they planned the cooling and liquid metal stuff years ago but you're saying it's overengineering as if you know for a fact what is normal and what is overengineering. Again, overengineering is literally impossible. They can't over engineer something they planned years in advance.

You're stuck on numbers point blank period. The "12TF" vs "10.3tf boost" is all that you're seeing. You're just seeing the cooling as a "response" to MSFT when that's literally impossible. You're ignoring roadmaps with AMD, developer feedback. It goes against how these things are made.
No, I'm going on what we've been told by everyone but Sony and their fanboys. 9 TF, heat issues, power issues, weird variable clock system that makes it harder for devs, for seemingly no good reason, but squeezing out an extra TF. I could be wrong, but it's whatever. If you Sony nikkas like it, go for it.