To help combat overheating Sony will have game specific updates

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
adjusting the fan speed game by game is kinda weird. it should just increase the fan speed as the temp rises
That's what I was saying, you're the first person in this thread to acknowledge it.

So this whole "we actively collecting data" angle to cool on a game by game basis is outright indirectly confirming there's a heat issue. Because this "revolutionary" new feature wouldn't be something they sneak in a month before launch like NBA 2k ads :scust: Mark Cerny said nothing about this when he broke down the ps5.

The fact the Sony stans won't even touch this subject is priceless :banderas:

Das Boot :win:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
adjusting the fan speed game by game is kinda weird. it should just increase the fan speed as the temp rises

It is weird but as I've said beforehand, the system run hot. That's not a surprise. They are using liquid metal already. There isn't a need to fight for or against in this situation. Everything points to it.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
It is weird but as I've said beforehand, the system run hot. That's not a surprise. They are using liquid metal already. There isn't a need to fight for or against in this situation. Everything points to it.
But they like even the liquid metal isn't isn't enough to fix-a-dent and forget it. they wanna continue to heavily monitor to the point they wanna adjust the fans but after it collects data.

Does that sound like it's by design or a design flaw. Wouldn't Cerny have touched on this if it was by design???

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I figured FlabStation Larry stans are programmed to deflect so let me pull up the quotes so you can begin to see what it is...

It's right there in black n red. But here's where shyt don't add up. This is stuff you talk about during the cerny ps5 reveal thing they had. And if you pay attention to how things are worded. Games released in the future, data will be recorded.

BUT THERE'S MULTIPLE TEMPERATURE SENSORS ON THE SOC SO WHY WOULD DATA NEED TO BE COLLECTED? THE TEMP SENSORS SHOULD THEN DECIDE, NO NEED TO SEND DATA TO DO IT UNLESS THERE'S SOMETHING ELSE THEY ARE ANTICIPATING.

Right? That's what the sensor is there for. If I'm wrong please break it down for me so I can get a system at launch (Story Mandatory)
All this means is that instead of waiting for the console to reach a certain temperature before the fan kicks in at max speed, it will kick in as soon as the game starts demanding more power before the temperature rises.

It's a good idea.

:yeshrug:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Sony in trying to be as cheap as possible used some risky new shyt. They say they’ve figured it out, but we will see
The liquid metal solution is actually the more expensive solution since you gotta develop a way for it to not fukk up everything around it.

It has been done before but it's not cheap at all.

Sony probably spent more than Microsoft on the cooling solution, which is why both systems have similar manufacturing cost even with Microsoft having better hardware.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Once again. Add up the number of threads court makes about the five compared to the Larry. :wow: nikka can’t even pretend to be excited to play 15 year old games in 4k

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
But they like even the liquid metal isn't isn't enough to fix-a-dent and forget it. they wanna continue to heavily monitor to the point they wanna adjust the fans but after it collects data.

Does that sound like it's by design or a design flaw. Wouldn't Cerny have touched on this if it was by design???

No one will ever convince me that the PS5 that is hitting the market is the original vision for the PS5. It is a PS5.x. There are too many things that point to this. Sony was going to make a $399 console for the PS5, when they got wind of what the new Xbox could do, they realized that they couldn't sit at that spec because they likely figured that Microsoft would not only best them in spec but also match in price so they had to reduce the gap in power. Mid console development, the only thing that was feasible was to up the clocks. Even then, that is to a certain point.

Ultimately, this is by design and design flaw but with caveats. This is perhaps the only way to go and then we still don't know how it is going to go over prolonged periods so they are designing around what is done thus far and crossing their fingers. The flaw, though they can't really be faulted here totally, was thinking that the original PS5, be it 9.2 TF or whatever, was going to be enough to start this upcoming gen. Nobody expected the XSX to be what it is spec wise.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I guess they want it to be as quiet as possible. if the game won't get the system too hot, they can use a mellow fan curve. it might get hot, but it should plateau before it gets too hot. but if a game runs hotter, they'll use a more aggressive fan curve. it will run the fans faster, so temps don't get out of control

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
The liquid metal solution is actually the more expensive solution since you gotta develop a way for it to not fukk up everything around it.

It has been done before but it's not cheap at all.

Sony probably spent more than Microsoft on the cooling solution, which is why both systems have similar manufacturing cost even with Microsoft having better hardware.
The liquid solution was just that, a solution to a problem. They didn't design the ps5 with the purpose of it costing more and being underpowered. That's what they ended with...
All this means is that instead of waiting for the console to reach a certain temperature before the fan kicks in at max speed, it will kick in as soon as the game starts demanding more power before the temperature rises.

It's a good idea.

:yeshrug:
That's BULLshyt because it has and I quote "multiple heat sensors" so once it begins to heat at all (again, multiple heat sensors) is when it would act accordingly. That's literally it's only job as a heat sensor and it's not working alone because there's multiple ones on it.

They wanna collect data and then tell it what to do, something you'd do if you didn't have multiple heat sensors already :francis: