TO ALL THE SPACE DENIERS.......

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
@Ill Clinton it means all of our calendars and knowledge of the movement of the celestial bodies came from THEM, BEFORE anyone put forth the possibility of a spheroid earth spinning through nothing

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Why are y'all so confident in something that y'all never have and never will see with your own eyes?

Serious question
As an intellectual, it’s easy to see when someone is batting above their level. In other words, I know my intellect is of a certain level. There are things I grasp easily compared to others, and some even more complicated things I cannot easily grasp, but those of a higher intellect can do so.
That is to say, there are some SMART mutherfukkers working on this as their life’s work. They understand the complete picture that laymen cannot begin to grasp. For some forum nikkas to post YouTube vids that are attempting to simply spin/misconstrue words said by rocket scientist as proof of some huge conspiracy is fukkin Idiocracy come to life imo.
What makes it worse is you all say it like it’s a done deal, 100 percent facts that science in general is one massive lie and coverup after another simply because government bodies routinely hide and lie about sensitive information on the regular. Thing is, this is a MASSIVE lie that no one would be able to hold up. The shyt just makes no sense; and, once again, as an intellectual, I have seen the rise of anti intellectualism, and it’s extremely disheartening.
Tl,dr the only reason these nikkas are on the flat earth bullshyt is cause you aren’t smart enough to crunch the data and see for yourselves. You don’t need to go to space to prove that it’s real.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
This is an extremely weak motive for an extremely large conspiracy.
If you don't even acknowledge that you're being lied to, why do you think you would even begin to comprehend the motive behind that lie?

You think that all life and reality is supposed to be getting up, working 50 hours a week and paying taxes to people who are already rich??

Is this what life is supposed to be about??

Is this how my african ancestors lived??

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
And none of those beliefs had to do with math/science/medicine/agriculture so how is that relevant to this discussion?

How can all of the math and mapping of the stars line up for a people believing that the earth is flat if it isn't flat

And STILL no one has explained to me how the constellations have been pretty much the same for millenia when every hour we're supposed to be 1,000,000+ miles away from our previous position
They do move. And this was discovered 100s of years ago by Edmund Hailey.

Even the fastest stars take a long time to travel a noticeable distance. A faint star named Barnard's Star moves the fastest through our skies. Still, for it to change its position only by an amount equal to the width of the moon would take about 180 years. The constellations surely change shape, but seeing the changes would require superhuman patience!

halley.jpg

The person who discovered that the stars move was the great British astronomer Edmond Halley, who also has a famous comet named after him. Almost 300 years ago he noticed that a few stars in charts made by Greek sky watchers were not in quite the same location anymore. Those charts were more than 1600 years old then, and even over that time, the bright stars Sirius, Arcturus, and Aldebaran had shifted position only slightly. Still, it was enough for Halley to realize that those stars must have moved.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
As an intellectual, it’s easy to see when someone is batting above their level. In other words, I know my intellect is of a certain level. There are things I grasp easily compared to others, and some even more complicated things I cannot easily grasp, but those of a higher intellect can do so.
That is to say, there are some SMART mutherfukkers working on this as their life’s work. They understand the complete picture that laymen cannot begin to grasp. For some forum nikkas to post YouTube vids that are attempting to simply spin/misconstrue words said by rocket scientist as proof of some huge conspiracy is fukkin Idiocracy come to life imo.
What makes it worse is you all say it like it’s a done deal, 100 percent facts that science in general is one massive lie and coverup after another simply because government bodies routinely hide and lie about sensitive information on the regular. Thing is, this is a MASSIVE lie that no one would be able to hold up. The shyt just makes no sense; and, once again, as an intellectual, I have seen the rise of anti intellectualism, and it’s extremely disheartening.
Tl,dr the only reason these nikkas are on the flat earth bullshyt is cause you aren’t smart enough to crunch the data and see for yourselves. You don’t need to go to space to prove that it’s real.
So essentially what you're saying is that you're not smart enough to grasp certain concepts so you defer to a figure who you believe to be a smarter authority than you

Which is a perfect example of how a person such as yourself has been programmed

It's also a perfect example of how science has become an religion

As Ive said before, I went to gatech for computer engineering and physics. I'm actually still enrolled, I have a year left that I'm actually not going to finish

I'm certified to teach basic to mid level physics and I'm also certified to be an electrician

Everything you don't understand, I've taken classes for and passed pretty easily

I can regurgitate all of the formulas that you think are complicated and confusing

The issue here is that, because you doubt your own intelligence, you're scared to question anything that you've been told not to question

Which, again, is no different than being in a religious cult

I didn't post confusing videos

I asked questions

How could nixon make a call to the moon in the 60s.

Why don't the constellations change?

How come high noon on january 1 isn't high midnight on july 1 when the earth is supposed to be on the opposite side of the sun?

Why can't a helicopter just hover in 1 area and have it's location come to it?

How do north/south facing landing strips work when the speed of the earth rotation varies greatly between the equator and the north pole?

Where are the stars and satellites in ANY photo of earth that we've been shown?

Are these questions "above your intellectual level"?

Please point me to a person that can answer them

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
They do move. And this was discovered 100s of years ago by Edmund Hailey.

Even the fastest stars take a long time to travel a noticeable distance. A faint star named Barnard's Star moves the fastest through our skies. Still, for it to change its position only by an amount equal to the width of the moon would take about 180 years. The constellations surely change shape, but seeing the changes would require superhuman patience!

halley.jpg

The person who discovered that the stars move was the great British astronomer Edmond Halley, who also has a famous comet named after him. Almost 300 years ago he noticed that a few stars in charts made by Greek sky watchers were not in quite the same location anymore. Those charts were more than 1600 years old then, and even over that time, the bright stars Sirius, Arcturus, and Aldebaran had shifted position only slightly. Still, it was enough for Halley to realize that those stars must have moved.
It seems like you don't understand what I'm saying

par·al·lax
/ˈperəˌlaks/
noun
noun: parallax
the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions, e.g., through the viewfinder and the lens of a camera.
the angular amount of parallax in a particular case, especially that of a star viewed from different points in the earth's orbit.

The parallax with respect to ALL constellations has remained relatively the same over millienia, even though we're supposedly trillions of miles away from the position that we were centuries ago

The angles should be varying WILDLY from DAY TO DAY

But they don't

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
If it is a simulation why pretend it is a sphere at all? Why not create a world where the end-end leads to the starting-end in a continuous loop and just make a rule in your physics physics that allows for this. Such as how the universe might actually bend back on itself. That would be much better than hiding a secret that's so obviously a break in reality and so simple to detect that your average polar bear or penguin could find it.
If you wanted to hide something from humans you'd make it a little harder to discover wouldn't you.

Wisdomkeyz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Wisdom
So essentially what you're saying is that you're not smart enough to grasp certain concepts so you defer to a figure who you believe to be a smarter authority than you

As Ive said before, I went to gatech for computer engineering and physics. I'm actually still enrolled, I have a year left that I'm actually not going to finish

I'm certified to teach basic to mid level physics and I'm also certified to be an electrician

Everything you don't understand, I've taken classes for and passed pretty easily

I can regurgitate all of the formulas that you think are complicated and confusing

The issue here is that, because you doubt your own intelligence, you're scared to question anything that you've been told not to question

I asked questions

How come high noon on january 1 isn't high midnight on july 1 when the earth is supposed to be on the opposite side of the sun?

How do north/south facing landing strips work when the speed of the earth rotation varies greatly between the equator and the north pole?

The same way i understand that God is more intelligent than me and knows things i can't even begin to fathom

These brehs look at cac scientists that way and put their unwavering faith in them lol the irony

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
And none of those beliefs had to do with math/science/medicine/agriculture so how is that relevant to this discussion?

How can all of the math and mapping of the stars line up for a people believing that the earth is flat if it isn't flat

And STILL no one has explained to me how the constellations have been pretty much the same for millenia when every hour we're supposed to be 1,000,000+ miles away from our previous position

Thousands of years mean nothing at those distances.

Galactic clusters (and matter within them) are gravitationally bound to a greater degree than objects in sparser intergalactic space. I'd imagine the vast majority of what could be detected thousands of years ago is within our local cluster.

"A supercluster is a large group of smaller galaxy clusters or galaxy groups;[1] it is among the largest-known structures of the cosmos. The Milky Way is part of the Local Group galaxy group (which contains more than 54 galaxies), which in turn is part of the Laniakea Supercluster.[2] This supercluster spans over 500 million light-years, while the Local Group spans over 10 million light-years.[1] The number of superclusters in the observable universe is estimated to be 10 million.[3]"
Supercluster - Wikipedia

Bodies in space are in rotation breh NOT (just) moving in "straight" (minskowski) lines.
The Moon rotates around the Earth.
The Earth around the Sun.
The Solar System (Sun bound) rotates within the Galaxy.
Galaxies rotate around each other.
In cycles.

Think of it this way even if we moved at 1 million miles in the last 100 years because the moon is gravitationally bound and moving with us it is is the approximate same relative position.

And to detect we measure angular shifts. The entire span of 16 billion years of motion is visible within (and hence subject to division by only) 360 degrees.

If you wait long enough (several billion years no doubt) then everything will pass the Universal Event Horizon and then the night sky will go dark forever.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

Or he might be a pilot. Pilots have to constantly adjust for the curvature of the Earth.

Because radio waves travel at the speed of light? Why couldn't he do it?

20130115_radio_broadcasts_f840.jpg

"Light travels through space at just over 186,000 miles per second. The moon is just under 250,000 miles from Earth, so light from the Moon's surface has to travel more than one second (about 1.3 seconds) to reach us."

They do. Very slowly.

The Sun rotates too right? The moon for example is rotationally bound with the earth so we always see the same side. Not sure I understand the issue here

You can do that in space - if you are far enough from gravitational effects. That's like asking when someone being driven in a car cannot stop being moved by the car. The answer is the car takes the person along with them so they cannot. You somehow think that the atmosphere is different to a solid object (the car seat) in its effects rather than just the magnitude of its effects.

If the atmosphere did not form a barrier we would not be so limited in terms of the speed we could achieve within it.

Because they don't stretch from the equator to the north pole? The speed differential over a few km or so is nothing.

International Space Station

:hhh:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
So now the moon isnt solid
:mjgrin:
I guess its a hologram then.....

The moon might actually be more hollow than expected. There are reports out there. :hhh: .

The other odd thing is the fact that we live in the period where the moon and sun are the same approximate size in the night sky.

That's a bit too much of a co-incidence in my book.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
A recent scientific journal is not a book that accurately explains the movements of the celestial bodies above us

It's confirmation bias

I'm asking about a book older than and outside of the current european scientific community that reinforces what they have recently said

Because none actually exists

My african ancestors SURELY DID NOT believe that the earth was a spheroid spinning through nothing

They knew the earth was flat

And they had mastery of astrology, agriculture, math and science that current europeans are only recently being able to understand

Eratosthenes of Cyrene (/ɛrəˈtɒsθəniːz/; Greek: Ἐρατοσθένης ὁ Κυρηναῖος, IPA: [eratostʰénɛːs]; c. 276 BC[1] – c. 195/194 BC[2]) was a Greek mathematician, geographer, poet, astronomer, and music theorist. He was a man of learning, becoming the chief librarian at the Library of Alexandria. He invented the discipline of geography, including the terminology used today.[3]

He is best known for being the first person to calculate the circumference of the Earth, which he did by comparing altitudes of the mid-day sun at two places a known North-South distance apart.[4] His calculation was remarkably accurate. He was also the first to calculate the tilt of the Earth's axis, again with remarkable accuracy.

Eratosthenes - Wikipedia

Raid

Get money and waste it
Daps
Reppin
Mall runners (FDMG)
The moon might actually be more hollow than expected. There are reports out there. :hhh: .

The other odd thing is the fact that we live in the period where the moon and sun are the same approximate size in the night sky.

That's a bit too much of a co-incidence in my book.
I never said I didnt believe in the moon being hollow......
:sas2:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

I asked questions

Why is the routing of a phone call over radio waves hard to believe :mjlol:
There was even delay between the conversation. Possibly fake? Sure. Absolutely fake? Idiotic take.
What is your frame of reference? We have been watching the stars for a couple centuries. It took millions of years for the fukkin light from the stars to reach our eyes/telescopes. Maybe in a million more years, we will observe a nice change. Basic physics :mjlol:
The earth, with respect to the sun, does rotate in 24 hours. Those 24 hours count from solar noon to solar noon, not 360 degree movement. 360 degree movement is done in less than 24 hours, about 23 hrs 56 min . This time difference compiled over 6 months accounts for about 12 hours, hence the reason noon jan 1st to noon july first is still facing the sun. Its actually more than 182.5 days (half a year), its 183 days. 183 days from one point to the next will have you in the same sun facing position as the starting point. Same reason we have a leap year. Basic to comprehend.
Law of conversation of momentum. We, along with earth's atmosphere, are already moving at a set speed due to the earths rotation with respect to external, heavenly bodies. Lifting off does nothing to counteract the horizontal energy already applied to the helicopter. This is pretty basic physics, "physics major"
Not versed on this, but since youre asking such easily comprehended questions already, im sure an answer is out there.
An easy one: contrast. Same reason you wont be able to point a telescope at the moon and see stars if you are zoomed in. You have to zoom out and adjust the contrast. In pictures of earth, it is the subject of the photo. The stars, with much less light, are not seen. Basic physics yet again
Doesn't look like it..
You're wrong. I don't follow science religiously. The scientific method, although, is worth applying to most ideas in life. I can find no fault in it other than the humans that apply it.
I am not afraid to question anything, and I also have not been told not to question anything. That isnt how the scientific method works.
Question everything, sure. But make sure the question actually is backed by some logical thought that hadnt occurred to someone else before. Most all the shyt you and others say/post has been debunked, or the conclusion would fall to the wayside for some new theory as to how something works/ state of existence.
Most the shyt you posted is also easily explained in a logical manner with a few searches. That is, if you are able to fully comprehend and visualize what you are reading. Based on your questions, I am having doubts as such.