Tips on high blood pressure? The bottom number is 3 digits which I've never had happen before

Yzak

All Star
Bushed
Daps
My diet isn't great

I thought that since I go to the gym a lot and lift heavy, I could eat whatever
:francis:
Nah breh, I was the same where I was working out a lot and running, but cardio never improved. Had to cut out basically all processed snacks, candies, carbs and damn near stopped using salt in some dishes cause the ingredients themselves were already salty.
I even noticed my snoring is reduced and my head feels clearer.

Oh yea no alcohol either and smoking needs to stop, but I still light one up occasionally

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Maybe I’m lucky but I’ve always been health conscious. I stopped drinking soda at ten years old, after watching a nutritionist on Oprah warn how bad it was for you. That was enough to scare me off it.

I cut out brown sugar too and reduced my salt intake at a young age. Always drank ginger tea in the morning before eating anything.

I inadvertent intermittently fasted because I never liked the idea of breakfast. I always waited until lunch. And I always made sure since I was a teenager, to walk at least 5 miles a day.

Little did I know, doing all these things from a young age have kept me healthy. I’ve never needed a trip to the hospital. Outside of having a few seasonal flus, I don’t get ill at all.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s probably genetic especiallly if you’re black and your lifestyle is healthy like you claim. Meds is your only hope so get on that shyt asap

Good lifestyle Is good but if it’s genetic it won’t do much good cos I used to be in your position too. Ate healthy, gym, low weight yet mine was extremely high until I got on meds. And unfortunately I’ll be on it the rest of my life

Last edited:

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
What do these numbers mean? :lupe:

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
Maybe I’m lucky but I’ve always been health conscious. I stopped drinking soda at ten years old, after watching a nutritionist on Oprah warn how bad it was for you. That was enough to scare me off it.

I cut out brown sugar too and reduced my salt intake at a young age. Always drank ginger tea in the morning before eating anything.

I inadvertent intermittently fasted because I never liked the idea of breakfast. I always waited until lunch. And I always made sure since I was a teenager, to walk at least 5 miles a day.

Little did I know, doing all these things from a young age have kept me healthy. I’ve never needed a trip to the hospital. Outside of having a few seasonal flus, I don’t get ill at all.
Shut the fukk up!

LuuqMaan

Superstar
Daps
ive reached the conclusion that the best thing for humans is low stress, good sleep and to eat what comes from the earth. fruits veggies and if you consume animal flesh try to stick to grass fed

stay away from that other processed, shyt. cut back or cut it out.
:francis:
Bruh, I realised this years ago and been trying to cut down on shyt in my daily life.

It’s not natural to have this much food or even access to this high number of shyt available to us. Without exercising as well.

Gotta balance shyt out

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
What I did to lower my blood pressure in 30 days:

• Reduced my sodium to no more than 1500mg a day
  • Cut out ultra processed foods 6 days a week(gave my self a cheat day)
  • Upped my protein(not sure if this is direct cause but its what I did)
  • Increased my potassium to no less than 4000mg a day
  • Increased my fruit intake(didn't care for vegetables outside of small amounts of spinach)

I ate a ton of apples, oranges, bananas, avocados
I ate a metric ton of plantain

I didn't even workout much either. But I did try to walk a bit. Maybe 8000k steps a day was minimum

My go to meal was chickpeas(mixed with some spinach and spices) and fried plantain. Loved it.

My blood pressure went down to 132/80(I checked multiple times and this was the highest number I recorded)

My sugar levels went down too(took a blood test)

Before this, my BP was like 160/100. It was just a one time thing. Foolishly, I only had 4 hours of sleep and decided to have caffeine before testing. After a few hours I tried again and it was like 156/92 3 straight times(give or take a digit)

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
Yea breh, cut that red meat. The red meat isn't really red.

When you run over a deer or rodent, the insides decomposes ASAP after is dies and it turns, gray, black, sometimes a dark matter.

Well that's the same when they kill a cow, lamb, and other animals. The kill happens 30 days or longer before it gets to our store and to our ice box

The red that you and I see at the store in the package are the chemicals that they use to keep the meat from looking like road kill

If they don't spray and inject those harmful chemicals, I guarantee you wouldn't eat 99%-100% of that meat in these stores.

If you eat animal you suppose to eat it within 2hrs after it dies
Gonna research this myself. If it’s true it’s chicken cheesesteaks and turkey burgers in my household going forward