Tired of Hollyweirds obsession with making all black male characters gay...

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Has it been mentioned in this thread, there is actual script policy that Hollywood now follows.

Where they have to include a specific type of character or include specific elements, so a "Black Gay Male that is anti-gun" knocks out 3 elements in one.

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
Has it been mentioned in this thread, there is actual script policy that Hollywood now follows.

Where they have to include a specific type of character or include specific elements, so a "Black Gay Male that is anti-gun" knocks out 3 elements in one.

'script policy'

And what happens when they don't follow the policy?

Made Man

All Star
Daps
:why: This shyt never fails. It’s like the jig has been up years ago and they not even trying to hide it at this point .

Watching this new magic show with my girl on Netflix called Fate: Winx, there are literally only 2 black “main characters “, 1 male and 1 female, of course they make the dude gay/ bi or some shyt, and it’s only episode 2. He did some sus shyt on Ep 1 and I knew that shyt was coming, but I still hoped it would go another way :snoop:.

Daps
Just watched Hacks on HBO Max…one Black male character and you already know :mjgrin::francis::mjpls:

But, I actually like his character. Thought it works like Lloyd worked in Entourage, yet this guy didn’t need to be the butt (:skip:) of every joke. :ehh:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
The main problem with black folks being the gay character is that they pull the layers of masculinity. You would think that most of the gay population that's black are straight up twitching and snapping fingers. Why not add a bit of class and style to the character if you are trying to make them gay, instead of this wild weirdo that's taken for a joke.

I don't even think white gay characters have that much wild sass like black folks in movies :francis:

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
Since this thread got bumped, it reminds me to cancel Netflix again. I know I've been saying I was gonna cancel since before the year started, but for some reason I haven't. I haven't even watched anything on Netflix this year, plus they went up...what a waste of money. I guess I feel there's still at least one or two movies on their I may find of interesting that I haven't seen yet, which is probably why I haven't canceled. But I just don't feel like finding a movie or show that holds my interest, then get turned off again because they done snucked in their agenda. I'm hoping not every program on Netflix has a gay agenda, but right now I'm shooting 0 for 2, or maybe 0 for 3. I'm talking about the programs with Blacks in them. So far most of the White programs nearly put me to sleep. I actually watched one White tv episode all the way through, and it was totally about nothing. It was like watching a plane reaching a high speed on a runway, but never taking off...or maybe never reaching a high speed at all. That seldom happens when I watch a full episode. Netflix always kinda rubbed me that way, including their movies. But just like in the past, it would take me forever to cancel :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
The main problem with black folks being the gay character is that they pull the layers of masculinity. You would think that most of the gay population that's black are straight up twitching and snapping fingers. Why not add a bit of class and style to the character if you are trying to make them gay, instead of this wild weirdo that's taken for a joke.

I don't even think white gay characters have that much wild sass like black folks in movies :francis:

The only time I’ve ever seen a white gay character portrayed in some sassy light is in black comedies, mostly older ones. Other than that, white gay characters usually have layers and motives. Black gay characters are mostly “HEY LOOK, I’M GAY!!” and isn’t at all relevant to the story

Last edited:

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
These gay/bi/trans overtones are too much for me, this shyt is so forced and you can tell it is force because most of the time it adds nothing to the story.

I also agree with seeing too many black males being overly gay like damn do they always have to act like the gay movie critics on In Living Color.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These gay/bi/trans overtones are too much for me, this shyt is so forced and you can tell it is force because most of the time it adds nothing to the story.

I also agree with seeing too many black males being overly gay like damn do they always have to act like the gay movie critics on In Living Color.

Like another poster said they really trying to do away with the black alpha male image and want it to be either a bunch of lil nas X’s or nba players with nothing in between smh

Daps
Y'all take too long to notice patterns

Y'all take too long to react to patterns.

I bushed Netflix like 5 years ago. They didn't care about me as an audience it's that simple. I bushed Network television 10 years ago.

When they started doing the "subvert expectations" exclusively with black male protagonists I was done and that was 10 years ago.

10 years later Network television still won't make a black male protagonists that isn't some pathetic stereotype. So they looking to die on that hill.

Daps
You know I am not down for conspiracy theories but I just started to watch The Upshaws with Mike Epps and Wanda Sykes. It’s pretty funny in parts but every character is messed up save one character who’s Mike Epp’s estranged son. Take a guess. Yeah he’s gay and in the closet. SMH.

Last edited:

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
Hollywood taught me that Black people are all gay fake woke democrats who all talk, act and think the exact same way :wow:oh and think white liberals are saviors that can do no wrong :scust:its some tv and movies that are more racist than "birth of a nation" that have been released in the past 5 years and most people don't even see it cause the younger generation think pandering is acceptance my generation was like "who are they to be equal to?" :pacspit: